Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Here we go then!!

Read 13727 times
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Re: Here we go then!!
      Reply #46: Jun 13, 2020 02:47:27 pm
      Rival fans are bitter, they will say anything if it makes them feel better, i just ignore it like all the other crap about VAR we will win the league by over 20 points against arguably the best team to ever play in the premier league 😂😂
      Itā€™s their way of consoling themselves, the fact weā€™re back up on perch kills all them the poor fuckers
      Campione Liverpool
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #47: Jun 13, 2020 08:38:14 pm
      Quote from TameImpala
      Easy for you to say. As a scouser, Everton are much more than an inconvenience. They're horrific and I hate them 50x more than I could ever hate the likes of city or Chelsea. Winning the league at Goodison would be incredible. I f**king hate the cu*ts

If we won the league at that shithole I'd never live it down

They haven't won against us in 10 years. They haven't won a game in our house in 20+ years. They haven't won anything this century. We have bigger rivals out there, teams that are a genuine threat to us. They're not one of them. 

If they have the impression that we lost the league last year at their place, then they're more delusional than we think. We didn't lose the league as such. We got the highest points total in our history, a points total so huge it's beyond their comprehension.

I would ideally prefer to win the league in our house, but it ultimately doesn't matter. Whenever we get over the line, we should celebrate what we've achieved, not worry about what anyone else thinks.

Quote from billythered
      Why not, if they can play football with full contact then yes , a guard of honour with the citizens 2m apart is a longer guard of honour which means they suffer for longer.
      WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !!                     
        Y  N  W  A

I get all that, but there are specific rules about how teams enter the pitch atm. A guard of honour is not essential, it's a tradition, and all kinds of traditions are being abandoned atm.

These are no frills games and they come with no festivities. They are played because they have to be played, and basically anyone and anything that's not essential is not invited and is going to have to wait for a later day.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #48: Jun 13, 2020 10:01:28 pm
      From The Athletic on the CoVid-related rules for the remainder of the season:

Teams will arrive at grounds on the same schedule as before, expected to be 90 minutes before kick-off. But when they walk into the highest-security ā€œRed Zoneā€ of the stadium through the playersā€™ entrance, they will find a place very different from those they last played in three months ago. The two squads will head through the sterile corridors to the dressing rooms, in the heart of the Red Zone.

In the past, dressing rooms have been a hive of activity before and after games. Children who were mascots for the day would get photos with their heroes. After the game, family members might be allowed in, or club officials would swing by to congratulate their players. Or even famous fans, there for another round of photos. Noel Gallagher, for example, is no stranger to Manchester City dressing rooms after big games.

But that will not be the case anymore.

Access will be restricted to players, coaches and physios only. No fans, mascots, friends or family be allowed in. Even the dozens of backroom staff who would normally be there ā€” analysts, masseurs, player liaison officers ā€” will find their access restricted. And within each dressing room, a clubā€™s players will be asked to space out and observe social distancing where possible.

Normally, players would go out for a walk on the pitch after arriving at the ground, but that is no longer expected to take place. The warm-ups will be limited, with contact minimised, and when the players return to the dressing room they will find the team talk even more restricted.

Because under the new rules, the only people allowed to attend the team talk will be the players and the coaches, no other club staff. And it will be limited to 15 minutesā€™ duration at most, because individuals should not be spending too much time in close proximity indoors.

After that, and after sanitising their hands, the two teams will come out into the tunnel. In the past, this area would be busy, full of club officials and media, the young fans who will be accompanying the players as mascots, and with players embracing friends and former team-mates among the opposition.

From this week, though, a Premier League tunnel will be a very different place.

If the tunnel is narrow, the two teams will not be able to occupy it at the same time. Instead, their emergence onto the pitch will have to be staggered. While in the tunnel, the players will be checked by the match officials for their shinpads, boots and any jewellery. The away team will likely go onto the pitch first, fanning out on one side of the halfway line. Only then will the home team take their places in the tunnel.

Many of the usual little rituals before a game will be abandoned. There will be no children as mascots. There are unlikely to be adults dressed up in oversized fancy dress costumes either, as popular as Gunnersaurus and Fred the Red may beā€¦

There will, of course, be no pre-game handshake, as the Premier League has forbidden it. The two teams will not even walk past each other on the pitch in the old way. But the handshake board they would walk past will still be up, and the Premier League anthem will still be played.

There will be little need for pre-game photographs on the pitch, with no sponsorsā€™ representatives or mascots or anyone else milling about on the pitch. The coin toss will still be held.

When the match gets underway, the officials will know that they have to run it in a way that is different from all of the other games they have worked in their careers before lockdown, by encouraging a change in behaviour from the players. This means no handshakes, no absent-minded spitting and encouraging players to distance themselves when celebrating goals or in other non-game related situations. Players will be repeatedly reminded of their responsibilities regarding coronavirus.

