Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

George Floyd : Aftermath

Read 3242 times
      LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,423 posts | 1730 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Re: George Floyd : Aftermath
      Reply #100: Jun 25, 2020 03:08:36 pm

Just had a look at that, his missus got sacked as well for airing similar views. They both had a funding page set up but they've been taken down by the funding page and now that little sh*t has got a PayPal set up so people can give him money.

He's become the scrounging b***ard he has a go at online, ironic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5173 
      Reply #101: Jun 25, 2020 05:45:48 pm
      Just had a look at that, his missus got sacked as well for airing similar views. They both had a funding page set up but they've been taken down by the funding page and now that little sh*t has got a PayPal set up so people can give him money.

He's become the scrounging b***ard he has a go at online, ironic.

Same every f**king time with absolute weapons like that, and where did he get the begging tactic from, his gobs***e mate Tommy!!

LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,423 posts | 1730 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #102: Jun 25, 2020 08:19:28 pm
      Same every f**king time with absolute weapons like that, and where did he get the begging tactic from, his gobs***e mate Tommy!!

Let's say I've got extended, not blood, family who think the sun shines out of that cu*ts arse. Winds me up to f**k, there's an agreement that they don't talk to me any more about that kind of sh*t just to keep the peace.
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2020 08:28:19 pm by LFCexiled »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 763 
      Reply #103: Jun 26, 2020 08:27:51 pm
      Very Nasty individual, but unfortunately this is a reaction to BLM. The vast overwhelming majority of people aren't racist but the more the narrative of white privilege is pursued the more some people will be pushed into the arms of these far right racist thugs, that's what scares me.

There is no narrative of white privilege,it's real.You can't see it because you don't want to.Robinson and his ilk need to be driven back under the rock they crawled out from.And any person that goes"into the arms" can f**k off to,even in Burnley the 'poor oppressed white man' is close to 80% of the population,stop whining and blaming those around you struggling to get by and look at the cu*ts running the country as the problem.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5173 
      Reply #105: Jun 26, 2020 09:14:14 pm

There is no narrative of white privilege,it's real.You can't see it because you don't want to.Robinson and his ilk need to be driven back under the rock they crawled out from.And any person that goes"into the arms" can f**k off to,even in Burnley the 'poor oppressed white man' is close to 80% of the population,stop whining and blaming those around you struggling to get by and look at the cu*ts running the country as the problem.

Remember the same shitty arguments from Burnley-supporting reds and why they felt the need to vote BNP.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #106: Jun 26, 2020 09:45:50 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 763 
      Reply #107: Jun 27, 2020 01:50:50 pm
      I hate this"whataboutism",anybody takes a stand on an issue,that pilger seems like a total dickhead.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5173 
      Reply #108: Jun 27, 2020 07:08:19 pm
      I hate this"whataboutism",anybody takes a stand on an issue,that pilger seems like a total dickhead.

One of the best journalists of a generation, some of his documentaries are brilliant.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,275 posts | 2514 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #109: Jun 27, 2020 07:10:33 pm
      One of the best journalists of a generation, some of his documentaries are brilliant.

Gone a bit tin foil recently for me
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5173 
      Reply #110: Jun 27, 2020 10:09:17 pm
      Gone a bit tin foil recently for me

Is that just lockdown getting to him? :laugh:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,686 posts | 2709 
      Reply #111: Jun 28, 2020 09:53:28 am

There is a very worrying trend at the moment where freedom of speech is being trampled on and no debate is being allowed about racism or other topics like trans rights. For example Bernie Ecclestone, yes I know a difficult character at the best of times, but what did he really say that was so bad, he suggested that quite often Black people can be more racist than White, now instead of asking him to clarify that statement everyone instead instantly jumped on him and denounced him as ignorant and uneducated plus banned him from the sport which he in effect created, this includes that sanctimonious tax dodging multi-millionaire vain little sh*t Hamilton.

Unless proper open debate is held about these issues then no lasting progress will be made, if you stifle free speech then you are in great danger of pushing a lot of people underground where the monsters lurk.

Free speech is essential to any functioning society.

