Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 166404 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #1771: Jun 09, 2020 09:02:36 pm
      Are Everton going to remove that statue they play in goal every week?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1772: Jun 09, 2020 09:45:57 pm

A statue at least has a chance of stopping a shot.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1773: Jun 10, 2020 10:40:11 am
      Derby now confirmed to be going ahead at Goodison
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1774: Jun 12, 2020 09:26:00 am
      LFC REDS

The biggest social bubble in football.

( F**k you West Ham ....F**k you Karren Brady  ......F**k You Fairy Liquid )
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1775: Jun 12, 2020 11:36:19 am
      LFC REDS

What you got against bubbles Skip 😁 ?

WHU bubbles, I get that, Brady living within her bubble fairymuff, I sort of get that too, but Fairy Liquid, seems a bit wishy Washy for me, very soft (hands) la, very soft 🤪.

Y  N  W  A

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1776: Jun 12, 2020 01:19:00 pm
      LFC REDS

What did she do/say?
      JamesWurr
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1777: Jun 12, 2020 04:52:44 pm
      I'm currently writing my Master's Dissertation on the Premier League's Project Restart. Would be really appreciated if any fellow Reds fans could fill out my survey. Will only take 10 minutes. Thanks!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PremierLeagueProjectRestart11
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1778: Jun 12, 2020 07:17:05 pm
      I'm currently writing my Master's Dissertation on the Premier League's Project Restart. Would be really appreciated if any fellow Reds fans could fill out my survey. Will only take 10 minutes. Thanks!

Done

Y  N  W  A
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1779: Jun 12, 2020 11:38:41 pm

Married Paul the Pedalo.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #1780: Jun 13, 2020 06:42:51 am

Done
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1781: Jun 13, 2020 09:02:52 am

Done, best of luck with the Dissertation, will you please share your findings/conclusions with us. I imagine the responses from fans of relegation threatened teams will be quite different than ours ;-)
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1782: Jun 13, 2020 10:50:47 am
      Unfortunately you are absolutely right. Chelsea is going to benefit from this. And likely Man City because their owners don’t really care about tossing in their own cash. We will need Klopp magic more than ever since I doubt we will be doing much in the transfer market.

Just a thought. clubs haven’t been earning any money during lockdown and are facing massive holes in their finances. So anyone (Citeh Chelski) splashing massive amounts of cash in the next transfer can only have got it from one place, their owners. Isn’t that against FFP rules?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1783: Jun 13, 2020 11:00:48 am
      Just a thought. clubs haven’t been earning any money during lockdown and are facing massive holes in their finances. So anyone (Citeh Chelski) splashing massive amounts of cash in the next transfer can only have got it from one place, their owners. Isn’t that against FFP rules?

Well Chelsea supposedly had money from not spending during their ban and from the Hazard sale. Also, I thought I read somewhere that FFP was going to be basically  “overlooked” during this period as clubs struggle to comply due to massive losses.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1784: Jun 13, 2020 11:39:32 am
      Well Chelsea supposedly had money from not spending during their ban and from the Hazard sale. Also, I thought I read somewhere that FFP was going to be basically  “overlooked” during this period as clubs struggle to comply due to massive losses.

How much did we spend last transfer window after having won the CL? Any money they had saved up should have been swallowed up by the Corona crisis same as all other clubs. Overlooking FFP during this time would be absurd, it would be grossly unfair on all teams not bank rolled by Billionaires and would make the whole point of FFP meaningless.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1785: Jun 13, 2020 03:09:00 pm
      Uefa planning to finish Champions League and Europa League as single-tie tournaments played in one location over 10 days in October.

Lisbon the likely place for European Cup matches. Makes sense to clear out the remaining fixtures and then begin the 20-21 group stage in October. All the qualifying rounds from the smaller nations  can be completed in August and September.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1786: Jun 13, 2020 03:47:23 pm
      Uefa planning to finish Champions League and Europa League as single-tie tournaments played in one location over 10 days in October.

Lisbon the likely place for European Cup matches. Makes sense to clear out the remaining fixtures and then begin the 20-21 group stage in October. All the qualifying rounds from the smaller nations  can be completed in August and September.

Null and void it I say ;D
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #1787: Jun 14, 2020 06:54:24 am

Tweet from @beINSPORTS_EN: A Norwich City player is one of TWO people to have tested positive for coronavirus in the latest round of Premier League testing. 

#beINPL
      https://www.beinsports.com/en/premier-league/news/norwich-confirm-one-positive-covid-19-test/1483623

How will be with cases like this? Norwich played United last night or day before.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1788: Jun 14, 2020 07:25:47 am

Spurs may benefit from players coming back from injury but I'm not sure about long term because they borrowed ÂŁ175m off the bank of England last week and that was just to cover events they aren't going to be allowed to put on in their new shiny stadium so they may struggle transfer wise.

Daniel Levy's and Maureen's paychecks.

:roll:

(Talking of Levy .... anyone remember his face when we stuffed them 0-5 in what was to be AVB's last game in charge ?  Horror.  ;D
      Ironically AVB had the best PL % win ratio for the Spuds as manager.)

« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2020 07:34:43 am by MIRO »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1789: Jun 14, 2020 08:27:15 am
      How will be with cases like this? Norwich played United last night or day before.

If we do the same as Germany then its not an issue, that player isolates and every other player keeps getting tested.
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #1790: Jun 14, 2020 01:49:12 pm
      There's a vacant spot available in Bristol, I gather.
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #1791: Jun 14, 2020 01:52:48 pm
      If the clubs are giving money back to Sky and BT are they then not getting paid for these final 9 games, what the hell kind of deal is this?
      It's called "The outlays are still going out, but the cash has stopped coming in." Everyone's concerned about going broke.
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #1792: Jun 14, 2020 02:00:23 pm
      Unfortunately you are absolutely right. Chelsea is going to benefit from this. And likely Man City because their owners don’t really care about tossing in their own cash. We will need Klopp magic more than ever since I doubt we will be doing much in the transfer market.
      There is an interesting article in today's Liverpool Echo on that subject. Chelsea's payment for Hazard was apparently deferred, but is now due. They expect to recoup on outgoing sales of Willian, et al, (though their value will surely be depressed in this market). Also they were banned from spending in the last window or two due to irregularities, so they have banked some cash. That said, the conclusion was that they are doing risky business.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1793: Jun 14, 2020 02:38:20 pm

Scrap the league, F**k off any planned title celebrations and stay on number 18 forever.

What else should we do?

Quick Reply