Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Here we go then!!

Read 13610 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Here we go then!!
      Reply #23: Jun 11, 2020 03:08:56 pm
      Under any other circumstances I'd expect City to blow Arsenal away but I've got a feeling we could be destined to win it at Goodison

The fact that 12 months ago they were all signing "You lost the league at Goodison park", us winning it there a year later would be classic "Everton". For some reason the universe regularly finds a way to take the piss out of that club and I think the stars could align it for it to happen again in a week's time

Plus if we're going to win it inside an empty stadium I'd much actually rather it be Goodison than Anfield, think it would be too bittersweet if we clinched it at home with nobody there to see it. If we do it at Goodison at least we'll always be able to say that we beat Everton on their own patch and won the title. Empty stadium or not they'll never be able to take that away from us

Very good story line.

I expect City to win vs. Arsenal, not so much about City as I think Arsenal are going to be very poor for the rest of this season. Shockingly bad, like.

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #24: Jun 11, 2020 08:13:59 pm
      We're going to Everton in an empty ground better for us :) So we will win.
      Being an empty ground  We’ll all be able to hear the woodworm munching away at the timber.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #25: Jun 11, 2020 08:24:40 pm
      Sorry.

I could never be.

71 May         The Cockney Drunk Charlie George.

89  May        Michael Thomas.

Nuff said.
      Me neither,was only 4  in 71 so a bit to young to see that live but the one in 89 I’ll  never ever forget,Devastated doesn’t even come close in describing how I felt at the final whistle ,even to this day I refuse to watch the film ‘fever pitch’.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26: Jun 12, 2020 12:16:35 pm
      Under any other circumstances I'd expect City to blow Arsenal away but I've got a feeling we could be destined to win it at Goodison

The fact that 12 months ago they were all signing "You lost the league at Goodison park", us winning it there a year later would be classic "Everton". For some reason the universe regularly finds a way to take the piss out of that club and I think the stars could align it for it to happen again in a week's time

Plus if we're going to win it inside an empty stadium I'd much actually rather it be Goodison than Anfield, think it would be too bittersweet if we clinched it at home with nobody there to see it. If we do it at Goodison at least we'll always be able to say that we beat Everton on their own patch and won the title. Empty stadium or not they'll never be able to take that away from us

Get what your saying but rather Citeh beat the arse, we batter Blueshite, and then palace so as the Citizens can give us a guard of honour, Emptihad being irrelevant, it’s the humiliation they have to suffer that gives me a semi , don’t forget, that City are of course dubbed as the best ever ever ever ever football team ever to have graced the premier league, Ever ! but could end the season 28 points behind us,🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Y  N  W  A

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Jun 12, 2020 01:09:48 pm

Get what your saying but rather Citeh beat the arse, we batter Blueshite, and then palace so as the Citizens can give us a guard of honour, Emptihad being irrelevant, it’s the humiliation they have to suffer that gives me a semi , don’t forget, that City are of course dubbed as the best ever ever ever ever football team ever to have graced the premier league, Ever ! but could end the season 28 points behind us,🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Y  N  W  A

Maths were never a strength for me, Billy, but doesn't that make us 28 points better than the best ever?

(Asking for a friend)
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #28: Jun 12, 2020 03:10:09 pm

Y  N  W  A

Ah yeah, forgot about that!

Winning it at Goodison would still be my preferred outcome though. Would be good to get one over on City but there's a good chance they could be irrelevant to us in a few years time, whereas winning the title at Goodison would be something we could dine out on forever!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #29: Jun 12, 2020 03:55:22 pm
      Arsenal got done by Brentford apparently in their latest friendly. I think the title race will rumble on for a few games yet. Beating Everton at Goodison under these strange circumstances and back from a long  break is in itself not a definite.

Sooner or later though the title will be won, the prospect or celebrating it in Goodisons car park would be good if unlikely.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #30: Jun 12, 2020 04:39:00 pm
      Arsenal got done by Brentford apparently in their latest friendly. I think the title race will rumble on for a few games yet. Beating Everton at Goodison under these strange circumstances and back from a long  break is in itself not a definite.

Sooner or later though the title will be won, the prospect or celebrating it in Goodisons car park would be good if unlikely.

It needs to be done ASAP.
      First we were going to be the never were champions if the season had been voided.
      Then the asterisk champions if we had been awarded it.
      There’s been talk of being ‘devalued champions’ because the league isn’t finishing ‘properly’
      If we let Citeh cut the gap too much before we win it we will be the ‘what if’ champions.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31: Jun 12, 2020 05:45:07 pm
      First we were going to be the never were champions if the season had been voided.
      There’s been talk of being ‘devalued champions’ because the league isn’t finishing ‘properly’
      If we let Citeh cut the gap too much before we win it we will be the ‘what if’ champions.

Do you take notice of other club's fans jealous rantings mate?

They'll find any excuse to try and devalue our achievement.

F**k 'em.
      Who cares what they think.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #32: Jun 12, 2020 06:27:06 pm

F**k 'em.

