Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (5.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (5.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      67 (72%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (6.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (7.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: Jun 28, 2020 10:06:35 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18572 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Jun 25, 2020 11:24:07 am
      A lots made out about City’s dominance in games over the last few years, but they’ve never dominated a game like that. Can’t believe they didn’t even manage 1 single touch in our penalty box.
      Every time they got the ball it seemed as though we’d have it back instantly. The only time they got into a position to shoot was when Gomez didn't control a headed pass enough.

Complete domination of the game.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #323: Jun 25, 2020 11:42:59 am
      Even Crystal Palace's Eagle had a heart attack and died with the fear of meeting us. Bless. 
      Owl was winged.
      They certainly got the bird.  (Coat ?)

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1298404/Crystal-Palace-eagle-dead-Premier-League-restart
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2020 12:02:36 pm by MIRO »
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #324: Jun 25, 2020 12:03:11 pm
      A lots made out about City’s dominance in games over the last few years, but they’ve never dominated a game like that. Can’t believe they didn’t even manage 1 single touch in our penalty box.
      Every time they got the ball it seemed as though we’d have it back instantly.
      Klopp after the match said something along the lines of hes not seen a team 4-0 up at the 80th minute and yet 4 players were still pressing as if it was the last ball left on earth and then said this is us.
      To engrave this mentality into a team is phenomenal. Feels like we have 11 lifelong supporters on the pitch sometimes in the sense they don't stop giving it their all, just unreal really.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #325: Jun 25, 2020 12:16:39 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #326: Jun 25, 2020 12:25:09 pm
      Even Crystal Palace's Eagle had a heart attack and died with the fear of meeting us. Bless. 
      Owl was winged.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1298404/Crystal-Palace-eagle-dead-Premier-League-restart

That's genuinely sad about the eagle, majestic creatures.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #327: Jun 25, 2020 12:26:10 pm
      Don't know if this has been said, but Palace are the first team, since this type of record started in 2008, not to have touched the ball in the oppositions, Liverpool's, penalty area.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #328: Jun 25, 2020 12:29:09 pm
      Owl was winged.

Yes, coat.

Although given how warm it is, you can just sling it over your shoulder.

Watched it again this morning.

Utter, utter filth.

I've seen some comments on newspaper sites that Palace "gave up", but that's just not true.
      They fought til the end, they were simply outclassed.

That pass by Salah at the end gets better every time I see it.
      One look, bit of curl, perfect weight, just wonderful.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #329: Jun 25, 2020 12:37:35 pm
      Just read that the players requested the music, if it gets them playing and scoring like that on the regular it can stay for me like.

Me like  Kashmir . Thats the one. 

( Gods Of Rock and a F***ing Big Lizard with a Liverpool scarf  on coming up the Mersey )

https://youtu.be/vrSyrOaoAug

With two F-15s taking out Goodison.
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2020 02:51:03 pm by MIRO »
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #330: Jun 25, 2020 01:18:30 pm
      My only negative from tonight was the silly music after each goal!
      Didn't know there was music. After each goal I was jumping up and down and yelling my head off for maybe five minutes, each time. Tried to get it under control, but no use, we were just executing brilliant stuff.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #331: Jun 25, 2020 01:20:25 pm
      I gave MOTM to fab, simply awesome performance.

The only player who did not was Allison and that's cos he had nothing to do in a totally amazing performance.

Not too bothered about city tonight, let's just see what happens and whether we end up beating them next Thursday for the title.

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #332: Jun 25, 2020 01:29:16 pm
      Didn’t catch that, just assumed it be him!

Peter Macdowell from LFCtv
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #333: Jun 25, 2020 01:30:35 pm
      Me like  Kashmir . Thats the one. 

( Gods Of Rock and a F***ing Big Lizard with a Liverpool scarf  on coming up the Mersey )

https://youtu.be/vrSyrOaoAug

Normally, you get a blast of that before the start of the 2nd half when the players are coming back out!!

LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #334: Jun 25, 2020 01:31:34 pm
      Well, that didn't suck too badly at all!

I take it nobody is nervous anymore???

As great as Fabinho was, I actually went for Mane as MOTM because I think his work on AND off the ball set the tone for the entire match. He just gave th em nightmares the whole game and I loved that he got a goal at the end (on a pass from selfish Mo Salah no less).

Bobby was also active up front. Henderson was full of energy. Gini missed a couple of chances but did strong work in winning and keeping possession. I already mentioned Fab. Virgil and Joe were dynamite at center back and Trent and Robbo also asked many, many difficult questions of our unfortunate opponents.  Alisson had great hair.

Neco Williams was also a bright spot for me. Didn't look shy at all in getting involved. Wished he could have finished that chance.

I neither expect nor want City to drop points tomorrow. I want our boys to be on the park, at City, when the referee blows full time so they can all celebrate like mad men, just like the rest of us will be.

What a great team this is.

Just let's get our hands on the EPL trophy by the earliest means possible, I say. Then we can give some of the kids a run to give them a whiff of what it's like playing for champions. If we go to the Etihad as champions, our boys get the guard of honour. (God, how that's gonna hurt them). We will play in relaxed fashion, treading on air. City will probably rest players with the league already decided, and the FA Cup match upcoming for them. Pep will protect his run at the FA Cup, as the second biggest domestic trophy. Then we get awarded  the EPL trophy in front of the City players and get to parade in front of them. (Massive switching off of TV sets all over Manchester at about this point in proceedings). Sorry to disagree; I'm just too hungry for this right now.
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #335: Jun 25, 2020 01:35:28 pm
      Owl was winged.

An eagle destroyed by a mythical bird resembling a cormorant?
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #336: Jun 25, 2020 01:41:16 pm
      Yes, coat.

Although given how warm it is, you can just sling it over your shoulder.

Watched it again this morning.

Utter, utter filth.

I've seen some comments on newspaper sites that Palace "gave up", but that's just not true.
      They fought til the end, they were simply outclassed.

That pass by Salah at the end gets better every time I see it.
      One look, bit of curl, perfect weight, just wonderful.

Salah didn't take a controlling touch to steady himself for that pass, either; all in one motion, beautifully timed sweep of the boot as the ball arrived.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #337: Jun 25, 2020 03:29:02 pm
      Don't know if this has been said, but Palace are the first team, since this type of record started in 2008, not to have touched the ball in the oppositions, Liverpool's, penalty area.

That makes Woy the first manager.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #338: Jun 25, 2020 03:52:58 pm
      Quote from chats
      My only negative from tonight was the silly music after each goal!

If that's an issue, you must really hate the crowd noise throughout the game. I always play a 30 second long tune while celebrating, during the replays. It's standard practice in many countries, with or without a crowd. We had it after the goals in Madrid. So I like the idea, though the tune could be better. I'm sure we have more than enough fan songs for Peter McDowell to choose from.

Earlier in the week, we had other posters arguing City were better and more exciting to watch than us. Here, the opposition were so overwhelmed by our team that they couldn't get into our box. Indeed, for most of the game, they did well to get out of their own box, let alone cross the halfway line. If it was a boxing event, it would have been stopped before half time on humanitarian grounds. Free kicks, piledrivers, long passes, through balls, the goals flowed and it was a walkover. Atkinson's last appearance here saw him let the opposition score from a free kick when we were not ready. This time, Alexander Arnold showed him how it should be done. It was in from the moment it cleared the wall. Salah and Mane added more goals in their mission to win the Golden Boot, while Fabinho reminded us that anything Kompany can do, he can match. Atkinson however still thought that 8 second half subs, a cooling break and other stoppages only added up to 3 minutes stoppage time. Maybe his watch stopped for all the stoppages, rather than him doing it himself.