I don't think that anyone denies there are a few racists in society but you don't solve it be denouncing all people as racist and you won't ever solve it without having a proper open discussion and that includes also looking at the Black community because the issues are not 100% caused by racism past or present, to think so is absurd, infantile and misses all the other factors like single parent families and poverty.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,686 posts | 2709 
      Reply #112: Jun 28, 2020 10:01:56 am

Can you give me examples of systemic racism, I honestly want to understand, you are right that I don't see it although very wrong in suggesting I don't want to so please educate me.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5173 
      Reply #113: Jun 28, 2020 02:02:45 pm
      There is a very worrying trend at the moment where freedom of speech is being trampled on and no debate is being allowed about racism or other topics like trans rights. For example Bernie Ecclestone, yes I know a difficult character at the best of times, but what did he really say that was so bad, he suggested that quite often Black people can be more racist than White, now instead of asking him to clarify that statement everyone instead instantly jumped on him and denounced him as ignorant and uneducated plus banned him from the sport which he in effect created, this includes that sanctimonious tax dodging multi-millionaire vain little sh*t Hamilton.

Unless proper open debate is held about these issues then no lasting progress will be made, if you stifle free speech then you are in great danger of pushing a lot of people underground where the monsters lurk.

Free speech is essential to any functioning society.

It's a shame then we don't actually acknowledge freedom of speech in this country, that is America.

We have freedom of expression!!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 763 
      Reply #114: Jun 28, 2020 05:14:35 pm
      Can you give me examples of systemic racism, I honestly want to understand, you are right that I don't see it although very wrong in suggesting I don't want to so please educate me.

Here ya go from the ice cream hippies,https://www.benjerry.com/home/whats-new/2016/systemic-racism-is-real.A nice primer. You can do your own research the internet is pretty good for this.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 763 
      Reply #115: Jun 28, 2020 05:20:07 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #116: Jun 28, 2020 07:23:54 pm
      There is a very worrying trend at the moment where freedom of speech is being trampled on and no debate is being allowed about racism or other topics like trans rights.

Israel is a racist endeavour... 👍🏼
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,977 posts | 3117 
      • I Love My A.M.G.
      Reply #117: Jun 28, 2020 09:04:58 pm
      Hahaha even used the "I've got lots of Asian friends" line like all good closet racists use!!

Ma Man Mobeen .
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #118: Jun 28, 2020 11:54:23 pm

Good kid Guz.. bump into him quite often & I sh*t you not he dresses like you see him in on screen.. proper method actor 😂
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,977 posts | 3117 
      • I Love My A.M.G.
      Reply #119: Jun 29, 2020 12:15:22 am
      Good kid Guz.. bump into him quite often & I sh*t you not he dresses like you see him in on screen.. proper method actor 😂

He is brilliant  ..... and Eight who is a funny circuit comedian in real life.
      Uncle Shady .... a law unto himself .  ( " Scum "  " B***ard" )

What a start for anyone first watching it.
      Eight paying £150 for laptop ..... only to find its a dead cat in the bag. 
      Brilliant.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #120: Jun 29, 2020 02:11:26 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,977 posts | 3117 
      • I Love My A.M.G.
      Reply #121: Jun 29, 2020 04:47:34 pm
      Mercedes changing F1 cars to black.
      Posted in F1 thread.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,069 posts | 3843 
      Reply #122: Jun 29, 2020 05:14:26 pm
      Mercedes changing F1 cars to black.
      Posted in F1 thread.

Looks good too..👍🏼
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,977 posts | 3117 
      • I Love My A.M.G.
      Reply #123: Jun 30, 2020 02:29:57 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/53232643/page/3

Article ...

Football commentators must address racial 'bias' says PFA
      This from BBC Sport's Laura Scott :

There is "evident bias" in some football commentary relating to the skin tone of players, according to a new study.

In 80 televised games analysed across four European leagues, including the Premier League, players with a lighter skin tone were praised more often for their intelligence and work ethic.

Meanwhile, those with darker skin tones were "significantly" more likely to be "reduced to their physical characteristics or athletic ability", such as their pace and power.

The research, conducted by Danish firm RunRepeat in association with the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), concluded that the findings showed "bias from commentators".

/End
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #124: Jun 30, 2020 08:32:23 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/53232643/page/3

Article ...

Football commentators must address racial 'bias' says PFA
      This from BBC Sport's Laura Scott :

There is "evident bias" in some football commentary relating to the skin tone of players, according to a new study.

In 80 televised games analysed across four European leagues, including the Premier League, players with a lighter skin tone were praised more often for their intelligence and work ethic.

Meanwhile, those with darker skin tones were "significantly" more likely to be "reduced to their physical characteristics or athletic ability", such as their pace and power.

The research, conducted by Danish firm RunRepeat in association with the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), concluded that the findings showed "bias from commentators".

/End

Wait, so in sport, if someone speaks to your “pace and power” you are being “reduced”?

Isn’t that what athletics are ultimately about? Athletic ability?

You could turn this around and say that light skinned players are being “reduced” to their non athletic attributes those being intelligence and the ability to work hard.

Sounds like confirmation bias to me.

Quick Reply