Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Club Furlough Staff (Now Reversed)

Read 23722 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Re: Club Furlough Staff
      Reply #46: Apr 05, 2020 08:25:51 am
      Can't say I'm surprised with Spurs as we all know what a tight c**t Levy is. Very surprised at Liverpool though. What the f**k goes through these white collar minds?

These owners are on millions of pounds each year and have the audacity to put staff on furlough  :smack:

It's a PR disaster for both clubs and could / should of been better than this.  >:(
      One of the many sad things about this Keith is that furloughing someone grants the individual a maximum payment of £2500 per month a drop in the ocean for some of these players,& I refuse to believe that the club can’t cover that amount of money.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #47: Apr 05, 2020 08:31:06 am
      How on Earth this happened? We know better :(
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #48: Apr 05, 2020 08:33:22 am
      Disgrace. I really LOVE Carra and Hamman coming out with their disappointment on this. I hope former players continue to do so. You cant preach YNWA and than when sh*t goes belly up allow someone else to take care of your problems. Covid is effecting everyone. Were all in this together. However, we can take care of our own, cant we?

Surely with our revenue over the past few seasons, rise in ticket prices, and deep pockets of our owners we can afford to pay workers for a few more months and allow the system to do what its designed to do, take care of those who can't fend for themselves. You cant say our club means more then follow suit with a bunch of other clubs.

Is this a good business decision? Probably! However, saving millions shouldn't override everything you say your club is instilled upon.
      Greed, pure and simple by owners and boards including the Premier League itself. I hope LFC reconsider this as its  moralistically wrong on every level. 
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #49: Apr 05, 2020 08:34:39 am
      More will follow believe that
      Kopite78
      Reply #50: Apr 05, 2020 09:34:35 am
      Disappointing to say the least

For all the recent success these owners have unfortunately shown their true colours again.. They have shown again that they dont understand or care about the fundamentals of this football club, its history or where it is from

Success is unbelievable of course and what we all want but being Liverpool, I'm sorry theres more to it.. And all this whilst throwing sh*te around like "this means more" which is nothing more than a marketing strap line it seems to make us believe that they get our fundamental believes

Disappointing
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #51: Apr 05, 2020 09:51:52 am
      Makes a mockery of 'we are liverpool this means more'

I hope the players and owners contribute to putting this right.

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #52: Apr 05, 2020 09:55:13 am
      Disappointed. 

Having said all that though it's something being used by a lot of big big businesses.  The only thing I can say in Liverpool's defence is that with recording a profit the last two years (and lets face it lots of clubs cook their books) at least they have paid millions in corporation tax.

I hope that Liverpool redistribute the money offset by the government furlough scheme to local communities.  That would be the best way forward IMO.

Not a good look at all from the club - it's amazing how long it takes to build up goodwill and how quickly a PR mistake can erode it.

Government should have made the laws on all of this much tighter.  For instance, how can the likes of Easyjet distribute £170M in dividends and then the next week take government money for their staff?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #53: Apr 05, 2020 10:04:17 am
      Imagine if Klopp walked away from the club after this.

Listening to Klopp in the past, he's all about solidarity and bonding together for the betterment of everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if he's having some serious thoughts about what's going on at the club and if he wants to be associated with all of this. 

For me, I'm ashamed and disgusted and a little shocked. I said at the beginning of this season that I'm falling out of love with football, and I genuinely think this might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Right now, if football never came back I wouldn't care too much.

And all this in the season we were are going to win the league title after a 30-year wait? It's too much to take for me. I cannot believe what has happened this season. It's surreal. I half expect to wake up and find it's all a weird dream. But it isn't.

People can say it's the owners, not the club, it's the owners, not the players, it's the owners, not the supporters, but to be honest, it doesn't matter for me. All this has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

In the 43 years, I've been following LFC and football, it has changed - a lot - and not always for the betterment of the game. LFC will always be my club but football may not be a part of my life anymore. Too much money, too much greed. There's a knock-on effect to all of this, how many might cancel their sky/bt subscriptions for a start, how many might cancel their season tickets? Just saying there are ripples to all of this and I'm not sure where it will lead.

/ramble off.

EDIT: The part where I mentioned "And all this in the season we were are going to win the league title after a 30-year wait?" sounds a bit insensitive and selfish of me when you consider those dying of Covid19. I just want to clarify it wasn't my intent to belittle what's going on with the virus, the intent was to impart how crazy this season has been what with everything that's going on. If football had to be erased from everyone's memories in order to save one life, I would comply in a second.

