Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sat 11th Dec @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D2 L8

George Floyd : Aftermath

Read 5816 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 947 posts | 211 
      Re: George Floyd : Aftermath
      Reply #150: Apr 20, 2021 10:55:05 pm
      Punched the air when I heard the news, but this is a tiny part of the raging battle in the USA.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,345 posts | 4191 
      Reply #151: Apr 20, 2021 11:01:18 pm
      RIP George, justice has been served.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #152: Apr 20, 2021 11:23:48 pm
      RIP George

Justice done.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,874 posts | 2768 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #153: Apr 20, 2021 11:27:45 pm
      Justice done. Hopefully the aftermath will be peaceful and there will be real change
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,608 posts | 5701 
      Reply #154: Apr 21, 2021 09:31:02 am
      Justice done. Hopefully the aftermath will be peaceful and there will be real change

A police officer in the US state of Ohio has shot dead a 16-year-old black girl while responding to an emergency call over an attempted stabbing.

The teenager involved in the incident, in the state capital Columbus, has been identified as Ma'Khia Bryant.

Columbus police have produced bodycam footage from the scene showing several people attacking a person before the girl is shot multiple times.

An inquiry is under way, with officials urging local residents to remain calm.

The officer involved, who has not yet been named, has been placed on paid administrative leave, US media report.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #155: Apr 21, 2021 09:42:39 am
      When I was a lad, and we supported people being oppressed, we called it "solidarity".
      It didn't mean we had been through or completely understood the facts of their oppression, just that we recognised it, and stood with those being oppressed, as in "on their side".
      For 40 years now, the right and far right on both sides of the Atlantic have been waging a culture war, that gathered pace with the widespread use of the internet.
      People found that debating and trying to talk to these folk didn't work, so some started fighting fire with fire.

Free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences, but a minority want to be able to say whatever they feel like with no comebacks.
      So we see arseholes shouting that they want to be able to say whatever they choose. They want to say it to BAME people, muslims, women, Jews, LGBT or whoever they feel like turning their ire on at any given time.
      In other words, they want freedom to bully those they perceive as different.

They don't want to be educated, they don't want to listen to reason, they don't want to hear we're all human beings, they want to be cu*ts for the sake of being cu*ts.

Well, when you get people like that, sometimes you have to fight their intolerance with intolerance of their bigotry, and let me tell you, if more Germans had done that in the 1920's and 30's the world would be a much different place today.

When I see scum, I call them scum, and if that hurts their feelings, f**k them.
      Sometimes you have to stand up and fight scum.

Of course we also have other scum like Murdoch.
      Every country where his rags and news channels preach to the scum (and he knows exactly what he's doing) this problem exists a lot more than where he has no influence.

So because ordinary folk call this sh*t out, it needed a label, and one of those labels is "virtue signalling", used exclusively by right wing scum to try and belittle and crush opposition to their hideous agenda's.
      It's gained traction and taken to mean something else becaue scum media and politicians push the same agenda.

I will never apologise for standing up to cu*ts who want to vicmitise and bully other people, and if that means I'm accused of the childish trope that is "virtue signalling", then so be it.

OK so you must be standing up against Facebook and Twitter who are censoring people they don't agree with then, good to hear.

From my pov its the left and social media who are bullying and harassing anyone on the right, for example how can it be right to ban Trump from Twitter and Facebook yet allow some truly vile bas**rds to stay on the platform including the Ayatollah in Iran who is still calling for death to all Jews?

As regards George Floyd, its tragic that he died, of course it is, but with the amount of Fentanyl in his system he was a heart attack waiting to happen, he was 3 times over the safe limit I think, not sure that's been reported in many places. He was also resisting arrest and a scumbag of a person, certainly not some angel.

The thing that really pisses me off though is that the Police officer who killed the unarmed white woman in the Capitol hill "riot" will not face any investigation whereas Chauvin has had the book thrown at him for following police procedure, will kneeling on the neck now be stopped as a method of restraint, it certainly should be.

Freedom of speech must include freedom to be offended, the only barrier is and must be incitement to violence and hate, much like BLM and several radical politicians have been doing with impunity
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #156: Apr 21, 2021 09:44:55 am

Oh I'm fairly certain he won't rest in peace, if you believe in heaven and hell he would have been heading the other direction, as tragic as his death from a drug overdose was.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 148 
      Reply #157: Apr 21, 2021 09:54:24 am

As regards George Floyd, its tragic that he died, of course it is, but with the amount of Fentanyl in his system he was a heart attack waiting to happen

And if he had a heart attack in a “natural way” then it would be simply on his lifestyle

Someone kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes then that blame shifts
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #158: Apr 21, 2021 10:02:51 am
      And if he had a heart attack in a “natural way” then it would be simply on his lifestyle

Someone kneeling on his neck for 9 minutes then that blame shifts

Yes I agree with that, there was of course blame on the police officer, but he was taught this restraint technique, why??? It also didn't help that he was surrounded by a baying crowd who were threatening the police officer. All in all this was a tragic accident, but from my pov it was manslaughter, nothing more, it certainly had nothing to do with racism or did they prove during the trial that Chauvin had been racist in the past?  Statistics in the US clearly show that more White people are victims of Police shootings/brutality than people from a BAME background so the issue here is Police training rather than a racial angle. It would also be a good idea to tell all people to not resist arrest, even if the Police officer is being a dickhead just do what they say in a clam manner and you'll live to see another day, reach inside your car, resist arrest etc and you are playing with fire.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #159: Apr 22, 2021 08:30:14 am
      Oh I'm fairly certain he won't rest in peace, if you believe in heaven and hell he would have been heading the other direction, as tragic as his death from a drug overdose was.

