Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      30 (34.5%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (5.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (9.2%)
       Fabinho
      5 (5.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      28 (32.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (5.7%)
      Takumi Minamino
      2 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.1%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Voting closed: Jun 25, 2020 08:51:33 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17832 times
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #207: Jun 21, 2020 09:10:38 pm
      I voted for Becker for MOTM 

I think I should get it because I watched it in the car on my phone and I think my Liverpool shirt has more sweat in it than any of the lads
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #208: Jun 21, 2020 09:11:39 pm
       I am a bit nieve but we were very poo tonight, Carlo did it right, ie not to lose we needed Robbo. But being the first game,so I can see it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #209: Jun 21, 2020 09:24:00 pm
      Frustrating game, the subs were all terrible, especially Gini and Dejan, but let's remember that it's a game which is always nervy and almost always a draw.
      Carlo is turning Everton into an ultra defensive boring team
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #210: Jun 21, 2020 09:24:52 pm
      We weren't great but another point closer, move on for Wednesday now
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #211: Jun 21, 2020 09:28:16 pm
      Played like a team that hadn’t played a game in 106 days. That said I was delighted to see us back!
      Keita shouldn’t have been substituted in my opinion and Lovren really unsettled us at the end. Hope Robertson is fit on Wednesday so Gomez can partner Virgil.
      Wish some of the other’s had the urgency of Matip, he played some great balls into the forwards.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #212: Jun 21, 2020 09:35:20 pm
      Kelly cates is class and maybe it’s nothing to do with her, but sky peddling the , TITLE RACE IS COMPLICATED now is bananas
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #213: Jun 21, 2020 09:40:20 pm
      Played like a team that hadn’t played a game in 106 days. That said I was delighted to see us back!
      Keita shouldn’t have been substituted in my opinion and Lovren really unsettled us at the end. Hope Robertson is fit on Wednesday so Gomez can partner Virgil.
      Wish some of the other’s had the urgency of Matip, he played some great balls into the forwards.

Agree Joel did well, as did Keira. Fab was my MOTM and Ali was good when needed

I think some of the subs were dictated by the med staff.

If Robbo can't go Wednesday (and not being on the bench makes me doubt he will be), think it is better to use Larouci at left back and let Gomez partner with Virgil. Joe did alright at left back but I'd rather keep Lovren off the park if possible.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #214: Jun 21, 2020 09:44:40 pm
      Agree Joel did well, as did Keira. Fab was my MOTM and Ali was good when needed

I think some of the subs were dictated by the med staff.

If Robbo can't go Wednesday (and not being on the bench makes me doubt he will be), think it is better to use Larouci at left back and let Gomez partner with Virgil. Joe did alright at left back but I'd rather keep Lovren off the park if possible.
      Zaha likes to swap wings from time to time so I’m not as keen as you about larouci haha
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #215: Jun 21, 2020 09:48:54 pm
      Zaha likes to swap wings from time to time so I’m not as keen as you about larouci haha

Valid point.

But after watching them target Lovren today, I'd be willing to risk it.
      rymatt
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #216: Jun 21, 2020 09:51:29 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #217: Jun 21, 2020 09:58:40 pm
      We all know it wasn't going to be perfect after the recent events of the world, but I expected a lot better than that. Obviously there will be an element of rustiness but in truth, it was no better or worse than our final few performances before the break. Laboured performances by the majority, no real threat to their goal and poor substitutions by Klopp. Ox for Minamino was the wrong choice seeing as Ox is no real threat when he plays out wide and it showed again, Keita going off was the wrong choice and Lovren was a disaster like usual. When Matip went off we really should have put Fab to CB and put Salah on, as soon as Lovren came on we gave them an invitation to attack and we were lucky to come away with a draw by the end of it. The fact he fell over about twice trying to tackle Richarlison and stood like a statue when a cross came in really set the tone for him.

Origi again highlighted why we can't really afford to go another season with him as the main player to call upon from the bench.

Overall, a point closer but a very disappointing night.

