Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 166268 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #1863: Oct 10, 2020 09:40:12 am
      14.95 is  genuinely hilarious.

F**k off.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1864: Oct 10, 2020 11:28:20 am
      Am I right in thinking that the Ppv games are just for the games that normally wouldn’t be televised?

So if sky or bt aren’t showing one of our games we can buy it for 14.99?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1865: Oct 10, 2020 11:52:25 am
      Am I right in thinking that the Ppv games are just for the games that normally wouldn’t be televised?

So if sky or bt aren’t showing one of our games we can buy it for 14.99?

Yep so Everton game free as per subscription  tjink Sheffield Utd is the first one would have to pay for . Would imagine we would get away with it compared to the smaller clubs as we will naturally be on more so less PPV can pretty much say I won't be paying though above and beyond what I already fork out to Virgin
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1866: Oct 10, 2020 01:52:58 pm
      Interesting to see how the first crowds at international games allowed under the new regulations, have behaved.

Everyone wore facemasks during the games. Consequently, there was no singing, no chanting, no complaints at the players, no protesting at the officials decisions, no jumping around when goals were scored, more a gentle round of applause, and obviously no atmosphere.

I think some people are under the impression when crowds are allowed back into league games, that everything will return to normal. In reality, it could cause more issues than it solves.

Sounds like our preseason game at Salzburg. It was nice for those supporters to be able to view a game of football in person, but there was no atmosphere per se. It was more like the theatre.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1867: Oct 10, 2020 02:04:23 pm
      Yep so Everton game free as per subscription  tjink Sheffield Utd is the first one would have to pay for . Would imagine we would get away with it compared to the smaller clubs as we will naturally be on more so less PPV can pretty much say I won't be paying though above and beyond what I already fork out to Virgin

I see.

Yeah I agree we will probably be luckier than some other clubs then.

£14.99 seems a bit much to watch a one off game in your own home but on the flip side, at least it gives fans an option to see their team play if the match wasn’t scheduled to be on the telly.

I understand both sides of the argument here. Footballs a business at the end of the day and can’t screen games for free but it still feels like they’re taking the piss out of fans and taking them for granted.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1868: Oct 10, 2020 08:04:56 pm
      I see.

Yeah I agree we will probably be luckier than some other clubs then.

£14.99 seems a bit much to watch a one off game in your own home but on the flip side, at least it gives fans an option to see their team play if the match wasn’t scheduled to be on the telly.

I understand both sides of the argument here. Footballs a business at the end of the day and can’t screen games for free but it still feels like they’re taking the piss out of fans and taking them for granted.

Nothing to understand its greed and I hope people arent stupid enough to do it.

14.95 an outrageous sum of money for a 3 point match against some mid div team.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1869: Oct 13, 2020 09:09:57 pm
      Another reminder just now about how this thing takes away from the experience. Switzerland and Germany playing a thrilling match (3-3 in the 68th minute) and the stadium in Cologne sounds like an absolute morgue. When there's a set piece you can hear the hum of the stadium lights and nothing else.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1870: Oct 16, 2020 12:52:10 pm
      Wasnt sure where to put this but here looks as good a place as any

Was just listening to an interview with Eddie Hearn the boxing promoter who has recently test positive for Covid, he just said that they were working on the rules to see when he can get back to fight camps and boxing shows after having it
      He went on to say Premier League rules state that because you would have dead cells from the disease in your system but wouldnt be classed as contagious after the 14 days that if a PL player tests positive as long as he isolates for 14 days he wont be tested for another 90 days

So any positives we have had we know - unless they get symptoms again I guess- that they will now not miss games through Covid for at least the next 3 months
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1871: Oct 16, 2020 01:02:37 pm

14.95 an outrageous sum of money for a 3 point match against some mid div team.

So don’t pay it and don’t watch it. No one forcing you to do anything. It’s a game that wasn’t going to be televised anywhere so if you aren’t able to get to the ground to see it or can’t afford to, then I guess this is an an alternative. Kind of silly to bi*ch about the price of watching a game that you wouldn’t have been able to watch to begin with. 

Kopite78
      Reply #1872: Oct 16, 2020 01:46:55 pm
      So don’t pay it and don’t watch it. No one forcing you to do anything. It’s a game that wasn’t going to be televised anywhere so if you aren’t able to get to the ground to see it or can’t afford to, then I guess this is an an alternative. Kind of silly to bi*ch about the price of watching a game that you wouldn’t have been able to watch to begin with.

