Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      30 (34.5%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (5.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (9.2%)
       Fabinho
      5 (5.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      28 (32.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (5.7%)
      Takumi Minamino
      2 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.1%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Voting closed: Jun 25, 2020 08:51:33 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17873 times
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Jun 23, 2020 01:34:12 pm
      Many a time ive backed up for Lovren in conversations because I don't like Liverpool players being ripped into and scapegoated (like against watford) but based on that cameo he had last night he should not be remotely near the first team until the thing is won! If milner Matip and Robertson are all out for the game against Palace I would play Gomez left back again and drop Fabinho back to partner Virgil and then pop Gini back into midfield. No way in hell I would play Lovren he might just make Benteke look half decent Wednesday
      It's got to be Joe or Joel, for sure. Depends on Matip's fitness, perhaps.
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #277: Jun 23, 2020 01:44:25 pm
      Did Lovern play on the right? He likes to be on the right... the far right I believe.
      "Far right" just about describes it. The body might have been on the pitch, but the head was far right, up there in the second tier of the grandstand.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #278: Jun 23, 2020 02:31:16 pm
      It's got to be Joe or Joel, for sure. Depends on Matip's fitness, perhaps.
      Klopps ruled out Joel in the presser earlier. Says Robbo is ready though so thankfully Gomez can partner Virgil again.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #279: Jun 23, 2020 08:32:07 pm
      Thought we looked very lethargic throughout the whole game, hope we pick up the pace against Palace
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #280: Jun 24, 2020 08:45:52 am
      I think they have given up trying to beat us nowadays, that they just look to see how many 0-0 draws they can squeeze out of us. They still haven't scored a home goal against Jürgen, never mind win a game. Their high point of the season is not losing to us in their kip. You would be annoyed if your Sunday league team had a portakabin for a dressing room. For it to happen at this level is a disgrace.

The game was what it usually is there, awful.
      As at many other clubs, the 3 month long siesta didn't help our medical staff much. Other than that, it felt more like a Sunday evening stroll in the park, than a crunch local derby with the title at stake.

I will never understand why there was just 3 minutes added on at the end though. 8 subs in the second half alone would bring 4 minutes stoppage time, more time for injuries leading to the subs, 2 minutes more for what's laughably called a "cooling break", and more minutes for the usual stoppages and their time wasting. It should have been at least 8 minutes, possibly 10. Maybe Dean wanted to get the last bus home or something, but 3 minutes was a joke when the average game nowadays sees at least 5 minutes. Of course I understand that we would probably be there til now and it would still be 0-0.

After all the apocalyptic forecasts though, I want to say thanks to our fans for reminding South Yorkshire Police again that even now, we are football fans, not fools.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #281: Jun 24, 2020 05:01:15 pm
      I think they have given up trying to beat us nowadays, that they just look to see how many 0-0 draws they can squeeze out of us. They still haven't scored a home goal against Jürgen, never mind win a game. Their high point of the season is not losing to us in their kip. You would be annoyed if your Sunday league team had a portakabin for a dressing room. For it to happen at this level is a disgrace.

The game was what it usually is there, awful.
      As at many other clubs, the 3 month long siesta didn't help our medical staff much. Other than that, it felt more like a Sunday evening stroll in the park, than a crunch local derby with the title at stake.

I will never understand why there was just 3 minutes added on at the end though. 8 subs in the second half alone would bring 4 minutes stoppage time, more time for injuries leading to the subs, 2 minutes more for what's laughably called a "cooling break", and more minutes for the usual stoppages and their time wasting. It should have been at least 8 minutes, possibly 10. Maybe Dean wanted to get the last bus home or something, but 3 minutes was a joke when the average game nowadays sees at least 5 minutes. Of course I understand that we would probably be there til now and it would still be 0-0.

After all the apocalyptic forecasts though, I want to say thanks to our fans for reminding South Yorkshire Police again that even now, we are football fans, not fools.

Your right about the add on.They are supposed to add on 30 seconds for every sub. Considering they upped the sub count to 9 but just didn't bother to re emphasis to the refs to make up for the water break and the subs. We were short changed out of 3/4 minutes.

Yes South Yorkshire Police nearly ruined the re start, lucky the League took the right decision on that, makes a change for them.

Game wise Carlo went into Italian defensive mode. Bottled it really, didn't want to get turned over again.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #282: Jun 24, 2020 05:38:00 pm
      Your right about the add on.They are supposed to add on 30 seconds for every sub. Considering they upped the sub count to 9 but just didn't bother to re emphasis to the refs to make up for the water break and the subs. We were short changed out of 3/4 minutes.

Yes South Yorkshire Police nearly ruined the re start, lucky the League took the right decision on that, makes a change for them.

Game wise Carlo went into Italian defensive mode. Bottled it really, didn't want to get turned over again.

Some of the subs come during "designated windows", and drinks breaks, where the clock is stopped.

It's all very F***ing strange though.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #283: Jun 24, 2020 06:36:27 pm
      I’m watching Norwich v Bitters.
      I see bitters can get more the three players ahead of their own 18 yd box without getting nose bleeds.
      Just confirms how much they respect/fear us.
      They will play footy against sides of their own ilk. Mid to bottom table 😂😂😂

Will say though, Norwich looking the better side.

Quick Reply