Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 173500 times
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #1357: May 08, 2020 11:14:51 am
      Why haven't Liverpool F.C. been in the news today? After all it is V.E. (Victory in Europe) Day.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,179 posts | 528 
      Reply #1358: May 08, 2020 11:30:25 am
      You've been listening to Mo and Sadio too much.;D

Try Chorum.

You're welcome.

Or even   Quorum.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #1359: May 08, 2020 02:27:36 pm

Even better!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1360: May 08, 2020 05:42:12 pm

Yep cricketers still got mortgages to pay. Footballers in the prem no such worries.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #1361: May 08, 2020 06:30:17 pm
      Quote from Rush Goalie
      Are Brighton serious? It's a shameless attempt to avoid relegation saying not playing at home is losing the integrity of the competition, well doesn't it work the other way where you don't have the disadvantage of being the away team? Are they thick? Or they think everyone else is.
      We're being told if possible health depending the PL needs to be completed and if this is the safest way so be it.
      We need two more wins but we won't have a full Anfield to roar us on to those 2 wins so is that fair.. Probably not but what's the alternative?
      It's clear that a number of teams would see the PL scrapped completely just to make sure they're in the PL next year and they'd take the financial hit as they'd still make more money being back in it next year. If they announced no relegation you wouldn't hear from the Brighton CEO again. I don't usually worry who goes down and who doesn't as the table doesn't lie but I'd find it funny if it backfires on them

If you want to play behind closed doors, that's one thing. Removing home advantage just so a few people won't gather outside grounds, makes a mockery of the fixture list and affects the integrity of the competition. It is a brainfade stupid proposal. There's 92 games outstanding, plus hundreds of games in all the other leagues, and the cup. Does any thought be put into the logistics of these things?

The Germans are happy enough to let clubs play at home and travel hundreds of kilometres across the country twice a week. If they can do it, so can clubs in our league.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1362: May 08, 2020 11:06:43 pm
      So many things have changed due to the virus that have already affected the league. Players who were out for the season are all of a sudden in the mix.

In the end if it's to happen teams will have to play ball and stop messing about.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1363: May 09, 2020 11:11:40 am
      So many things have changed due to the virus that have already affected the league. Players who were out for the season are all of a sudden in the mix.

In the end if it's to happen teams will have to play ball and stop messing about.

Depends how long they’ve been out injured. If they’ve been out for a while I can’t see them playing much part still because the work they would have hoped to be doing in order to regain fitness and sharpness has been incredibly limited. They might play the odd game but the likes of Brookes who’ve been out for the season, Rashford who was going to be a doubt for the Euro’s, I can’t see getting much more game time.

Only need to look at Ox last season. Was back in training around early March I think it was but we barely saw anything of him. Different injury of course but those who’ve been out for a while, with their recovery being hampered, there will likely be set backs.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #1364: May 09, 2020 03:36:23 pm
      https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/sports/soccer-south-korea.html

South Korean football resumes. Jeonbuk defeats Suwon 1-0. No spectators. Played in a downpour. Live-streamed on YouTube. More than 1,000 players and other staff tested before the league resumed. Not sure how often they all have to be tested.

"The stadium was empty and silent, although crowd noise was pumped in on occasion. Players and coaches on the sidelines wore masks — Jeonbuk’s had team logos. Players bumped fists instead of shaking hands. Even excessive conversations on the pitch were discouraged."

Could this be England in a month?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1365: May 09, 2020 05:08:28 pm
      https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/sports/soccer-south-korea.html

South Korean football resumes. Jeonbuk defeats Suwon 1-0. No spectators. Played in a downpour. Live-streamed on YouTube. More than 1,000 players and other staff tested before the league resumed. Not sure how often they all have to be tested.

"The stadium was empty and silent, although crowd noise was pumped in on occasion. Players and coaches on the sidelines wore masks — Jeonbuk’s had team logos. Players bumped fists instead of shaking hands. Even excessive conversations on the pitch were discouraged."

Could this be England in a month?

No chance.Far to backward thinking in England.neutral stadiums,people acting like tw*ts in the streets.I've gone over to the call it quit's,let a shitload of clubs go tits up and start a european super league without all the little england,vera lynn gobshites.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1366: May 09, 2020 06:11:27 pm

Are they not already in isolation?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,521 posts | 3462 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1367: May 09, 2020 07:04:36 pm
      Are they not already in isolation?

