Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Coronavirus effect on football

Read 166313 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Coronavirus effect on football
      Reply #1978: Mar 24, 2021 12:29:44 am
      Yeah I never understood the 2.000 rule myself,as you say you could have easily had another 500  in the anny road and maybe another 500 in the centenary & main stand,if they had  concerns over social distancing  then they could have staggered the leaving of the fans which they already do on normal match days anyway.

Think its the queue outside the chippy after that knackered it.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1979: Apr 28, 2021 07:09:02 pm
      Leagues update:

Holland: Home Fans back. No masks required to attend, or worn. 

Spain: Home fans back from May 8. 5,000 capacity in each stadium bar Real Madrid, for social distancing reasons.

England: Home fans back for last 2 games of the season.

Rest of Europe: Closed to the public.

Euros update:

All original host nations to allow fans with restricted capacities, bar Ireland which has told UEFA that it's the land of nyet these days, rather than the land of 100k welcomes. Poland Slovakia and Sweden fans attending the tournament have to try and get from St. Petersburg to Seville and back again.

Euro 2020, "the tournament for fans". Or so they said.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1980: Jul 13, 2021 08:37:25 pm
      Just seen something on the Echo website that the Premier League are advising clubs to retain existing safety zones, which I imagine will be around the technical area. So not up to full capacity from start of season.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1981: Jul 13, 2021 10:09:17 pm
      Just seen something on the Echo website that the Premier League are advising clubs to retain existing safety zones, which I imagine will be around the technical area. So not up to full capacity from start of season.

That’s a shame. Personally I can see full capacity being held off until next late spring. If they don’t open fully now they won’t do it when cases rise in a the coming weeks.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1982: Nov 27, 2021 11:44:18 am
      This new African variant could potentially lead us to some bigger issues around the AFCON competition

I don’t see them pulling it but I potentially see longer quarantine periods both at the beginning and end of it

Instead of losing them for two to three games it may well be doubled the games they miss
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1983: Nov 27, 2021 11:51:24 am
      This new African variant could potentially lead us to some bigger issues around the AFCON competition

I don’t see them pulling it but I potentially see longer quarantine periods both at the beginning and end of it

Hadn't considered that.  Good point! 
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1984: Nov 27, 2021 12:30:15 pm

Instead of losing them for two to three games it may well be doubled the games they miss

By then the new variant will be worldwide anyway.

They start to ban travel from southern African countries on the same day it is confirmed that the strain is in Europe. Good one.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1985: Nov 27, 2021 12:53:41 pm

If it gets bad comp could get pulled or the prem clubs will look to pull their players.

Quick Reply