Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Here we go then!!

Read 13607 times
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Re: Here we go then!!
      Reply #92: Jun 23, 2020 02:10:50 pm

How the f**k are they better than us when we hold a 20pt lead over them, the league doesn’t lie, all season we’ve been better, played better and obviously have had better results, so how in the name of Holy F**k are they better, you really need to engage your brain cell before operating your gob !
      Bill, you know the old saying "To be the best you have to beat the best". Man. City are the best. Except for our team, who are now the real best, this season. And there's no harm in admiring another team's quality, knowing in your heart that your team is even better. Because they demonstrated it to the world, over the season. Single victories don't define a season, nor a single defeat or draw; neither do winning sequences. It's a marathon, and we're miles ahead.

Y  N  W  A
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #93: Jun 24, 2020 08:50:38 am
      Quote from heimdall
      they really are in all regards better than us, except defence and points total ;-)

We are World Champions. Mercenary City are miles behind us. And if that ban kicks in, they'll all be off, manager et al. Sane is already first in the queue.

We reached their current points total in January. We'll be celebrating again soon enough.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #94: Jun 24, 2020 09:10:31 am
      erm please reread my post, its just one sentence, the last bit was "they really are an incredible team, in all regards better than us, EXCEPT DEFENCE AND POINTS TOTAL ;-)" In other words despite being slightly better in attack and midfield, we are significantly better in defence and of course we have the points. I also think we have the better team spirit, why do people get so damned defensive about this stuff, I obviously love Liverpool but I will also praise other teams if they are exceptional and City, as much as I hate them, are exceptional, AS ARE WE!!

How are City better in attack exactly?

Are you saying Aguero/Sterling/Mahrez are better than Firmino/Mane/Salah?

Or do you mean they have more options up front which only means they have better squad depth?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #95: Jun 24, 2020 10:13:50 am
      How are City better in attack exactly?

Are you saying Aguero/Sterling/Mahrez are better than Firmino/Mane/Salah?

Or do you mean they have more options up front which only means they have better squad depth?

Its not necessarily their forwards who are better although I think Aguero is the best striker in the Prem, not by much over ours but he is. It's more their attacking midfield which complements the attack so beautifully. The major difference between them and us is that they are set up much more for attack than us, normally playing 2 AM's to our 2 DM's (or at least more defensive midfielders). Obviously this season is proof that a slightly more defensive strategy pays dividends but I honestly think City are the better attacking team, it doesn't mean I like them, in fact I hate them, but I do respect and admire them.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #96: Jun 24, 2020 10:25:32 am
      Its not necessarily their forwards who are better although I think Aguero is the best striker in the Prem, not by much over ours but he is. It's more their attacking midfield which complements the attack so beautifully. The major difference between them and us is that they are set up much more for attack than us, normally playing 2 AM's to our 2 DM's (or at least more defensive midfielders). Obviously this season is proof that a slightly more defensive strategy pays dividends but I honestly think City are the better attacking team, it doesn't mean I like them, in fact I hate them, but I do respect and admire them.

I agree they have much better attacking midfielders. And obviously we don't play with AM's so they aren't required in our system. Our full backs provide the creativity in attack from out wide with Mo and Mane.

So I agree they are set up to score more goals than us. Mind you I wouldn't swap any of our front three for theirs including Aguero, who while a fantastic player, doesn't offer the dynamism of Bobby.

LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #97: Jun 24, 2020 02:04:51 pm
      I don't find much to disagree with there, but City have lost 7 matches this season so far. That great attacking midfield carries a price, I think. They are not so good at propping up a sometimes shaky back line. Injuries at the back didn't help them, though, I don't think. However, with their depth I don't think they can complain. The team is built around Pep's philosophy, and the emphasis is always on offence.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #98: Jun 24, 2020 02:19:07 pm
      We are World Champions. Mercenary City are miles behind us. And if that ban kicks in, they'll all be off, manager et al. Sane is already first in the queue.

We reached their current points total in January. We'll be celebrating again soon enough.

