Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Everton V Liverpool 19:00 Sun 21st June 2020

Read 13581 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Pre Match: Everton V Liverpool 19:00 Sun 21st June 2020
      Reply #23: Jun 16, 2020 12:07:24 pm
      Smash the cu*ts.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24: Jun 16, 2020 12:24:39 pm
      I forgot there will be 9 subs so I expect you’re right.

I don’t think it’s the stadiums doing that, it’s the TV broadcasters doing that, probably likely to block out the swearing as much as anything.

Personally I hope we don’t put the crowd noise in, I think it would be more of a distraction than anything.

Really don't think crowd noise effects are important right now, we all know the exceptional circumstances that are affecting footy and consequently some outlandish suggestions are made to garnish any attempt to present the game in a sanitised form.
      To illustrate the premise the 'extra' crowd noise played at OT to liven up proceedings makes not an iota of difference also on MOTD with the essential zero volume setting to blank the dickhead presenters - crowd noise or not LFC roll over the opposition.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #25: Jun 16, 2020 02:44:54 pm
      I'm feeling re-born !!
      Nice OP Clint, great to have a match thread back.

Slight typo error tho Clint :
      The Merseyside derby has been cleared to be held at Everton's Goodison Park stadium.
      Don't recall the blue sh*te ever playing at home in their "stadium"
      Don't you mean Everton's Woodison Park shed? .... or Everton's Shithole of a hut?

;D
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #26: Jun 16, 2020 02:50:42 pm
      Mino will def be on the bench after impressing in the warm up games.
      Has he been? Not seen, but that sounds encouraging for us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Jun 16, 2020 02:51:53 pm
      Are the various stadiums going to pipe in the crowd noise, like they do in Bundesliga, I thought I would hate that but its actually better that no noise at all.

The Bundesliga haven't been piping in crowd noise, thats the TV companies. BT and Fox Sports have been doing it with their coverage. Seen the same coverage on German channels  and it's been totally quiet. So it's not the stadiums, it's the tv!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 16, 2020 08:49:45 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #28: Jun 16, 2020 02:53:07 pm
      Has he been? Not seen, but that sounds encouraging for us.

According to Echo reports, he played well in the training match v Blackburn.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #29: Jun 16, 2020 02:54:05 pm
      5-0.

An absolute battering for the blueshite by the soon to be Champions.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: Jun 16, 2020 04:11:20 pm
      Great feeling to be back posting in the pre - match shenanigans.....

Not one to sh*t anyone’s kettle but I think we’re gonna need those two games to be crowned CHAMPIONS,
      there is not a snowballs chance in hell that the feeble Gooners get one over on Citeh @ the Emptihad, the gulf in class is huge irrespective of time away from playing, Pep will want to hit the ground running and build up momentum for the CL, after all, it could be their last involvement for two years🤣🤣,

Similarly at Woodison, the difference being it’s the derby so will be more intensive, no doubt Blueshite will be up for it but without their delusional supporters the advantage if there exists any swings our way, again the gulf in class is colossal ,
      Like HR, I can see us handing out a proper battering,  most will believe we’ll be sluggish, slightly off kilter but I think we’ll go out all guns blazing and play like there was no break, well perhaps not 100% but close enough to hammer Blueshite......

Alisson

Trent.       Gomez.    VVD.  Robertson

Hendo
                                                     The Ox.                          Gini 

Salah.   Firmino.   Mane

Long Bench;  Adrian, Williams, Fabinho, Milner, Keita, Minamino, Origi

Y  N  W  A
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #31: Jun 16, 2020 05:44:13 pm
      Very happy to see match thread back on the main board after the 3 month break. As far as the game goes got the feeling both sides are going to be sloppy and not sharp so mistake will be there, just have to limit ours and make Everton pay for theirs. Line-up goes I would think back 5 and front 3 pick themselves while mid-field could see some different combo's but I feel be the tried and trusted trio.

-----------------------Alisson---------------------
      TAA---------Gomez-----VvD--------Robbo
      --------Hendo------Fabinho------Gini-------
      ------Salah----------Firmino----------Mane-

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Matip, Milner, Ox, Ketia, Jones, Origi, Minamino
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32: Jun 16, 2020 06:16:39 pm
      It's clear city have an unfair home advantage, because they're used to playing in an empty stadium.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Re: Pre Match: Everton V Liverpool 19:00 Sun 21st June 2020 (on Pick TV)
      Reply #33: Jun 16, 2020 07:24:18 pm
      CANNOT WAIT! COME ON!
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #34: Jun 16, 2020 07:42:16 pm
      If we wrap up the league early it will be interesting to see who the gaffer picks for the remaining games. What a opportunity for some of the youth/fringe players.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Jun 16, 2020 09:25:02 pm
      The Bundesliga haven't been piping in crowd noise, thats the TV companies. BT and Fox Sports have been doing it with their coverage. Seen the same coverage on German channels  and it's been totally quiet. So it's not the stadiums, it's the tv!!

