Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      30 (34.5%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (5.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (9.2%)
       Fabinho
      5 (5.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      28 (32.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (5.7%)
      Takumi Minamino
      2 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.1%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Voting closed: Jun 25, 2020 08:51:33 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17846 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: LIVE: Everton v Liverpool
      Reply #230: Jun 22, 2020 01:00:01 am
      Absolute rubbish.

Arnold easily the worst on the pitch and just summed up the non caring attitude. If he can't be bothered.. no surprise that there was little effort from anyone else.

Very ordinary post. There was plenty of effort, lacked a bit of risk/reward play but Trent was trying. If he doesn't play out of his skin he gets slated. We were up against 10 deep in the second half and we were ring rusty. Dominated possession but just lacked a bit of invention.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #231: Jun 22, 2020 02:06:22 am
      Just want to  hand it to some of you for immediately getting back to mid-season form when it comes to magnifying every possible negative and making a season-long romp to the title look like a perpetual crisis en route to a colossal failure of a campaign.

If you can't win every match 4-0 then what is the point  :f_tongueincheek:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #232: Jun 22, 2020 03:25:55 am
      Christ what a bunch of misery some are

Still crying about not buying Werner

Talking about getting smashed by City

Are people that depressed about a dour derby of which it’s not the first , seen many shocking derby games , it’s a barometer for f**k all else , even more so when it’s the first game for months

Are you still bleating on about how people are supposed to be reacting to things? First it’s transfers now it’s results. Give us all a break FFS would you?

Maybe put yourself on ignore to save the rest of us the trouble :lmao:

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #233: Jun 22, 2020 03:27:56 am
      Very ordinary post. There was plenty of effort, lacked a bit of risk/reward play but Trent was trying. If he doesn't play out of his skin he gets slated. We were up against 10 deep in the second half and we were ring rusty. Dominated possession but just lacked a bit of invention.

Thought Trent struggled a bit getting forward in the first half but that was likely due to Minamino occupying that space. He was more dangerous in the second half and his free kicks definitely troubled Everton.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #234: Jun 22, 2020 06:38:46 am
      Rusty for sure, but we still controlled it until Lovren came on, then we looked ripe for the picking. Thank F**k for Ali and Gomez at the end!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #235: Jun 22, 2020 06:52:01 am
      For me Keita was the best player on the pitch but Alisson saved us one point.

On to next Wednesday. We need to improve.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #236: Jun 22, 2020 07:34:00 am
      Rusty for sure, but we still controlled it until Lovren came on, then we looked ripe for the picking. Thank f**k for Ali and Gomez at the end!
      Yeah mate deffo rusty as F**k ,I suppose like many of us I expected us to come straight out the blocks but that was certainly naive of me considering it’s been over 3 months since we played a PL match.
      As for lovren i don’t think I’ve  ever seen a player in LFC red that unsettles our back line as much as he doe,talk about throwing a cat among the pigeons. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #237: Jun 22, 2020 07:53:59 am
      The only thing that irritates me a bit is how City can look fresh as a daisy and super slick in their first game back whilst we looked very rusty, how in the hell do City do that? Yes I know they were playing a poor Arsenal team but some of their movement and passes in that game were fantastic, the same cannot be said of us, I really struggle to think of a single good move we had, I mean we hardly had a single meaningful shot on goal did we.

Anyway lets hope its just ringrust and not a bigger problem carried over from when the league was suspended, if you all remember we were really huffing and puffing at the end, was it 4 losses out of 6 or something?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #238: Jun 22, 2020 07:57:48 am
      Our first game back was a derby!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #239: Jun 22, 2020 08:09:31 am
      Our first game back was a derby!!

Fair point, but we still played badly. Wednesday's game is actually quite important now, lose or draw that one and a little bit of pressure will creep in because guess who's up after that!

I actually think we will be fine and we'll smash Palace and quite possibly beat Citeh as well, but I'll keep banging my drum about the need for one more forward, we see how much it fucks us up when just one forward is missing, we have to get a decent back up there.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #240: Jun 22, 2020 08:14:32 am
      We struggled against a well parked Bus.
      Not the first time that has happened it’s just not suited to our style of play and even more so when Salah was not playing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #241: Jun 22, 2020 08:47:44 am
      We struggled against a well parked Bus.
      Not the first time that has happened it’s just not suited to our style of play and even more so when Salah was not playing.

