Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 24th Oct @ 4:30 pm
      Old Trafford

Today is the 22nd of October and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W13 D8 L9

Newcastle Utd takeover.

Read 2300 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,497 posts | 5647 
      Re: Newcastle Utd takeover.
      Reply #25: Aug 07, 2020 12:58:57 pm
      If the Premier League in four months couldn't get to the bottom of who would actually end up owning Newcastle then let's face it - this was dodgy.

It would be nice to see a situation whereby clubs could be majority owned domestically - preferably by supporters.  Maybe they could start by all new deals having a minimum 10% 'home-grown' ownership?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Aug 07, 2020 03:10:47 pm
      If the Premier League in four months couldn't get to the bottom of who would actually end up owning Newcastle then let's face it - this was dodgy.

It would be nice to see a situation whereby clubs could be majority owned domestically - preferably by supporters.  Maybe they could start by all new deals having a minimum 10% 'home-grown' ownership?

I would have thought that could be a good model for Newcastle, to be fan owned or at least 50% fan-owned. They have a shitload of fans so surely if they all chip in a few grand then they'd get fairly close to an acceptable amount. I guess it depends on what Newcastle is valued at.

or another approach just turn it onto a plc and then Ashley can sell as much as he wants to, preferably more than 50%, in that case its not just fans buying a share of the club, you'd also get a huge injection of cash into the club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,490 posts | 5713 
      Reply #27: Aug 07, 2020 03:34:12 pm
      I would have thought that could be a good model for Newcastle, to be fan owned or at least 50% fan-owned. They have a shitload of fans so surely if they all chip in a few grand then they'd get fairly close to an acceptable amount. I guess it depends on what Newcastle is valued at.

"They should all chip in a few grand"

Yeah cos those living in Newcastle have got a few grand tucked down the settee. I remember some knobhead from ShareLiverpool using the same phrase about Liverpool fans buying out H & G. How we all f**king laughed at that suggestion. Unless of course a couple of drug dealers were feeling generous.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Aug 07, 2020 10:51:49 pm
      "They should all chip in a few grand"

Yeah cos those living in Newcastle have got a few grand tucked down the settee. I remember some knobhead from ShareLiverpool using the same phrase about Liverpool fans buying out H & G. How we all f**king laughed at that suggestion. Unless of course a couple of drug dealers were feeling generous.

Fair point, the plc/shares approach is probably better.

Quick Reply