Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 166335 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #1932: Jan 02, 2021 12:30:37 am
      Rumours Walker had a party were 19 premier players were present and a fair few have tester positive, wonder what's outcome of this will be

Shoot the daft c**t
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1933: Jan 02, 2021 01:00:39 am
      Rumours Walker had a party were 19 premier players were present and a fair few have tester positive, wonder what's outcome of this will be

We shouldn’t deal in rumors, as punchable as he is, there should be proof before anyone indicts him of anything.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1934: Jan 02, 2021 01:48:10 pm

Is this something new, or is it reference to the one he got
      Found out about pre Christmas ?

If it’s new, he wants a F***ing rocket up him. But I’ll hold judgement till all is clear !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1935: Jan 02, 2021 01:54:15 pm

Is this something new, or is it reference to the one he got
      Found out about pre Christmas ?

If it’s new, he wants a F***ing rocket up him. But I’ll hold judgement till all is clear !

No the one pre Christmas was during the original lockdown, when him and two brasses had a private party at his house. This is supposed to be a do laid on by him and attended by other Prem players.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1936: Jan 04, 2021 07:10:49 pm
      Do we think the new national lockdown that’s likely coming in from midnight could affect the football?
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1937: Jan 04, 2021 07:19:50 pm
      Do we think the new national lockdown that’s likely coming in from midnight could affect the football?
      Personally I don’t think so,although there has been a fair few incidents lately across all sports so who knows.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1938: Jan 04, 2021 07:20:54 pm
      Personally I don’t think so,although there has been a fair few incidents lately across all sports so who knows.

Incidents brought on themselves in the main by acting as if they are above every f**ker else
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1939: Jan 09, 2021 09:43:15 am
      Anybody else getting the feeling that it won't be long now before football is stopped for a few months?

1.5k deaths a day and that number will only keep rising.

More and more squads reporting higher levels of cases with games being called off or severely compromise. That game yesterday was just about Villa fulfilling a fixture rather than holding any particular sporting merit.

Spurs have had 3 games postponed now due to their opponenets having a covid outbreak.

It all seems like the beginning of many more bumps in the road over the next few months if we continue to play.

Seems to me a case of enjoy the games while you can because it looks inevitable a break is coming.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1940: Jan 09, 2021 09:47:44 am
      Anybody else getting the feeling that it won't be long now before football is stopped for a few months?

More and more squads reporting higher levels of cases with games being called off or severely compromise. That game yesterday was just about Villa fulfilling a fixture rather than holding any particular sporting merit.

Spurs have had 3 games postponed now due to their opponenets having a covid outbreak.

It all seems like the beginning of many more bumps in the road over the next few months if we continue to play.

Seems to me a case of enjoy the games while you can because it looks inevitable a break is coming.

It could happen mate. To be honest the new 'lockdown' will struggle to have the impact they think it will due to the amount of people now seen as 'keyworkers'.

If cases keep at this level the football will come under pressure to stop for a while even if it is more for how it looks than actually helping stop any spread.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1941: Jan 09, 2021 09:51:34 am
      It could happen mate. To be honest the new 'lockdown' will struggle to have the impact they think it will due to the amount of people now seen as 'keyworkers'.

If cases keep at this level the football will come under pressure to stop for a while even if it is more for how it looks than actually helping stop any spread.

Yep I work in asda and we all got letters saying if we have children we send them to school because we are critical workers. That included colleagues working on George and in the Cafe for takeaways. That is not critical and just supermarkets being allowed to take the pass IMO.

My mum has a class of 16 down from a class of 24. So 2/3s of her class' parents are seen as critical.

Cant be right.

I work on the bakery so bread is fair enough and im happy I can keep working full pay and full hours. Most of my job is sweet stuff like donuts, cookies, they're pushing hot cross buns in their sh*t load already.

In my opinion the landscape across the country should be essential stuff with a few little home comforts. Our place just carrying on like nothing is happening, catering to the casual basket shopper.

Anyway back to the football haha ⚽️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1942: Jan 09, 2021 01:33:55 pm

Surprised it hasn’t been stopped already l but I’m wondering if this is looked at as something that is essential to the economy and also people’s mental well being so they are trying their best to keep it going?

