Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (24 June 2020 - 8:15pm)

Read 6892 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (24 June 2020 - 8:15pm)
      Jun 23, 2020 11:03:29 am

Liverpool take on in form Crystal Palace at Anfield on Wednesday.  A win would move the reds to within 2 points of the Premier League title.

Palace have the best form record in the league - having won their last four games.

They are 4 points behind 5th placed Man United.

Since the restart they beat Bournemouth away 2-0 in the UK's first live game on terrestrial TV for 32 years.

Liverpool narrowly beat Palace 2-1 after an 85th minute winner by Roberto Firmino back in November.

The game is live on Sky in the UK.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace (24 June 2020 - 8:15pm)
      Reply #1: Jun 23, 2020 11:08:32 am
      Beating a very poor Bournemouth side is no indication of whether they are in form or not, this is a really tough game to call but I feel like we'll bounce back from the Everton game, not that we were that terrible.

We'll have Mo and Robbo back and that should make a big difference, give us that cutting edge back in attack.

I'm going for a 3-1 win to us.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2: Jun 23, 2020 11:23:49 am
      Beating a very poor Bournemouth side is no indication of whether they are in form or not, this is a really tough game to call but I feel like we'll bounce back from the Everton game, not that we were that terrible.

We'll have Mo and Robbo back and that should make a big difference, give us that cutting edge back in attack.

I'm going for a 3-1 win to us.

Yup, Bournemouth are relegation material and look worse by the game.

Robbo and Mo will make a huge difference to our attacking threat on both flanks.

If we don't put at least 2 past Palace I'd be a little worried.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3: Jun 23, 2020 01:04:29 pm
      City have scored 8 goals in two games to draw level with us on GD.

Perhaps that will be the rocket up the a...e for the lads to kick on. 

Shouldn't need it though. We are so close I can nearly touch it !
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #4: Jun 23, 2020 01:17:37 pm
      We've won only once in the last 5 games.

Be nice to see us play good football and score a few goals. My nerves need it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5: Jun 23, 2020 01:34:19 pm
      1 win in the last 5 games in all competitions, time we hit good form again and what better way than to virtually clinch the title vs the team that played a big part in us missing out 5 or so years ago.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #6: Jun 23, 2020 02:59:38 pm
      Doesn’t matter. 5 more points from 8 remaining matches. We can crawl our way there. I’ll take 5 boring draws and lose 3 up to the very last day. Call me out for lack of ambition or a disgrace to be associated with you. As long as we celebrate eventually, I don’t really care even if we lose 5-0 here or pick up sloppy points here and there. We’re looking at the big picture and end result. The war. Not the battle.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7: Jun 23, 2020 04:52:47 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

We need to win this because nervous will creep in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #8: Jun 23, 2020 04:58:25 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

We need to win this because nervous will creep in.

You better believe it, God forbid we would lose this game going into the City game with the way they have opened up.

I'm just simply baffled as to why we have found it so hard to batter teams like we used to. Don't think it's time to panic, but if we don't get 3 points in this game, it's going to start getting nervy.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #9: Jun 23, 2020 05:04:22 pm
      You better believe it, God forbid we would lose this game going into the City game with the way they have opened up.

I'm just simply baffled as to why we have found it so hard to batter teams like we used to. Don't think it's time to panic, but if we don't get 3 points in this game, it's going to start getting nervy.

Exactly, we need to gel again. We are short of match fitness. Come on Reds. Without our fans they will find it more difficult.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10: Jun 23, 2020 05:04:22 pm
      I'm just simply baffled as to why we have found it so hard to batter teams like we used to.

Because we’ve become quite predictable and can’t really mix it up because our options on the bench and to come into the tram aren’t good enough.

We very much only have one way of playing.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #11: Jun 23, 2020 05:11:48 pm
      Defo missed Robbo's energy down the left, so hopefully should create a lot more with him playing, and for me Gomez and Van dijk all day long,and hopefully Firmino can find some form, thought he was way off it,on sunday, should still have more than enough for Palace
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12: Jun 23, 2020 06:15:48 pm
      Because we’ve become quite predictable and can’t really mix it up because our options on the bench and to come into the tram aren’t good enough.