Back in the stadiums, referees will also have a new job in their management of keeping the ball in play. Under normal circumstances, there are thousands of fans and armies of ball-boys and girls on hand to return a ball to the pitch. But in an empty stadium, that network will not exist. So there will be a few footballs dotted around the outside of the pitch, each sitting on a cone to stop it rolling away. So if a ball has been kicked deep into a deserted stand, or over one, the referee can point to the ball on the cone for a player to use for his subsequent throw-in or corner. Meanwhile, a member of staff can retrieve the original ball and return it to an empty cone.

Ultimately the flow of the game ā€” the tackles and passes and shots ā€” will be the most normal thing that we see on Wednesday and in the coming weeks. It is everything external to that which will be strange. When goals are scored, and referees are encouraging players to distance themselves in celebration rather than hug. Or at the final whistle, when players might normally embrace team-mates or opponents, they will be encouraged not to.

And when the players head back down the tunnel after the game, more restrictions will apply.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #49: Jun 14, 2020 02:40:06 pm
      More chance of me having a threesome with Donald trump and Boris Johnson than arsenal beating city

You coming out? ;)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #50: Jun 14, 2020 08:05:20 pm
      Is this the pre-game thread then? Just noticed that NBC is showing it  live here,don't think the pubs will be open just the outside patio nonsense.Be great to get it done here after arsenal beat city cos i don't think i can watch a midweek game unless it rains.
      Anfield-Fan99
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 32 
      Reply #51: Jun 14, 2020 10:17:48 pm
      if you see the pictures of football bars in spain it seems to be less dangerous to let people back into the stadium.
      If stadium visitors go directly to their seats without using any offer of food and drinks, I think a visit to an outdoor stadium is quite safe.
      maybe it would be possible to let people go back to the stadium bit by bit.
      29th: every 4th seat
      30th: every 3rd seat
      31th: every 2nd seat
      32th: full capacity

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #52: Jun 15, 2020 12:13:16 am
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #53: Jun 15, 2020 12:25:20 am
      It could (unlikely) be this week..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #54: Jun 15, 2020 01:04:50 am

Those Arsenal cu*ts are no chance to help us and I don't want them too. Let's just do this ourselves and F**k everyone else off!
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #55: Jun 15, 2020 11:34:55 am
      Now that's a back page
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #56: Jun 15, 2020 12:14:47 pm
      Glad we got bars open here in our country :) Fireworks are waiting...come on reds
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #57: Jun 15, 2020 04:35:06 pm

Who wants to name everyone in that pic?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #58: Jun 15, 2020 04:55:30 pm
      Mixture of excitement and trepidation to be honest. My mental health before the shutdown wasn't the best, but hopefully working from home and getting the league wrapped up early will be a good tonic
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #59: Jun 16, 2020 03:01:47 pm
      Who wants to name everyone in that pic?

From right to left:

Ronnie Whelan
      Bruce Grobbelaar
      Ronny Rosenthal
      Steve McMahon
      John Barnes
      Ian Rush
      Alan Hanson
      Glenn Hysen
      Jan Molby
      Steve Nicol
      Barry Venison
      David Burrows
      Gary Ablett
      Ray Houghton
      Gary Gillespie
      Steve Staunton
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #60: Jun 19, 2020 05:26:28 am
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #61: Jun 19, 2020 07:03:08 am
      From right to left:

Ronnie Whelan
      Bruce Grobbelaar
      Ronny Rosenthal
      Steve McMahon
      John Barnes
      Ian Rush
      Alan Hanson
      Glenn Hysen
      Jan Molby
      Steve Nicol
      Barry Venison
      David Burrows
      Gary Ablett
      Ray Houghton
      Gary Gillespie
      Steve Staunton

Well done  Hyton, I couldnā€™t remember Glen Hysens name !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #62: Jun 19, 2020 02:55:39 pm
      Well done  Hyton, I couldnā€™t remember Glen Hysens name !

Championship winning squad of 1990 celebrating the league win after the QPR game, I was there!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #63: Jun 19, 2020 03:02:16 pm
      Check out @LFCā€™s Tweet: https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1273846974094155777?s=09 :lmao:
      It's coming home!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #64: Jun 19, 2020 03:29:02 pm

I'd rather swerve saying that!

Campione, Campione, Campione Liverpool for me!!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #65: Jun 19, 2020 09:18:12 pm
      Anyone else kinda hope City donā€™t lose to Burnley after we beat Everton? Iā€™d rather win the second game and become champions with the players there on the pitch in the moment, then start our next game already champions.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #66: Jun 19, 2020 10:00:05 pm
      Anyone else kinda hope City donā€™t lose to Burnley after we beat Everton? Iā€™d rather win the second game and become champions with the players there on the pitch in the moment, then start our next game already champions.

Agree with this .

Did you see we have a game later like 42 hours after the previous one ends?
      rymatt
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #67: Jun 21, 2020 04:07:47 pm
      So excited now after watching this! Cumon Liverpool!  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEXO0zTRiL4
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #68: Jun 22, 2020 08:27:18 pm
      City 1 up looks like we won't win it against Palace, City look very slick

Quick Reply