Well in to Alisson and Gomez though, they kept us in it at the end.
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2020 10:03:53 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      +10
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #218: Jun 21, 2020 10:06:12 pm
      Origi again highlighted why we can't really afford to go another season with him as the main player to call upon from the bench.
      Seen the bbc had up an article recently stating the African football confederation are still hoping for the Afcon to take place in January. We might have no choice but to strengthen in this position.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #219: Jun 21, 2020 10:21:13 pm
      We all know it wasn't going to be perfect after the recent events of the world, but I expected a lot better than that. Obviously there will be an element of rustiness but in truth, it was no better or worse than our final few performances before the break. Laboured performances by the majority, no real threat to their goal and poor substitutions by Klopp. Ox for Minamino was the wrong choice seeing as Ox is no real threat when he plays out wide and it showed again, Keita going off was the wrong choice and Lovren was a disaster like usual. When Matip went off we really should have put Fab to CB and put Salah on, as soon as Lovren came on we gave them an invitation to attack and we were lucky to come away with a draw by the end of it. The fact he fell over about twice trying to tackle Richarlison and stood like a statue when a cross came in really set the tone for him.

Fair assessment. Not the ideal game for either side to start the remaining games with.

Yes we do need forward cover due to Afcon with players missing ...thats why my money is on Adama Traore coming in.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #220: Jun 21, 2020 10:35:46 pm

100% spot on to a tee. Whisper it quietly if we don’t increase our levels City will put 3 past us going off this rounds performance anyway
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #221: Jun 21, 2020 10:42:41 pm
      Fair assessment. Not the ideal game for either side to start the remaining games with.

Yes we do need forward cover due to Afcon with players missing ...thats why my money is on Adama Traore coming in.

It will have to be your money because it doesn’t sound like LFC are spending any.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #222: Jun 21, 2020 10:44:09 pm
      Must admit not confident when Lovren came on !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #223: Jun 21, 2020 10:44:36 pm
      Christ what a bunch of misery some are

Still crying about not buying Werner

Talking about getting smashed by City

Are people that depressed about a dour derby of which it’s not the first , seen many shocking derby games , it’s a barometer for F**k all else , even more so when it’s the first game for months
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #224: Jun 21, 2020 11:29:47 pm
      I guess only positives come from this game was performances from Gomez, Fabinho, Alisson and getting the magic number to the title down to 5 points.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #225: Jun 21, 2020 11:32:25 pm
      Big fan of us drawing against Palace and winning the league beating Man City. 😂
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #226: Jun 21, 2020 11:44:43 pm
      Just want to  hand it to some of you for immediately getting back to mid-season form when it comes to magnifying every possible negative and making a season-long romp to the title look like a perpetual crisis en route to a colossal failure of a campaign.

You have no equal when it comes to seeing things glass-half-empty. None.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #227: Jun 21, 2020 11:54:11 pm
      Klopp says Robertson and Salah will be fit and ready for Wednesday vs. Palace. https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/399408-Jürgen-klopp-mohamed-salah-andy-robertson-fitness

“It’s a really special time and in this time, after four weeks’ pre-season and preparation, we cannot ignore that we play again on Wednesday. I just can’t. It’s not the last game of the season, so I have to think a little bit about it.

“Some players couldn’t train in the last week – they trained, but not with the team – like Mo and Robbo, but yesterday they were in training and both looked really good. That’s why Mo is in the squad, Robbo not yet but on Wednesday [he will be] again.

“For Robbo, it was better to have a proper session today and then be in for Wednesday, and for Mo it is the right thing to do it like this.”

I feel better already.

Champions in a week.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #228: Jun 22, 2020 12:05:59 am
      No need for any gloom, we weren't sharp today and Ancelotti set Everton up to frustrate us, its as simple as that. Typical tight nervy Derby game, we'll win our next 2 games.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #229: Jun 22, 2020 12:42:46 am
      Bit of a frustrating game but we survived. Bit more risk/reward play might've paid off but still. Lovren..tut tut..

On to the next one. Bit sharper to get the attack going quicker and we should be fine. Mane and Keita looked sharp and the side will have shaken off the cobwebs and will be better for it.

Quick Reply