We very much only have one way of playing.

We mix it up all the time.
      We go wide, long, short, quick, slow, direct, depending on the shape of the opposition at any given moment in a match.

Our failures have been an inability to take advantage of opponents mistakes, because they have sometimes been able to recover more quickly than we can exploit.

We're on track for a club and league record points haul, which I'd say refutes any notion that we can't "mix it up".
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #13: Jun 23, 2020 06:39:56 pm
      Not expecting a fluid performance again - as I said on Sunday it will take a while for us to get going.

Hopefully have enough to get the job done though.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #14: Jun 23, 2020 07:35:15 pm
      So if we beat Palace and city fail to beat Chelsea, we are the champs? I'd prefer winning if we are playing (unlike the way Leicester which was ironically when they are relying on Chelsea to not lose), but I'm being so picky  :lmao:

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15: Jun 23, 2020 07:40:53 pm
      We mix it up all the time.
      We go wide, long, short, quick, slow, direct, depending on the shape of the opposition at any given moment in a match.

Our failures have been an inability to take advantage of opponents mistakes, because they have sometimes been able to recover more quickly than we can exploit.

We're on track for a club and league record points haul, which I'd say refutes any notion that we can't "mix it up".

Well clearly the way we’ve been going about it hasn’t been good enough lately because we have 1 win in 5 games which says to me we’ve been found out a bit. Watford, Bournemouth, Everton, AtlĂ©tico and Chelsea all knew to sit deep and wait to hit us on the counter. When teams are just sat with everyone behind the ball we may well try changing it up but it isn’t working of late is it.

Though admittedly on my behalf, it was badly written because in terms of “mixing it up”, it was in reference to using our bench effectively when we need to change a game. I didn’t word my post very well.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Jun 23, 2020 08:18:36 pm
      The Hendo Fabinho combo isn't always the answer.Playing the Ox with these two poses a problem as if the Ox has to play wide he isn't very effective. Very often the front 3 pick themselves but the 3 midfield are in constant flux.

Hendo,Keita,Fab,Gini,The Ox, Lallana, Shaq...Jones maybe. We all have our midfield line up and sometimes the Gaffa gets the balance slightly off. For this game my front 6 is: Mane,Firmino,Salah,Hendo,Ox,Gini.

I want the Ox in the hole just off the front 3..Hendo and Gini supporting but deeper with Hendo playing off the back 4. That's my shout anyway.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #17: Jun 23, 2020 08:27:03 pm
      It's a game we should win so heads down and get it done
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Jun 23, 2020 08:54:16 pm
      I'd like to see us shoot more.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #19: Jun 23, 2020 08:55:40 pm
      “As soon as we lose it bodies around it and play it out that area. Everything we do, highest tempo today. “Doesn't matter who scores, we score, they score, every kick off is a trigger for us.”
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Jun 23, 2020 09:50:11 pm
      If a team was top of the table and leading the 2nd place team by 14 points with six matches to go, should that leading team be nervous?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #21: Jun 23, 2020 10:22:45 pm
      Well clearly the way we’ve been going about it hasn’t been good enough lately because we have 1 win in 5 games which says to me we’ve been found out a bit. Watford, Bournemouth, Everton, AtlĂ©tico and Chelsea all knew to sit deep and wait to hit us on the counter. When teams are just sat with everyone behind the ball we may well try changing it up but it isn’t working of late is it.

Though admittedly on my behalf, it was badly written because in terms of “mixing it up”, it was in reference to using our bench effectively when we need to change a game. I didn’t word my post very well.

Are people really still peddling the 1 in 5 stuff  :mad: :mad:

We have had a massive break inbetween ffs

Been found out ?! Is this some sort of joke

What the hell has gone on during the lockdown ?

We have lost once all season in the league , lost in the FA Cup with half a strong team and a couple of GK errors knocked us out of the CL

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #22: Jun 23, 2020 10:40:12 pm
      https://twitter.com/rkingy77/status/1275459045005103104?s=20
      The kop looks great.
      Hopefully that clown that had that terrible printed 'lost property' banner on the kop before the break feels like an idiot when he sees this, how its supposed to be done!

Quick Reply