Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Club Furlough Staff (Now Reversed)

Read 23713 times
      Micks2441
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Re: Club Furlough Staff
      Reply #184: Apr 06, 2020 06:44:33 pm
      I think saying I hope we don’t win the league is pathetic , someone cocked this up full stop , they will correct it , to come out with I hope they don’t win the league is laughable , everyone isn’t happy , and will make sure it’s sorted
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #185: Apr 06, 2020 06:45:34 pm
      Good news, and that's what makes this club special. Listen to the people that have put you were you are.

Exactly, bet the fans of other clubs who took the decision haven't said anything and their owners probably wouldn't listen anyway.
      Kopite78
      Reply #186: Apr 06, 2020 06:46:36 pm
      Although it does sound like if this drags out we can kiss any high priced transfers goodbye.

Fine by me, everyone should have to tighten their belts after this..  we should look after our own first

It's what we have been built on
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #187: Apr 06, 2020 06:51:29 pm
      Decision just been reversed according to Sky Sports
      Kopite78
      Reply #188: Apr 06, 2020 07:00:27 pm
      I think saying I hope we don’t win the league is pathetic , someone cocked this up full stop , they will correct it , to come out with I hope they don’t win the league is laughable , everyone isn’t happy , and will make sure it’s sorted

Someone else who doesnt understand the history and principles that this club and city have been built on
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 65 
      Reply #189: Apr 06, 2020 07:02:09 pm
      Thank f*ck for that , they have more likely seen the backlash from the fans and thought “oh sh*t , were not getting away with this one” . I guess you can say that’s the “mistake”they refer to , not the decision they originally made . Well done to all the Liverpool supporters for making it known to the suits that this wasn’t acceptable .
      This club belongs to the people .
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #190: Apr 06, 2020 07:13:20 pm
      Thank god for reason prevailing. Small blemish, the right thing has happened, lets move on and focus on our other priorities.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #191: Apr 06, 2020 07:13:59 pm
      Decision reversed. Not up for saying well done to owners or anything the fact they still tried is farcical. Bottom line is we have greedy bas**rds for owners (they try trade mark everything in sight) but once fans always hold them accountable for their greed they will give in i.e 77 pound tickets and now this.
      SOS among others did great in pressuring the club to reverse decision.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #192: Apr 06, 2020 07:18:00 pm

How many times do they need telling when something isn't right, this Furloughing, ÂŁ77 tickets, copyrighting the Liverbird.

Thank F**k the fans still have a bit of Shankly's spirit to tell the suits when they're wrong!
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #193: Apr 06, 2020 07:19:46 pm
      How many times do they need telling when something isn't right, this Furloughing, ÂŁ77 tickets, copyrighting the Liverbird.

Thank F**k the fans still have a bit of Shankly's spirit to tell the suits when they're wrong!

It only looks like they need telling a lot because we tell them when something is wrong, which a lot of fanbases don't do. If we didn't, a lot more mistakes would be being made because they wouldn't be told it was unacceptable.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #194: Apr 06, 2020 07:23:26 pm
      Big enough to admit the error of their ways at least and not compound it in any way.

Small crumbs at least.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #195: Apr 06, 2020 07:25:58 pm
      Bad decision that should never have been made but it’s good to see they’ve done the right thing and reversed it.

Well we went about 2 years without having to issue a public apology for something.

Let’s hope that’s the last of the ridiculous decisions the club makes.

Well in.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Club Furlough Staff (Now Reversed)
      Reply #196: Apr 06, 2020 07:26:54 pm
      Reversed it but F**k me they are so F***ing dumb at times. When will the penny drop first time of asking?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #197: Apr 06, 2020 07:28:16 pm
      Reversed it but F**k me they are so F***ing dumb at times. When will the penny drop first time of asking?

It was made on Saturday and this was the first day they could reverse it, surely?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #198: Apr 06, 2020 07:43:33 pm
      So they listened to the adult in the room, the club should never have taken those steps & they should have learned from past mistakes under their tenure..

Hopefully it won’t be forgotten too quickly.

This is the people’s club, firstly those of Liverpool & then the rest of us..

YNWA..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #199: Apr 06, 2020 07:47:49 pm
      Good news, and that's what makes this club special. Listen to the people that have put you were you are.

Skinflints end of, were owned by a bunch of cu*ts make no mistake, have only changed their mind due to what tha F.A. will do to them nothing to do with the fans complaining
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #200: Apr 06, 2020 08:17:38 pm
      It was made on Saturday and this was the first day they could reverse it, surely?

Not on about the reversal I'm on about when will the penny finally drop the first time of asking.

Dont raise ticket prices and price out most of the cities people, don't try and trademark the word Liverpool and dont furlough the staff.

Time and time again when an a moral issue comes up they come out with the wrong answer.

It shouldn't take everyone calling them out for them to get it by now. They still don't get 'it' and I'm wondering now what the next scheme is going to be.

Hopefully this time they will understand some of the principles of the club they own, and how vastly different they are to their own form of rampant capitalism.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #201: Apr 06, 2020 08:19:56 pm
      They finally listened to the voice of reason, the fans !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #202: Apr 06, 2020 08:25:22 pm
      Skinflints end of, were owned by a bunch of cu*ts make no mistake, have only changed their mind due to what tha F.A. will do to them nothing to do with the fans complaining

You thick? This has zero to do with the FA.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #203: Apr 06, 2020 08:27:43 pm
      At least they've come to their senses. So much bad feeling but these people are essentially business men but once they knew the decision was backfiring badly, they moved quickly to reverse it

Shouldn't have happened in the first place but I'll give them the benefit.
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2020 08:38:13 pm by Harrisimo »
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #204: Apr 06, 2020 08:43:42 pm

I disagree, think the fans complaining had a lot to do with the reversal of  their decision.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #205: Apr 06, 2020 08:50:16 pm
      At least they've come to their senses. So much bad feeling but these people are essentially business men but once they knew the decision was backfiring badly, they moved quickly to reverse it

Shouldn't have happened in the first place but I'll give them the benefit.

I don't think they did come to their senses. If corporates had there way it would of stood. It was only because of the fan base and public demand that they had to reverse their own downfall. Simple truth is the likes of levy, Ashley & FSG are greedy penny pinching tw*ts and have no consideration to their fan.

Glad for the good of football Liverpool have reversed their mistake, interestingly enough will Levy & Ashley now follow suit.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #206: Apr 06, 2020 08:57:21 pm
      I don't think they did come to their senses. If corporates had there way it would of stood. It was only because of the fan base and public demand that they had to reverse their own downfall. Simple truth is the likes of levy, Ashley & FSG are greedy penny pinching tw*ts and have no consideration to their fan.

Glad for the good of football Liverpool have reversed their mistake, interestingly enough will Levy & Ashley now follow suit.

Dont get too carried away Keith your lot are no better!

Quick Reply