Trending Topics

Next match: Brighton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 8th Jul @ 8:15 pm
      Amex Stadium

Today is the 6th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      30 (34.5%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (5.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (9.2%)
       Fabinho
      5 (5.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      28 (32.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (5.7%)
      Takumi Minamino
      2 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.1%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Jun 25, 2020 08:51:33 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 2772 times
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,168 posts | 2326 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #250: Jun 22, 2020 08:47:44 am
      We struggled against a well parked Bus.
      Not the first time that has happened it’s just not suited to our style of play and even more so when Salah was not playing.

Everton were very good in defence and organisation, unfortunately no rust shown by them. We need to figure out a way of beating that system otherwise more and more teams will start to do it and we'll be a bit fu**ed.
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 629 posts | 96 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #251: Jun 22, 2020 08:47:47 am
      I actually thought we did ok in patches and thought Naby looked more like himself. Lacked bite up top but not a bad result. A definite get yourselves going game in prep for Wednesday, where we will see a more potent team performance.
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,615 posts | 1322 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #252: Jun 22, 2020 08:52:36 am
      That's 7 draws out of the last 8 matches there isn't it?

Just normal service resumed then.

5 points to go.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,456 posts | 660 
      Reply #253: Jun 22, 2020 08:59:34 am
      Are you still bleating on about how people are supposed to be reacting to things? First it’s transfers now it’s results. Give us all a break FFS would you?

Maybe put yourself on ignore to save the rest of us the trouble :lmao:

I guess it was just in response to you bleating on about owners not spending money  :roll:

It’s amazing how the internet fans are more concerned about transfers than results
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,456 posts | 660 
      Reply #254: Jun 22, 2020 08:59:50 am
      That's 7 draws out of the last 8 matches there isn't it?

Just normal service resumed then.

5 points to go.

Depends if you are talking just the league results
      Heighway Patrol
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #255: Jun 22, 2020 09:02:38 am
      As for lovren i don’t think I’ve  ever seen a player in LFC red that unsettles our back line as much as he doe,talk about throwing a cat among the pigeons.

I can see it, you can see it but worse the opponents can see it!  :mad:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,096 posts | 616 
      Reply #256: Jun 22, 2020 09:25:14 am
      Carlo set Everton up as if it was an AC Milan away game shut out. He went into Italian defensive mode.Parked the bus in the second half and plenty of the first half. Somebody should tell him he's in the Premier league now...he only got away with it as the fans were missing.

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,168 posts | 2326 
      Reply #257: Jun 22, 2020 09:32:04 am
      Carlo set Everton up as if it was an AC Milan away game shut out. He went into Italian defensive mode.Parked the bus in the second half and plenty of the first half. Somebody should tell him he's in the Premier league now...he only got away with it as the fans were missing.

It was incredibly negative tactics and ironically only worked because there were no fans in the ground, otherwise they would have been booing their teams lack of ambition.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,168 posts | 2326 
      Reply #258: Jun 22, 2020 09:34:19 am
      BTW I've just realised that not only can City drop points tonight, Burnley if in a dogged frame of mind can be just as much a pain in the arse as the Bitters were yesterday, but they also play the Chavs away on Thursday and that is definitely NOT an easy fixture so we may well get the guard of honour at the Etihad after all. :-)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,671 posts | 1610 
      Reply #259: Jun 22, 2020 09:34:59 am
      I dont think we will string a load of wins together now but we will get the points we need soon enough. I'm thinking at home to Villa but it would be lovely to claim the trophy at the Etihad.

We could just pop into their cabinet and bring it home with us.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,096 posts | 616 
      Reply #260: Jun 22, 2020 09:37:20 am
      It was incredibly negative tactics and ironically only worked because there were no fans in the ground, otherwise they would have been booing their teams lack of ambition.

I suppose old habits die hard. Carlo is a cunning old fox and he used the circumstances. Getting stuffed or go for a shut out...what would you do..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,671 posts | 1610 
      Reply #261: Jun 22, 2020 09:38:12 am
      BTW I've just realised that not only can City drop points tonight, Burnley if in a dogged frame of mind can be just as much a pain in the arse as the Bitters were yesterday, but they also play the Chavs away on Thursday and that is definitely NOT an easy fixture so we may well get the guard of honour at the Etihad after all. :-)

The other good thing is they go from that tough away game to playing us with very little rest while we have the full week to get ready for it.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 248 posts | 73 
      • up the reds
      Reply #262: Jun 22, 2020 10:12:10 am

As for lovren i don’t think I’ve  ever seen a player in LFC red that unsettles our back line as much as he doe,talk about throwing a cat among the pigeons.
      Many a time ive backed up for Lovren in conversations because I don't like Liverpool players being ripped into and scapegoated (like against watford) but based on that cameo he had last night he should not be remotely near the first team until the thing is won! If milner Matip and Robertson are all out for the game against Palace I would play Gomez left back again and drop Fabinho back to partner Virgil and then pop Gini back into midfield. No way in hell I would play Lovren he might just make Benteke look half decent Wednesday
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,615 posts | 1322 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #263: Jun 22, 2020 10:27:20 am

Depends if you are talking just the league results

I was, just trying to give a bit of perspective if people are pissed off that we never steam rolled them after a 3 month lay off.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,112 posts | 665 
      Reply #264: Jun 22, 2020 10:30:38 am
      As dour as it was, it was due to one team trying to play footy and score goals, and the other putting up s defensive wall and looking for a lucky break.