Everton were very good in defence and organisation, unfortunately no rust shown by them. We need to figure out a way of beating that system otherwise more and more teams will start to do it and we'll be a bit fu**ed.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #242: Jun 22, 2020 08:47:47 am
      I actually thought we did ok in patches and thought Naby looked more like himself. Lacked bite up top but not a bad result. A definite get yourselves going game in prep for Wednesday, where we will see a more potent team performance.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #243: Jun 22, 2020 08:59:34 am
      Are you still bleating on about how people are supposed to be reacting to things? First it’s transfers now it’s results. Give us all a break FFS would you?

Maybe put yourself on ignore to save the rest of us the trouble :lmao:

I guess it was just in response to you bleating on about owners not spending money  :roll:

It’s amazing how the internet fans are more concerned about transfers than results
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #244: Jun 22, 2020 08:59:50 am
      That's 7 draws out of the last 8 matches there isn't it?

Just normal service resumed then.

5 points to go.

Depends if you are talking just the league results
      Heighway Patrol
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #245: Jun 22, 2020 09:02:38 am
      As for lovren i don’t think I’ve  ever seen a player in LFC red that unsettles our back line as much as he doe,talk about throwing a cat among the pigeons.

I can see it, you can see it but worse the opponents can see it!  :mad:
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #246: Jun 22, 2020 09:25:14 am
      Carlo set Everton up as if it was an AC Milan away game shut out. He went into Italian defensive mode.Parked the bus in the second half and plenty of the first half. Somebody should tell him he's in the Premier league now...he only got away with it as the fans were missing.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #247: Jun 22, 2020 09:32:04 am
      Carlo set Everton up as if it was an AC Milan away game shut out. He went into Italian defensive mode.Parked the bus in the second half and plenty of the first half. Somebody should tell him he's in the Premier league now...he only got away with it as the fans were missing.

It was incredibly negative tactics and ironically only worked because there were no fans in the ground, otherwise they would have been booing their teams lack of ambition.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #248: Jun 22, 2020 09:34:19 am
      BTW I've just realised that not only can City drop points tonight, Burnley if in a dogged frame of mind can be just as much a pain in the arse as the Bitters were yesterday, but they also play the Chavs away on Thursday and that is definitely NOT an easy fixture so we may well get the guard of honour at the Etihad after all. :-)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #249: Jun 22, 2020 09:34:59 am
      I dont think we will string a load of wins together now but we will get the points we need soon enough. I'm thinking at home to Villa but it would be lovely to claim the trophy at the Etihad.

We could just pop into their cabinet and bring it home with us.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #250: Jun 22, 2020 09:37:20 am
      It was incredibly negative tactics and ironically only worked because there were no fans in the ground, otherwise they would have been booing their teams lack of ambition.

I suppose old habits die hard. Carlo is a cunning old fox and he used the circumstances. Getting stuffed or go for a shut out...what would you do..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #251: Jun 22, 2020 09:38:12 am
      BTW I've just realised that not only can City drop points tonight, Burnley if in a dogged frame of mind can be just as much a pain in the arse as the Bitters were yesterday, but they also play the Chavs away on Thursday and that is definitely NOT an easy fixture so we may well get the guard of honour at the Etihad after all. :-)

The other good thing is they go from that tough away game to playing us with very little rest while we have the full week to get ready for it.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #252: Jun 22, 2020 10:12:10 am

Many a time ive backed up for Lovren in conversations because I don't like Liverpool players being ripped into and scapegoated (like against watford) but based on that cameo he had last night he should not be remotely near the first team until the thing is won! If milner Matip and Robertson are all out for the game against Palace I would play Gomez left back again and drop Fabinho back to partner Virgil and then pop Gini back into midfield. No way in hell I would play Lovren he might just make Benteke look half decent Wednesday

Quick Reply