Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Club Furlough Staff (Now Reversed)

Read 23709 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Club Furlough Staff (Now Reversed)
      Reply #207: Apr 06, 2020 08:59:48 pm
      Good on the fans for amping up the criticism and making sure the outcry was at a volume which meant they had to reverse the decision quickly. It was an absolute PR nightmare of a decision.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #208: Apr 06, 2020 09:01:54 pm
      Dont get too carried away Keith your lot are no better!

Corporates same at 99.9% of clubs, and yes United no different but on this occasion they didn't F**k up.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #209: Apr 06, 2020 09:11:25 pm
      I don't think they did come to their senses. If corporates had there way it would of stood. It was only because of the fan base and public demand that they had to reverse their own downfall. Simple truth is the likes of levy, Ashley & FSG are greedy penny pinching tw*ts and have no consideration to their fan.

Glad for the good of football Liverpool have reversed their mistake, interestingly enough will Levy & Ashley now follow suit.

Appreciate your considered understanding of the situation and that is mostly reflected in your posts. cheers.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #210: Apr 06, 2020 10:01:12 pm
      Anybody thinking that they've reversed this because they give a f**k about the people that they furloughed is wrong.

The credit for this being overturned should, solely, go to the fan base because if we'd not kicked up a fuss they'd still not be giving a f**k now. PR made them reverse. End of.
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2020 10:07:05 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #211: Apr 06, 2020 11:25:07 pm
      Anybody thinking that they've reversed this because they give a f**k about the people that they furloughed is wrong.

The credit for this being overturned should, solely, go to the fan base because if we'd not kicked up a fuss they'd still not be giving a f**k now. PR made them reverse. End of.

True, but I highly doubt it was anyone senior at the club that made the decision.

I'd bet this was some HR type management bod who is supposed to be in charge of the lower level employees.
      It'd be an insane amount of micro-management by someone senior.

So although a shitty decision by whoever made it, at least it got overturned, and yes, that was down to the fan base.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #212: Apr 06, 2020 11:38:06 pm
      Nice,glad of the about face,still should not of happend in the first place.Now back to the footy.....oh bollox! oh yeah sorry about the cu*ts and gobs***e name calling at the start of the thread.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #213: Apr 06, 2020 11:40:29 pm
      F***ing hell still some of these going on in the thread,,,,
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #214: Apr 07, 2020 01:09:39 am
      Common sense prevailed in the end.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #215: Apr 07, 2020 02:46:09 am
      They listened to us!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #216: Apr 07, 2020 11:16:48 am
      Skinflints end of, were owned by a bunch of cu*ts make no mistake, have only changed their mind due to what tha F.A. will do to them nothing to do with the fans complaining

Bit rich this, considering the position they have brought us to following the Gillette - Hicks era that almost brought the club to bankruptcy.

Need a head shake mate. There isn't an owner on this planet that doesn't need to make a profit, unless it's of the throw away oil money kind.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #217: Apr 07, 2020 11:23:44 am
      Why ever they changed tack, we won't be privy to who claimed furlough, or why, in the first place, or for what reason it was reversed.
      Speculate all you want, but you don't really know. You are only spouting your personal thoughts on what might have taken place, inside the business sector off the club.  The only thing that matters is, it has been reversed.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #218: Apr 07, 2020 12:12:48 pm
      Skinflints end of, were owned by a bunch of cu*ts make no mistake, have only changed their mind due to what tha F.A. will do to them nothing to do with the fans complaining

What would the FA have done?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #219: Apr 07, 2020 01:09:47 pm

Sweet FA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #220: Apr 07, 2020 01:32:33 pm
      Bit rich this, considering the position they have brought us to following the Gillette - Hicks era that almost brought the club to bankruptcy.

Need a head shake mate. There isn't an owner on this planet that doesn't need to make a profit, unless it's of the throw away oil money kind.

Nah is it F**k, they wore out that goodwill sh*te after the £77 ticket fiasco, I'm sick of seeing the PR sh*te like This Means More and all that family crap from them. What's worse is the gullible section of our support who swallow their PR sh*te whole because they supposedly saved the club!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #221: Apr 07, 2020 01:47:28 pm

Not a thing. Strange comment.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #222: Apr 07, 2020 02:30:53 pm
      Good Call LFC.
      RobboIsOurKing
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #223: Apr 07, 2020 03:09:58 pm
      Great decision!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #224: Apr 07, 2020 04:33:00 pm
      If I was Hendo & Klopp I'd have been fuming over this. All the work they've done, not just during the crisis but over the last few years, helping to give the club a more likeable image, doing things the right way etc

Then the suits put the club in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they've U-turned but the damage was already done as soon as they announced the furlough.

After the backlash they received for trying to increase ticket prices by nearly £20 a pop, or attempting to trademark the word 'Liverpool', I can't believe they thought they'd get away with it. They've tested the water with the fans enough to be able to anticipate what sort of reaction they'd get
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #225: Apr 07, 2020 05:14:46 pm
      I remember many on here saying how wonderfull our owners are...to quote a certain Liverpool fan ....my arse
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #226: Apr 07, 2020 05:17:48 pm
      I remember many on here saying how wonderfull our owners are...to quote a certain Liverpool fan ....my arse

They've been better than most and they got us Klopp. Yes, they make mistakes but at least they correct them when the fans tell them they're wrong.

No owners are ever perfect and FSG certainly aren't, but looking at where we are right now - world champions, European champions and soon to be English champions - they're clearly one of the best.
      Micks2441
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #227: Apr 07, 2020 06:04:23 pm
      They've been better than most and they got us Klopp. Yes, they make mistakes but at least they correct them when the fans tell them they're wrong.

No owners are ever perfect and FSG certainly aren't, but looking at where we are right now - world champions, European champions and soon to be English champions - they're clearly one of the best.
      correct it was always going to be corrected ,  all the haters are trying to make an issue out of this.  , it’s been sorted let’s get behind the lads , and enjoy picking up the premier league champions trophy , first of    many.    Can’t wait to get the season under way
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #228: Apr 07, 2020 06:18:11 pm
      correct it was always going to be corrected

No it wasn't. You're being extremely naive if you think they just would have changed the decision without pressure from supporters.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #229: Apr 07, 2020 06:43:57 pm
      I think the owners are opportunistic, if the supporters don’t keep them in check they could go about doing whatever they want, it’s great to see local support being vocal & SOS..

Won’t be the last f**k up they do only to be corrected..

Quick Reply