And they say they weren’t concerned about playing us. FFS they looked terrified to come out of their own box aside from about 5 moments, and of course when they decided to target Lovren last 10 mins.
      And you know what, bitters will be celebrating that point. Sad bas**rds.
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,615 posts | 1322 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #265: Jun 22, 2020 10:31:56 am
      As dour as it was, it was due to one team trying to play footy and score goals, and the other putting up s defensive wall and looking for a lucky break.

And they say they weren’t concerned about playing us. FFS they looked terrified to come out of their own box aside from about 5 moments, and of course when they decided to target Lovren last 10 mins.
      And you know what, bitters will be celebrating that point. Sad bas**rds.

This, nice and succinct and entirely accurate.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,455 posts | 365 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #266: Jun 22, 2020 10:39:51 am
      1st game back v the Everton, had draw written all over it, and so it proved. Considering we had no salah & robbo, and then lost milner & Matip to injuries, and they almost got a very undeserved lucky goal. I take the point and 1 step closer to the title.

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,168 posts | 2326 
      Reply #267: Jun 22, 2020 10:49:41 am
      The other good thing is they go from that tough away game to playing us with very little rest while we have the full week to get ready for it.

Hmm, not sure how much of an advantage that is for us to be honest, they play Chelsea on Thursday then the Geordies in FA cup on Sunday, where they can probably rotate quite heavily, then us on Thursday. If anything its an advantage to them as its an extra match to find rhythm etc.  If I was Jürgen I'd almost be tempted to arrange another friendly in between Palace and City.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,813 posts | 4810 
      Reply #268: Jun 22, 2020 10:53:39 am
      It does look pretty obvious to me that we aren't going to steamroll through the rest of the season. 

I'm sure we'll win the league at some point over the next 2 or 3 games and then the last five games will be played at a more pedestrian pace.  If City had pushed us harder this season we might have got 100+ points but from this point forward I don't see it happening now.

Weirdly, the fact we didn't beat Everton might make the game v City a much more interesting spectacle than it would have been otherwise. 
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,168 posts | 2326 
      Reply #269: Jun 22, 2020 11:06:15 am
      It does look pretty obvious to me that we aren't going to steamroll through the rest of the season. 

I'm sure we'll win the league at some point over the next 2 or 3 games and then the last five games will be played at a more pedestrian pace.  If City had pushed us harder this season we might have got 100+ points but from this point forward I don't see it happening now.

Weirdly, the fact we didn't beat Everton might make the game v City a much more interesting spectacle than it would have been otherwise. 

I'm not so sure, yes we had an iffy game yesterday, but it was against an Ancelotti ultra defensive team, similar to Napoli. We simply have not found a way yet how to beat teams like that but luckily there aren't many teams who play that well defensively or who want to play like that.
      The real test is Wednesday, as silly as it sounds its almost an must win game because if we lose that then some jitters might start to creep in, especially if City then beat us.
      I don't think that will happen though, I think we'll beat both of them as I think City will be desperate to beat us, leaving them open to our counter attack and surely we must have enough to beat Palace at Anfield, I think we'll see a good reaction and with those 2 results and the league secured we'll go on another winning streak until the end of the season and smash the points record setting a record that will never be beaten.
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,957 posts | 2249 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #270: Jun 22, 2020 11:24:49 am
      Did Lovern play on the right? He likes to be on the right... the far right I believe.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,671 posts | 1610 
      Reply #271: Jun 22, 2020 11:49:38 am
      Hmm, not sure how much of an advantage that is for us to be honest, they play Chelsea on Thursday then the Geordies in FA cup on Sunday, where they can probably rotate quite heavily, then us on Thursday. If anything its an advantage to them as its an extra match to find rhythm etc.  If I was Jürgen I'd almost be tempted to arrange another friendly in between Palace and City.

My bad thought we were the next game after them not the FA cup
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #272: Jun 22, 2020 12:08:04 pm
      2 issues carried forward from pre Covid:
      Lackluster offense
      Lovren

Their lack of shots on net is stunning.
      The sucktitude of Lovren is not
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 35,813 posts | 4810 
      Reply #273: Jun 22, 2020 12:22:58 pm
      Their lack of shots on net is stunning.

We were definitely restricted to attempts from free kicks or corners.

I remember Firmino dragging a shot wide but there wasn't much else from free play.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,096 posts | 616 
      Reply #274: Jun 22, 2020 12:29:32 pm
      On the subs front..all 9 of them. JoGo came on for Jim lad...then the Ox came out for second half replacing Mini.Then Div came on for Bobby..then Gini for Nabby..then enter the dragon..Mr.Lovren for Joey Mat. 5 subs..not often yer see that and unfortunately the only one who had an impact was Mr.Lovren..and that was a bit negative..(he fell over..twice).

I'd rather see the team selected given almost the full game unless their injured or having a 'mare.
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2020 12:34:38 pm by Harrisimo »

Quick Reply