Free streams 🤷‍♂️
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1873: Oct 16, 2020 03:48:54 pm
      Wasnt sure where to put this but here looks as good a place as any

Was just listening to an interview with Eddie Hearn the boxing promoter who has recently test positive for Covid, he just said that they were working on the rules to see when he can get back to fight camps and boxing shows after having it
      He went on to say Premier League rules state that because you would have dead cells from the disease in your system but wouldnt be classed as contagious after the 14 days that if a PL player tests positive as long as he isolates for 14 days he wont be tested for another 90 days

So any positives we have had we know - unless they get symptoms again I guess- that they will now not miss games through Covid for at least the next 3 months

Is that what the league or the FA or whoever is saying?  There was a big study over here and the New York Times published an article about how most positive cases (over 90 percent) are detecting a level of virus present in the person's system that is never going to cause any issue with that person or anybody else - and yet all positive cases get treat the same as far as quaranting or whatever.

What you are describing from the boxing guy sounds similar to what happened to Shaq where it showed a presence that probably was coming from him having it earlier in the summer. A few days later he was playing in a match for Switzerland and yesterday in training for us.

Not sure but it seems like there is some question from Naby, who had a positive and then a negative with Guinea, but unlike the others is NOT available for Sunday and it's being described as "a fitness issue" which sounds similar to how they were talking about Thiago and Sadio before it was announced they were positive.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1874: Oct 17, 2020 05:22:28 pm
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1875: Oct 19, 2020 08:28:01 am
      I thought this but wasn’t the United game the other night on PPV? Surely an 8pm kick off on Saturday night would normally be shown on Sky/BT, same with the Leicester game last night.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1876: Oct 19, 2020 02:07:50 pm
      I thought this but wasn’t the United game the other night on PPV? Surely an 8pm kick off on Saturday night would normally be shown on Sky/BT, same with the Leicester game last night.

Yes I.meant our first game not in general pretty sure our next game is PPV
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1877: Oct 19, 2020 02:53:13 pm
      Yes I.meant our first game not in general pretty sure our next game is PPV
      Yeah but I meant in general about the idea that only games not to be televised would be PPV. I had seen that you had replied yes to the poster that asked the question so was just quoting you.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1878: Oct 19, 2020 05:35:54 pm
      Yeah but I meant in general about the idea that only games not to be televised would be PPV. I had seen that you had replied yes to the poster that asked the question so was just quoting you.

I've slept since then but yes all games not on list as to be Televised would be able to be watched but only PPV
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1879: Oct 19, 2020 06:31:41 pm

Except we were watching every game weren't we?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1880: Oct 19, 2020 08:18:01 pm
      Except we were watching every game weren't we?

No, I don’t believe so. The way I understand it, people are only paying for games that wouldn’t have been televised otherwise? Is that not correct? Has every single game always been televised?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1881: Oct 20, 2020 05:01:35 pm

Can you still bi*ch about the price and still watch it illegally, which is what 99% of Liverpool will be doing?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1882: Oct 20, 2020 05:02:50 pm
      No, I don’t believe so. The way I understand it, people are only paying for games that wouldn’t have been televised otherwise? Is that not correct? Has every single game always been televised?

The games they were already showing for free under lockdown you mean.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1883: Oct 20, 2020 05:21:27 pm
      This was the rumour but the United game on Saturday was PPV. That game was 8pm uk time and I can’t imagine why that would have not already been televised. Think they make it up as they go along.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1884: Nov 04, 2020 06:02:40 pm
      Just stumbled on to a webcast of Zenit St. Petersburg vs. Lazio in the Champions League. Probably wouldn't watch it normally but the stadium in Russia is mostly full, supporters in full voice, doing the bouncy - brilliant atmosphere.

Pepe Reina and Dejan Lovren are both featuring (is Lucas still with Lazio? Must be injured), but I'm literally watching to enjoy the crowd.

EDIT: *SIGH* - Lucas failed a CoVid test. That's why he's out. Just when I think I've found some happy refuge from this plague....
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1885: Nov 23, 2020 03:08:56 pm
      Rumours Boris is going to allow upto 4000 to attend outdoor events where the area is in the low risk covid areas, so will that mean certain clubs can have fans where those in a high risk can have none ?

Quick Reply