Keep safe and stay safe my friends. YNWA.
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2020 10:46:05 am by Rush »
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #54: Apr 05, 2020 10:06:02 am
      A genuinely shameful time to be associated with the club.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #55: Apr 05, 2020 10:28:16 am
      Some on the Liverpool subreddit are sending emails via this form - https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/kb/articles/contact-us-email-us
      Kopite78
      Reply #56: Apr 05, 2020 10:38:05 am

I wouldn't blame him
      In fact I'd encourage it
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #57: Apr 05, 2020 11:04:53 am
      Should have have been the season we were all so proud with the wait for the title wait being over. Instead we will finish the season ashamed, embarrassed and disappointed at the way the club has acted.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #58: Apr 05, 2020 11:09:10 am

I kid you not it wouldn't surprise if Klopp paid for it out of his own pocket and at the same time encouraged his players also to contribute of sorts. Wouldn't go down well with the fat cats from the club but be very interesting to see if a anonymous contributor  puts their £££ forward.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #59: Apr 05, 2020 11:18:15 am
      I kid you not it wouldn't surprise if Klopp paid for it out of his own pocket and at the same time encouraged his players also to contribute of sorts. Wouldn't go down well with the fat cats from the club but be very interesting to see if a anonymous contributor  puts their £££ forward.
      What's United's stance on this Keith, have they gone down the same route?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #60: Apr 05, 2020 11:38:02 am
      Think the Government were to quick and gave clubs, companies a generous way out. 50% might've been fairer. Tappered towards the 80% but only if companies show they have limitted cash reserves.

The burden has been put on the taxpayer.

Cutting players wages would've obviously helped clubs carry on paying none football staff. Cutting players wage by 30% will benefit the owners if the money stays in their account.

My view is anybody on above £500,000 a year should all put at least 10% into the "fight the virus" fund..or something similar..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #61: Apr 05, 2020 11:40:51 am
      Woke up this morning still gutted we've done this.

Our owners have transformed us on the pitch but they really do not understand this club off it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #62: Apr 05, 2020 11:48:21 am

They put together a million £ fund for none playing staff I believe.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #63: Apr 05, 2020 12:00:31 pm
      And who kept on saying what wonderfull owners we have...... bunch of skinflints. And that goes for the players who wont take a pay cut seeing as we will miss out on the tax..... utter cu*ts who will no doubt be singing the NHS praises when delivering there babies
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #64: Apr 05, 2020 12:03:27 pm
      In all honesty a very poor way to treat hard working staff, at the lower end of the pay scale. All employees should be treated equal to say the least !

Told you again and again were owned by skinflints fed up saying it
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #65: Apr 05, 2020 12:05:28 pm
      utter cu*ts who will no doubt be singing the NHS praises when delivering there babies

And helping to save their career when they pick up a serious injury.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #66: Apr 05, 2020 12:11:13 pm
      I'm not out to bash the club or the players. It was announced as a blanket policy. I mean they gave the likes of Sainsbury's and Tesco a business rate holiday. £1m for Sainsbury's...do they need it more than a hardship fund.

I'd like to see a hardship "fight the virus" fund set up. Not necessarily for the NHS but for families etc in real dire hardship. There are so many who will suffer. I mean BBC and other raise millions through "Children in Need" etc so I think something along those lines would help people and people would feel they are doing something to help.

There are crowdfunding set up's..

https://www.globalgiving.org/aboutus/

But something more UK based maybe..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #67: Apr 05, 2020 12:25:38 pm

As of now the only premier league clubs that have followed Liverpool & Spurs are Newcaslle, Norwich & Bournemouth that I know of. Probably more may follow the longer it goes on.

I think Friday's dead line for semi lockdown will tell us more. If Boris continues with lockdown (( which I think he will)) more teams will follow. However, when you think the amount of money the top premier teams make it quite indefensible and will leave sour taste right accross the football community

I believe Henderson is instrumental  in trying to move forward in a more postive light. Pretty sure he could get his fellow team mates to embarrass white collars which at least shows compassion. That way I honestly don't think rival fans would knock the club as a whole, only the owners would then quite rightly get the abuse they deserve.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #68: Apr 05, 2020 12:34:50 pm
      As of now the only premier league clubs that have followed Liverpool & Spurs are Newcaslle, Norwich & Bournemouth that I know of. Probably more may follow the longer it goes on.

I think Friday's dead line for semi lockdown will tell us more. If Boris continues with lockdown (( which I think he will)) more teams will follow. However, when you think the amount of money the top premier teams make it quite indefensible and will leave sour taste right accross the football community

I believe Henderson is instrumental  in trying to move forward in a more postive light. Pretty sure he could get his fellow team mates to embarrass white collars which at least shows compassion. That way I honestly don't think rival fans would knock the club as a whole, only the owners would then quite rightly get the abuse they deserve.

Well informed reply, and well said.

Cheers Keith.
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2020 12:45:30 pm by Rush »

Quick Reply