Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Newcastle Utd takeover.

Read 5000 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Newcastle Utd takeover.
      Reply #23: Aug 03, 2020 11:41:55 pm
      No they don’t. If they owned Sheffield United then they wouldn’t have been able to even try for Newcastle because owners can’t have more than one team in the same division.

Unless I’m missing something about your post?

It’s owned by a Saud family member.

Prince : Abdullah bin Musa'ad bin Abdul Aziz Galaz.

If there are doubts about Mohammed Bin Salmam then they can bypass it by having another member from the House of Saud front the bid..

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Aug 03, 2020 11:58:16 pm
      It’s owned by a Saud family member.

Prince : Abdullah bin Musa'ad bin Abdul Aziz Galaz.

If there are doubts about Mohammed Bin Salmam then they can bypass it by having another member from the House of Saud front the bid..

It doesn’t work like that, otherwise don’t you think they’d have tried it...

1) it has to be someone who has no ties with any other Premier League team
      2) it would look even more dodgy if they suddenly received a second offer from someone there.

It doesn’t matter who it is from the family or whatever it is there, one of the things they were being checked up heavily for was who would have control and who would be on the board, something they failed to say. Their proposal looked incredibly dodgy by the sounds of it and they done themselves no favours so it’s not an option trying to get someone else to front the bid. My guess would be that this is the last we hear of any sort of Saudi investment into a Premier League team.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2020 12:13:16 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #25: Aug 07, 2020 12:58:57 pm
      If the Premier League in four months couldn't get to the bottom of who would actually end up owning Newcastle then let's face it - this was dodgy.

It would be nice to see a situation whereby clubs could be majority owned domestically - preferably by supporters.  Maybe they could start by all new deals having a minimum 10% 'home-grown' ownership?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Aug 07, 2020 03:10:47 pm
      If the Premier League in four months couldn't get to the bottom of who would actually end up owning Newcastle then let's face it - this was dodgy.

It would be nice to see a situation whereby clubs could be majority owned domestically - preferably by supporters.  Maybe they could start by all new deals having a minimum 10% 'home-grown' ownership?

I would have thought that could be a good model for Newcastle, to be fan owned or at least 50% fan-owned. They have a shitload of fans so surely if they all chip in a few grand then they'd get fairly close to an acceptable amount. I guess it depends on what Newcastle is valued at.

or another approach just turn it onto a plc and then Ashley can sell as much as he wants to, preferably more than 50%, in that case its not just fans buying a share of the club, you'd also get a huge injection of cash into the club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Aug 07, 2020 03:34:12 pm
      I would have thought that could be a good model for Newcastle, to be fan owned or at least 50% fan-owned. They have a shitload of fans so surely if they all chip in a few grand then they'd get fairly close to an acceptable amount. I guess it depends on what Newcastle is valued at.

"They should all chip in a few grand"

Yeah cos those living in Newcastle have got a few grand tucked down the settee. I remember some knobhead from ShareLiverpool using the same phrase about Liverpool fans buying out H & G. How we all F***ing laughed at that suggestion. Unless of course a couple of drug dealers were feeling generous.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Aug 07, 2020 10:51:49 pm
      "They should all chip in a few grand"

Yeah cos those living in Newcastle have got a few grand tucked down the settee. I remember some knobhead from ShareLiverpool using the same phrase about Liverpool fans buying out H & G. How we all f**king laughed at that suggestion. Unless of course a couple of drug dealers were feeling generous.

Fair point, the plc/shares approach is probably better.

Quick Reply