Hmm... I wonder why such a poor quality team like ours are World Champions... and how we are leading the league by so many points. And we lack them in so many ways... something seems off.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #99: Jun 24, 2020 02:22:04 pm
      I don't find much to disagree with there, but City have lost 7 matches this season so far. That great attacking midfield carries a price, I think. They are not so good at propping up a sometimes shaky back line. Injuries at the back didn't help them, though, I don't think. However, with their depth I don't think they can complain. The team is built around Pep's philosophy, and the emphasis is always on offence.

I think this season the penny finally dropped for a lot of teams that the only way to play City is to have a go at them and hope you get a bit of luck, in previous seasons lower table teams just sat back and pray'd for a miracle which very rarely came. Our setup is much more efficient and solid, hence our superior points tally. The only thing we need is some better cover for the front three. I think with Minamino we have someone who can be a good understudy to Bobby, but we still need a good forward who play either wing, sadly Origi is not the answer and Elliott is probably a bit to young still.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #100: Jun 24, 2020 02:24:29 pm
      Hmm... I wonder why such a poor quality team like ours are World Champions... and how we are leading the league by so many points. And we lack them in so many ways... something seems off.

Where did I say we were a poor team, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, show me where I said that? ;-)

All I said was that City have a slightly better attack but that WE have a better defence and better overall team spirit and shape, hence why we are European, World and soon to be English champions
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #101: Jun 24, 2020 10:38:40 pm
      Where did I say we were a poor team, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, show me where I said that? ;-)

All I said was that City have a slightly better attack but that WE have a better defence and better overall team spirit and shape, hence why we are European, World and soon to be English champions

Firstly moderate your language please.
      Secondly you didn’t say they had a slightly better attack, you said they were better than us in all areas other than defence.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #102: Jun 24, 2020 10:43:05 pm
       the city dick suckers from the last few days! :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: wahHEAT motherfuckers!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #103: Jun 25, 2020 02:35:48 am
      These next few days are gonna be mental!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #104: Jun 25, 2020 02:45:07 pm
      Firstly moderate your language please.
      Secondly you didn’t say they had a slightly better attack, you said they were better than us in all areas other than defence.

Oh for heavens sake, have you never seen Pulp Fiction and do you not understand the concept of emoticons or humour??

I ask again where did I say that we were a poor team? I challenge you to find that quote from this season or last for that matter.

For the record I said they were better in all areas except defence, team spirit and of course points total. They have a more dynamic attack minded midfield but their forwards are probably equivalent to ours. Overall WE are the better team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #105: Jun 25, 2020 02:45:55 pm
      the city dick suckers from the last few days! :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: wahHEAT motherfuckers!

oh careful now you'll have therealajr offended by such language!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #106: Jun 25, 2020 08:53:09 pm
      Chelsea 1 v 0 Man City

35mins
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #107: Jun 25, 2020 09:00:08 pm
      For the record I said they were better in all areas except defence, team spirit and of course points total. They have a more dynamic attack minded midfield but their forwards are probably equivalent to ours. Overall WE are the better team.

If you are going to try and justify comments you might want to go back and edit posts first!!

Quote:
      Yes how are they able to rock up after 3 months without any rust, they really are an incredible team, in all regards better than us, except defence and points total ;-)

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #108: Jun 25, 2020 09:00:44 pm
      Not quite sure if I prefer to see them clap us out, or to see us spank them in their own ground to secure the title.
      So nearly over the line!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #109: Jun 25, 2020 09:21:43 pm
      Serious question. 

When the F**k do we get our hands on OUR TROPHY 🏆.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #110: Jun 25, 2020 09:28:59 pm
      bas**rds have equalised!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #111: Jun 25, 2020 09:31:04 pm
      Serious question. 

When the f**k do we get our hands on OUR TROPHY 🏆.

think it maybe our next home game considering the circumstances, I mean there are no fans to celebrate with so not really sure!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #112: Jun 25, 2020 10:01:59 pm
      Beautiful mate

Quick Reply