Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 166267 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #1817: Aug 02, 2020 12:24:14 pm
      What spike, where's the data of a spike? There is a tiny uptick in cases.

The spike in cases in the north!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1818: Aug 03, 2020 09:26:48 am

is there, it must be falling equally fast in the South then because the overall number of cases is fairly static.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1819: Aug 03, 2020 04:30:03 pm
      is there, it must be falling equally fast in the South then because the overall number of cases is fairly static.

Yeah Lancashire and Greater Manchester mostly although believe Princes Rd area has been hit too
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: Positive case in LFC training camp
      Reply #1820: Aug 18, 2020 01:47:37 pm
      Can't believe they are still insisting that Liverpool fans do not celebrate, yet they continue to allow other large public gatherings.

In the US, you are ok to gather as long as it's a protest or riot. Anything else is frowned upon ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1821: Aug 25, 2020 02:06:38 pm
      30% capacity to be trialed for the Super Cup in late September, would potentially allow up to 20,000 supporters inside the stadium
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1822: Aug 25, 2020 02:14:17 pm
      30% capacity to be trialed for the Super Cup in late September, would potentially allow up to 20,000 supporters inside the stadium

Wonder who the 30% will be made up from
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1823: Aug 25, 2020 02:19:07 pm
      Wonder who the 30% will be made up from

Probably about 29.7% corporate freebies knowing Uefa 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1824: Sep 03, 2020 06:06:28 pm
      Echo claiming Sheff Utd will be first game back for fans, although ground will have reduced capacity of 12,000.

This season - No credits, no seasies, no auto cup scheme. Tickets sold on a game by game basis
      « Last Edit: Sep 03, 2020 06:25:53 pm by HUYTON RED »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1825: Sep 03, 2020 06:22:29 pm
      Echo claiming Sheff Utd will be first game back for fans, although ground will have reduced capacity of 12,000.

Reading about that then. Apparently STH will just pay by game and none of the matches will count as a credit on your members card. Presume the plan will just be to base eligibility for 21/22 off the credits from 19/20
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1826: Sep 03, 2020 10:14:42 pm

This season - No credits, no seasies, no auto cup scheme. Tickets sold on a game by game basis

Still bigger than what Bournemouth we’re having in a sell out last season isn’t it? Not sure how that’s relevant but I just thought of it.

But fans back in the stadium will be good revenue coming into the club from that side of things again. Don’t be surprised if tickets are more expensive though.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1827: Sep 03, 2020 10:18:01 pm
      Don’t be surprised if tickets are more expensive though.

Will be another utter disgrace if they are
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1828: Sep 03, 2020 10:20:07 pm
      Will be another utter disgrace if they are

We will find out soon enough.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1829: Sep 03, 2020 10:24:17 pm

Be yet another massive pr disaster if they do that

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1830: Sep 04, 2020 03:37:11 am
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/03/tottenham-hope-to-host-test-event-in-front-of-31000-supporters

Thought this was interesting. Not sure what the "test event would be, exactly." You have to have something going on to get 31,000 people to show up.

I bet we could do that test event and just have a trophy parade and an intrasquad scrimmage and we'd fill half of Anfield no trouble at all.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1831: Sep 04, 2020 08:47:45 am
      Don’t be surprised if tickets are more expensive though.

Certainly hope they aren't. As Kopite78 said, it'd be another PR disaster for the club and one they'd probably end up having to U-turn on again. I've no doubt they'd like to increase prices but hopefully they're aware of the backlash they'd get and decide against it.

Wonder what it'll do for the touting market though. Obviously with far fewer tickets you're going to get increased demand, but with travel restrictions, quarantines & the likes that will take a lot of overseas supporters out of the picture, who make up a large percentage of the customer base
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1832: Sep 04, 2020 01:10:24 pm
      More than likely there will be some restrictions on tickets based on where you live as well.  Going to be some strange logic if you can't have away fans but can have home fans coming from all over the country and possibly even overseas!

Fingers crossed normality returns at some point before the end of this year because I'm not sure how enjoyable going to watch a game at a 20% full Anfield would be?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1833: Sep 04, 2020 02:05:17 pm
      More than likely there will be some restrictions on tickets based on where you live as well.  Going to be some strange logic if you can't have away fans but can have home fans coming from all over the country and possibly even overseas!

Fingers crossed normality returns at some point before the end of this year because I'm not sure how enjoyable going to watch a game at a 20% full Anfield would be?

I would hope they give preference to local fans first and foremost.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1834: Sep 04, 2020 02:16:54 pm

I was at a 50% full Anfield for the League Cup game against Northampton during Hodgson's reign and it wasn't a very enjoyable experience... Although that might have more to do with the fact that they knocked us out ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #1835: Sep 04, 2020 02:23:21 pm
      I was at a 50% full Anfield for the League Cup game against Northampton during Hodgson's reign and it wasn't a very enjoyable experience... Although that might have more to do with the fact that they knocked us out ;D

Ha

I was there that night too, it was the first game after my first lad was born and I brought him his first kit before the game, sat in the old main watching Jovanovic fall over his own feet and the F***ing owl on the sideline wondering what the F**k am i doing to the poor lad
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1836: Sep 04, 2020 03:08:01 pm

Add to that the fact we had Woy and a bad team. Generally a horrible time for the club.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1837: Sep 04, 2020 03:13:13 pm
      Ha

I was there that night too, it was the first game after my first lad was born and I brought him his first kit before the game, sat in the old main watching Jovanovic fall over his own feet and the f**king owl on the sideline wondering what the f**k am i doing to the poor lad

Funny you say that because I distinctly remember the dad & lad sat near us, by the time ET had came around the poor kid was literally lying over 2 empty seats next to him close to nodding off! :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1838: Sep 04, 2020 05:44:17 pm

Auxerre in 92/92 season with around 24,000 was boss tbf.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1839: Sep 04, 2020 05:53:57 pm
      Auxerre in 92/92 season with around 24,000 was boss tbf.

Went to that with my grandad

November 91 if I remember right we had early and late goals in the game which always help the atmosphere,  Molby and Walters if i remember rightly ,Mike Marsh with the other

Have a vague recollection of a really weird kick off time of it as well

Edit
      Also it was really really windy that night

« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2020 06:00:36 pm by Kopite78 »

Quick Reply