Think he means going into a camp in order to prepare to play
      Anfield-Fan99
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 32 
      Drive-In-Anfield
      Reply #1368: May 09, 2020 08:56:18 pm

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020 09:30:52 pm by Anfield-Fan99 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,521 posts | 3462 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1369: May 10, 2020 12:30:10 am
      So the bottom six will allegedly agree to neutral grounds if they get rid of relegation, integrity my arse
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1370: May 10, 2020 01:21:22 am
      champions League and Europa league surely needs some clarification soon. I know UEFA would like all the leagues to be completed unless the governments prevent it happening, which is the case for Ligue 1, Erevedise and a couple of others but it can’t be deemed suitable to then carry on the competition if a team has had a ban on their country having sport.

It’s not a case of us being out and me being bitter about it, far from it, actually makes no difference to me because we aren’t in it, it’s irrelevant now. But from a neutral point of view, PSG will go in as massive under dogs now, they will be playing a team who are still going to be playing domestically. How does the tie even take place? How is it fair for PSG to have to play a game at the oppositions stadium and another in a neutral country?

Seems to me that the Champions League and Europa will be losing a lot of integrity if they were to continue with them due to some teams having a massive advantage over others. There’s every chance at the moment that the only teams that are still playing domestically will be the Germans and possibly the Italians.

Interested to see how this ones going to pan out.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #1371: May 10, 2020 04:17:27 am
      I've always thought the CL and Europa have the biggest chance of being scrapped altogether and now the Gvmt have put in place a two week quarantine for anyone entering the country so doesn't that pretty much exclude English clubs?
      Until there's a vaccine I'm not sure that we'll have any European football, I wouldn't be surprised if the CL doesn't happen next season? Hope I'm wrong like.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1372: May 10, 2020 05:36:19 am
      Depends how long they’ve been out injured. If they’ve been out for a while I can’t see them playing much part still because the work they would have hoped to be doing in order to regain fitness and sharpness has been incredibly limited. They might play the odd game but the likes of Brookes who’ve been out for the season, Rashford who was going to be a doubt for the Euro’s, I can’t see getting much more game time.

Only need to look at Ox last season. Was back in training around early March I think it was but we barely saw anything of him. Different injury of course but those who’ve been out for a while, with their recovery being hampered, there will likely be set backs.

Kane be playing every minute.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1373: May 10, 2020 11:04:31 am
      Coronavirus: Third Brighton player tests positive - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52605961

Interesting that one of the club's most against any proposals for getting football back running again has three unnamed players positive for Covid 19.

Am I reading too much into this?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1374: May 10, 2020 11:11:52 am
      Coronavirus: Third Brighton player tests positive - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52605961

Interesting that one of the club's most against any proposals for getting football back running again has three unnamed players positive for Covid 19.

Nothing to see here Si.. just a shithouse move from named club..
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #1375: May 10, 2020 11:14:07 am

You're probably like me a doubting Thomas... , I've got everything crossed for Brighton to get relegated now tbh . All these teams need to be careful, it's the big clubs that attract the TV money for the PL, the big clubs across Europe could one day breakaway to form their own league, who'd give a sh*t about Brighton or the PL then?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #1376: May 10, 2020 11:56:24 am
      One thing for sure, no one would miss Brighton !
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #1377: May 10, 2020 11:57:57 am
      So the bottom six will allegedly agree to neutral grounds if they get rid of relegation, integrity my arse

Perhaps all six of them should be relegated !
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #1378: May 10, 2020 12:08:17 pm

They wouldn't be able to get back on the pitch quick enough if that happened.. They are full of s##t, at least the Watford chairman has been honest enough to admit it's complete self interest. I don't care if they say no relegation as long as we get to win but if this happens and next season if six go down hopefully it'll be Brighton, Watford, West Ham, Norwich, Villa and Everton..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1379: May 10, 2020 02:09:54 pm
      The longer it goes and with the amount of opposition from the bottom 6 to any of the proposals the more I see them using PPG and declaring.

Quick Reply