Exactly, why bother worrying what some random rival fan on Twitter or at the pub thinks? This will be a title we fully deserve and will have earned.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Jun 12, 2020 07:07:53 pm
      Feels like the start of a new season, sort of.
      Just glad that the season wasn't voided and we get the chance to finish it out.
      Albeit behind closed doors or whatever.
      Looking forward to seeing the lads play again.
      And getting the job done...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #34: Jun 12, 2020 07:24:49 pm
      Ah yeah, forgot about that!

Winning it at Goodison would still be my preferred outcome though. Would be good to get one over on City but there's a good chance they could be irrelevant to us in a few years time, whereas winning the title at Goodison would be something we could dine out on forever!

We have to rely on those cockney cu*ts to make that happen bro, and if we’re all honest it ain’t gonna happen, well, I can’t see it anyhoo !

Y  N  W  A
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35: Jun 12, 2020 07:29:01 pm
      More chance of me having a threesome with Donald trump and Boris Johnson than arsenal beating city
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #36: Jun 12, 2020 07:36:42 pm

F**k 'em.

Fazakerly mate, it matters not a f***in jot what any other fans think, whether we are the ‘Never Were, the Asterisk, the Devalued, or the What if, the key word here is ‘ CHAMPIONS’ and that is Exactly what we are about to come, so like you say ‘ F**k ‘em,

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS......Nuff Said!

Y  N  W  A

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #37: Jun 12, 2020 08:58:06 pm
      Quote from TameImpala

Plus if we're going to win it inside an empty stadium I'd much actually rather it be Goodison than Anfield, think it would be too bittersweet if we clinched it at home with nobody there to see it.

As opposed to being away, with nobody there to see it? Spot the difference.

Everton as a club, are no more than an annoying inconvenience imo. But if they need any more motivation to rise from their slumber, the news that "Liverpool can win the league" against them, read out every few minutes, is enough.

Quote from billythered
      Get what your saying but rather Citeh beat the arse, we batter Blueshite, and then palace so as the Citizens can give us a guard of honour, Emptihad being irrelevant, it’s the humiliation they have to suffer that gives me a semi
                                               Y  N  W  A

Do you honestly expect any guard of honour, what with the current restrictions on entering the pitch?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #38: Jun 13, 2020 07:16:25 am

Everton as a club, are no more than an annoying inconvenience imo. But if they need any more motivation to rise from their slumber, the news that "Liverpool can win the league" against them, read out every few minutes, is enough.

Easy for you to say. As a scouser, Everton are much more than an inconvenience. They're horrific and I hate them 50x more than I could ever hate the likes of city or Chelsea. Winning the league at Goodison would be incredible. I f**king hate the cu*ts

If we won the league at that shithole I'd never live it down
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2020 07:22:10 am by TameImpala »
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #39: Jun 13, 2020 08:10:38 am
      We will be worthy champions,F**k what rival fans are saying, we are not gaining an advantage, as everyone else is playing in empty stadiums, just sour grapes, as for next season very likely it will start in empty stadiums, my guess is they will start letting in a few hundred to start with and just keep increasing it match by match, if we are getting on top of this virus.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40: Jun 13, 2020 08:56:11 am
      We will be worthy champions,f**k what rival fans are saying, we are not gaining an advantage, as everyone else is playing in empty stadiums, just sour grapes, as for next season very likely it will start in empty stadiums, my guess is they will start letting in a few hundred to start with and just keep increasing it match by match, if we are getting on top of this virus.

are rival fans really saying that we gain an advantage by playing in empty stadiums, if so on what basis, its the same conditions for everyone isn't it?
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #41: Jun 13, 2020 09:12:25 am
      Rival fans are bitter, they will say anything if it makes them feel better, i just ignore it like all the other crap about VAR we will win the league by over 20 points against arguably the best team to ever play in the premier league 😂😂
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #42: Jun 13, 2020 09:18:32 am

The key word in all that being champions.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43: Jun 13, 2020 10:10:55 am
      Not long now folks. Champions soon enough.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #44: Jun 13, 2020 11:48:01 am

Do you honestly expect any guard of honour, what with the current restrictions on entering the pitch?

Why not, if they can play football with full contact then yes , a guard of honour with the citizens 2m apart is a longer guard of honour which means they suffer for longer, and I would include the board, the security staff, the ball boys , the tea ladies the f***in chef , the stewards every f**ker associated with citeh & particular the shaky sheiks & their camel jockeying entourage all round the f***in pitch, just so as they know we are the best team in the prem, the best team in England, the best team in the f***in world, without the need to f***in cheat and buy our success , there, is that a good enough reason to honour the new CHAMPIONS, and how fitting would it be for the current Holders to hand over their contaminated crown to a team who have a un-blemished history and have gained their successes through sheer hard f***in graft & determination.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !!

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #45: Jun 13, 2020 02:15:38 pm
      Not wanting to put a dampner on it but I had a nightmare two nights ago we lost 3-1... hoping it was just lockdown blues!! come on lads  :kop5cf8koxp6:

It could happen, first game back after so long etc, but looking at the way we demolished Blackburn, I know its just a friendly but still, the lads look hungry and focused, time to wrap this up before the second wave or before society implodes completely.

Quick Reply