Ah OK, well I like it anyway, makes it seem a bit less weird.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Jun 16, 2020 11:26:34 pm
      If we wrap up the league early it will be interesting to see who the gaffer picks for the remaining games. What a opportunity for some of the youth/fringe players.

We can't assume we'll just do it without any drama. It will be difficult for the players in terms of match fitness, timing etc. Obviously all players have played reserve games in almost empty stadiums at some time or another so it won't be completely unkown territory but all players will need game time to back to full match fitness.Obviously the Derby is always intense, and we have to make sure we keep the intensity high if we can.

Hard one to call..1-3.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #37: Jun 17, 2020 03:20:49 am

May be.   However there are still a number of records that we can break and I think the Jürgen Meister will be looking for full strength where possible with the odd player getting a run out.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38: Jun 17, 2020 04:19:19 am
      May be.   However there are still a number of records that we can break and I think the Jürgen Meister will be looking for full strength where possible with the odd player getting a run out.

Jürgen has already said something about how, when we clinch (he probably said "if"), then we progress to the next goal of performing as well as we can in all ways. There will be no coasting for sure. It may be that some players like Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams get a game or two, but Jürgen will continue to pick strong sides.

I think it is better for these young players to get into a team where the other 10 players are veterans and top players, rather than all the kids thrown in together like we've seen with some League Cup matches.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39: Jun 17, 2020 08:55:00 am

Only way to go,play our best team and smash every record going for a club winning the E.P.L. We have waited a long time to win this league,lets do it in style.Smashing Everton at Goodison will be a good way to start.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #40: Jun 17, 2020 09:47:22 am
      Jürgen has already said something about how, when we clinch (he probably said "if"), then we progress to the next goal of performing as well as we can in all ways. There will be no coasting for sure. It may be that some players like Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott and Neco Williams get a game or two, but Jürgen will continue to pick strong sides.

I think it is better for these young players to get into a team where the other 10 players are veterans and top players, rather than all the kids thrown in together like we've seen with some League Cup matches.

Doesn't matter who starts. The point is this lot can't even beat our kids. :lmao: If Everton were playing, I'd draw my curtains. :sleeping-smiley-011:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #41: Jun 17, 2020 10:56:56 am
      Only way to go,play our best team and smash every record going for a club winning the E.P.L.

I was really hoping for us to break the PL points record.  I'm not sure whether this situation is going to make that more or less likely though.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #42: Jun 17, 2020 12:13:14 pm

Of course he will (at least imo).
      You don't take your foot off your opponents throat, you keep it there so that next time they're even more nervous.
      You keep your swagger going.
      It's the only way.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #43: Jun 17, 2020 12:39:12 pm
      This team should still be able to break the records even while mixing one or two youngsters in with the first team now and then, looking at the fixtures there's no reason our first team with Neco Williams and Curtis Jones for example cant beat the likes of Villa, Burnley, and Arsenal comfortably. That said I could not give a flying F**k once the league is won and hendo is shuffling his feet.
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #44: Jun 17, 2020 01:27:34 pm
      I forgot there will be 9 subs so I expect you’re right.

I don’t think it’s the stadiums doing that, it’s the TV broadcasters doing that, probably likely to block out the swearing as much as anything.

Personally I hope we don’t put the crowd noise in, I think it would be more of a distraction than anything.

I think the lack of crowd noise will affect the home team more; the contrast will be all the greater when most other things look the same, but the terraces are empty. That's to our advantage against Everton. It will be like having two away teams.
      There will have to be a period of adjustment when players have been out so long. I think defensive alignments will be out of kilter compared to a normal season at this stage. The question is which team will capitalise on that better. I expect Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin to get physical and start bashing bodies around. Virgil and Joe will have to keep forcing them wide and get the midfielders to cover the spaces inside. Players will tire more easily in these special conditions; it'll be emotional as much as physical. Even with extra subs, there might be late goals on that account. Which is why bench strength will count. I think our club is better placed there, so we will get the job done late on.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #45: Jun 17, 2020 02:26:16 pm
      Match day thread. brilliant.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :clap:

Quick Reply