Really not trying to get into any arguments here but you know that's not true, Swab.
F***ing Graeme from HR ay? First the £77 tickets and now this.
250 employees mate.
The top bods look at overview, strategy etc
Lower down, there's other people to look after those 250 people, their hours, employment contracts, admin etc
How many Directors of such a huge organisation do you know who get involved with that stuff?
Worst case is Moore signed off on it, without really thinking it through.
Not trying to excuse anyone here, as far as I'm concerned, they have a collective responsibility, but it's telling that Moore was the one who apologised.
Ticket prices are a different matter entirely.
John Henry isn't sat in Boston thinking about the ground staffs wages, and how to save what amounts to (for him) pennies.
That's all I'm saying.
No excuses, no passing the buck, it's just to me, this isn't a Director level matter.
From experience I know how some junior managers think; "OK, the government pay 80% of their wages, we'll pay the other 20%, everyone's happy."
If Moore signed off on it, that's the f**k up right there.
Yeah, I know I've probably thought about this too much, but it's lockdown and I'm f**king bored.