Give a f**king rest you f**king crank. Type of sh*t you'd probably read in the sun.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,521 posts | 4533 
      Reply #160: Apr 22, 2021 01:44:46 pm
      A police officer in the US state of Ohio has shot dead a 16-year-old black girl while responding to an emergency call over an attempted stabbing.

The teenager involved in the incident, in the state capital Columbus, has been identified as Ma'Khia Bryant.

Columbus police have produced bodycam footage from the scene showing several people attacking a person before the girl is shot multiple times.

An inquiry is under way, with officials urging local residents to remain calm.

The officer involved, who has not yet been named, has been placed on paid administrative leave, US media report.

Early reports are that the officer saved another girls life as the girl that was shot was attacking her with a knife. But that doesn't matter to Lebron who pulled a Trump and basically tried to incite violence with a stupid reactionary tweet.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/crime/2021/04/22/columbus-police-shooting-makhia-bryant-appears-lawful/7318300002/
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,345 posts | 4191 
      Reply #161: Apr 22, 2021 03:49:24 pm
      Early reports are that the officer saved another girls life as the girl that was shot was attacking her with a knife. But that doesn't matter to Lebron who pulled a Trump and basically tried to incite violence with a stupid reactionary tweet.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/crime/2021/04/22/columbus-police-shooting-makhia-bryant-appears-lawful/7318300002/

Officer was in a no win situation, don’t take out the girl with the knife then she potentially kills the other girl, who family then would ask questions why no intervention by the officer/s...

I like to add that the shooting policy in the states needs changing, why can’t they just immobilise perpetrators with a couple of shots to the leg..

I understand excessive force is to be deployed if there was a Wild West shoot out but these deaths are unavoidable in my opinion...

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,521 posts | 4533 
      Reply #162: Apr 22, 2021 04:09:36 pm

I like to add that the shooting policy in the states needs changing, why can’t they just immobilise perpetrators with a couple of shots to the leg..

You know why...because of ambulance chaser litigators. If the police shoot someone to maim or immobilise...the shooting "victim" will then come back and sue.

Everything in this country is a suable offense these days. I mean you had our president threatening to sue people the whole time he was in office.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #163: Apr 22, 2021 04:50:14 pm

Which he then deleted and put up another tweet asking for calm.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,345 posts | 4191 
      Reply #164: Apr 22, 2021 05:01:28 pm
      You know why...because of ambulance chaser litigators. If the police shoot someone to maim or immobilise...the shooting "victim" will then come back and sue.

Everything in this country is a suable offense these days. I mean you had our president threatening to sue people the whole time he was in office.

What the actual... bomboclaat...😳
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,521 posts | 4533 
      Reply #165: Apr 22, 2021 05:15:06 pm
      Which he then deleted and put up another tweet asking for calm.

That's besides the point. He acted like f**king Trump and he's been called to the carpet on it. He's dickhead and has no business being associated with our club. Maybe he should have kept his f**king mouth shut till all the facts came out (like a lot of people on here should do from time to time).

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #166: Apr 22, 2021 05:44:48 pm

:lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #167: Apr 28, 2021 09:12:27 pm
      That's besides the point. He acted like f**king Trump and he's been called to the carpet on it. He's dickhead and has no business being associated with our club. Maybe he should have kept his f**king mouth shut till all the facts came out (like a lot of people on here should do from time to time).

Fuckimg hell lad the sheer mention of Lebron and you start acting like an Evertonian. Get a grip fella!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,752 posts | 3574 
      Reply #168: Apr 28, 2021 11:39:11 pm

Lol not heard that phrase for a few years.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,521 posts | 4533 
      Reply #169: Apr 29, 2021 12:55:30 am
      Fuckimg hell lad the sheer mention of Lebron and you start acting like an Evertonian. Get a grip fella!!

He’s not good for the club and we’d be best to cut ties with him. Not sure if it’s not reached your side of the pond but he’s pretty much considered a clown at best and at worst he’s an  uneducated asshole that tries to sound intelligent on topics that he really has no knowledge of.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,345 posts | 4191 
      Reply #170: Apr 29, 2021 04:51:22 am
      Lol not heard that phrase for a few years.

Hear it every five minutes in my circle of friends... 😂
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,345 posts | 4191 
      Reply #171: Apr 29, 2021 04:59:20 am
      He’s not good for the club and we’d be best to cut ties with him. Not sure if it’s not reached your side of the pond but he’s pretty much considered a clown at best and at worst he’s an  uneducated asshole that tries to sound intelligent on topics that he really has no knowledge of.

Been accused of satanic worship & rituals hasn’t he..?  He’s got this thing he does before matches....

https://m.facebook.com/LBJHatersUnited2016/posts/2776464442412292?locale2=sw_KE
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #172: Apr 29, 2021 04:03:37 pm
      Been accused of satanic worship & rituals hasn’t he..?  He’s got this thing he does before matches....

https://m.facebook.com/LBJHatersUnited2016/posts/2776464442412292?locale2=sw_KE

Hahahahaha you mean by racist gobshites, the types you would of seen all over the Capitol building on Jan 6th.

Quick Reply