I mean if you look at it just by case numbers it’s odd that the season was halted before when numbers where much lower than they are now. It’s weird how perspectives have changed.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1943: Jan 09, 2021 02:01:12 pm
      Think they should look at pausing the season for a couple of weeks to a month. Looking at it solely from a sporting point of view I'd say it's only fair given the amount of outbreaks teams are having and will continue to have whilst the numbers are as high as they are.

Also think that if the campaign is extended until maybe June / July like it was last year then we could be able to see (touch wood) a decent number of spectators returning to catch the business end of the season, as it would buy some extra time for more people to get vaccinated. No matter what anybody says about recent results we're still right in this title race and I'm still confident of us retaining it, so the more people that are able to potentially witness us doing so the better.

Was gutted when football was first paused in March last year, but I wouldn't miss the current version of "football" too much. Given the outbreaks, empty stadiums, insecurity and match postponements.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1944: Jan 09, 2021 08:45:55 pm
      Think they should look at pausing the season for a couple of weeks to a month. Looking at it solely from a sporting point of view I'd say it's only fair given the amount of outbreaks teams are having and will continue to have whilst the numbers are as high as they are.

Also think that if the campaign is extended until maybe June / July like it was last year then we could be able to see (touch wood) a decent number of spectators returning to catch the business end of the season, as it would buy some extra time for more people to get vaccinated. No matter what anybody says about recent results we're still right in this title race and I'm still confident of us retaining it, so the more people that are able to potentially witness us doing so the better.

Was gutted when football was first paused in March last year, but I wouldn't miss the current version of "football" too much. Given the outbreaks, empty stadiums, insecurity and match postponements.

If the international Euros wasn’t on in the summer I would agree with you. But they won’t cancel that.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1945: Jan 09, 2021 09:16:27 pm
      So mothers working in Sainsburys become essential workers. The husbands/boyfriends who have lived on benefits all their working life, are getting part time jobs in B&M or Wilko's and similar places, just so they don't have to look after their own bloody kids.They become essential, and the kids go to school!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1946: Jan 09, 2021 09:53:48 pm
      If the international Euros wasn’t on in the summer I would agree with you. But they won’t cancel that.

Possibly mate but I wouldn't put it past them postponing it until 2023 (or even maybe summer 2022 with the world cup being played in the winter). I think with the money involved in club football, the international side of the game will always have to play second fiddle
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #1947: Jan 09, 2021 09:55:52 pm
      So mothers working in Sainsburys become essential workers. The husbands/boyfriends who have lived on benefits all their working life, are getting part time jobs in B&M or Wilko's and similar places, just so they don't have to look after their own bloody kids.They become essential, and the kids go to school!

F***ing hell is this a football thread or the comments section of a Daily Mail article?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1948: Jan 10, 2021 12:14:45 am
      Sensible thing would be to postpone or cancel the Euros and have a four week break now but no way that UEFA or the major European leagues would all come together to agree on something logical like that.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1949: Jan 10, 2021 09:46:19 am

Did you mean to post this here, or was it meant for Facebook?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1950: Jan 10, 2021 12:43:13 pm

F***ing hell lad!!
      redclocker
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42 posts |
      Reply #1951: Jan 10, 2021 02:21:17 pm
      But they did postpone Euro's, should have been last summer, they can do it again, FIFA & EUFA hate each other anyway.

quote author=TameImpala link=topic=51497.msg2357194#msg2357194 date=1610229228]
      Possibly mate but I wouldn't put it past them postponing it until 2023 (or even maybe summer 2022 with the world cup being played in the winter). I think with the money involved in club football, the international side of the game will always have to play second fiddle
      [/quote]
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1952: Jan 10, 2021 04:00:40 pm

Hahaha some proper Karen style ranting that!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1953: Jan 11, 2021 02:04:36 pm
      Hahaha some proper Karen style ranting that!

what is a Karen??
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1954: Jan 11, 2021 04:07:24 pm
      Despite all the testing, and the 'bubble', they're as equally affected it seems as the general population.

Quick Reply