If we can't win the league in our house, it honestly doesn't matter whether we win it on the pitch or not, there's nobody to celebrate it with either way. But I said months ago that if we can possibly win the league before we have to go to City and get a result there, I would take that, and I stand by that. Sky may not be very happy about it, but I want the title tonight. I would rather be reminded of who was No. 1 and the price of a pint of milk every few minutes, than how many years it has been for the next week. We've waited for it more than long enough. I want to win it as early as possible, by as many points as possible, breaking as many records as possible, setting a new bar in games and points won, and then stuff it down the throats of all the pundits and experts who crowned City champions before a ball was kicked, and wanted the season null and void. They know who they are.

Quote from LadyGuinnie
      Just let's get our hands on the EPL trophy by the earliest means possible, I say. If we go to the Etihad as champions, our boys get the guard of honour. (God, how that's gonna hurt them). We will play in relaxed fashion, treading on air. City will probably rest players with the league already decided, and the FA Cup match upcoming for them. Pep will protect his run at the FA Cup, as the second biggest domestic trophy. Then we get awarded  the EPL trophy in front of the City players and get to parade in front of them. (Massive switching off of TV sets all over Manchester at about this point in proceedings). Sorry to disagree; I'm just too hungry for this right now.

Steady.

The players won't get so much as a handshake, let alone a guard of honour. There'll be no sign of that trophy until after the Chelsea game either. The presentation itself will be unlike any we've ever seen before.

We'll manage.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #339: Jun 25, 2020 05:34:11 pm
      If that's an issue, you must really hate the crowd noise throughout the game. I always play a 30 second long tune while celebrating, during the replays. It's standard practice in many countries, with or without a crowd. We had it after the goals in Madrid. So I like the idea, though the tune could be better. I'm sure we have more than enough fan songs for Peter McDowell to choose from.

It's sh*te! No music after goals would be the preference at Anfield thank you very much when we're allowed back in!!

We could find something better than Blur like!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #340: Jun 25, 2020 07:59:39 pm
      Didn't know there was music. After each goal I was jumping up and down and yelling my head off for maybe five minutes, each time. Tried to get it under control, but no use, we were just executing brilliant stuff.

I was glad to engage in some mindless out-of-control screaming again as well. It had been too long.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #341: Jun 25, 2020 08:06:36 pm

Earlier in the week, we had other posters arguing City were better and more exciting to watch than us. Here, the opposition were so overwhelmed by our team that they couldn't get into our box. Indeed, for most of the game, they did well to get out of their own box, let alone cross the halfway line. If it was a boxing event, it would have been stopped before half time on humanitarian grounds. Free kicks, piledrivers, long passes, through balls, the goals flowed and it was a walkover. Atkinson's last appearance here saw him let the opposition score from a free kick when we were not ready. This time, Alexander Arnold showed him how it should be done. It was in from the moment it cleared the wall. Salah and Mane added more goals in their mission to win the Golden Boot, while Fabinho reminded us that anything Kompany can do, he can match. Atkinson however still thought that 8 second half subs, a cooling break and other stoppages only added up to 3 minutes stoppage time. Maybe his watch stopped for all the stoppages, rather than him doing it himself.

If we can't win the league in our house, it honestly doesn't matter whether we win it on the pitch or not, there's nobody to celebrate it with either way. But I said months ago that if we can possibly win the league before we have to go to City and get a result there, I would take that, and I stand by that. Sky may not be very happy about it, but I want the title tonight. I would rather be reminded of who was No. 1 and the price of a pint of milk every few minutes, than how many years it has been for the next week. We've waited for it more than long enough. I want to win it as early as possible, by as many points as possible, breaking as many records as possible, setting a new bar in games and points won, and then stuff it down the throats of all the pundits and experts who crowned City champions before a ball was kicked, and wanted the season null and void. They know who they are.

Steady.

The players won't get so much as a handshake, let alone a guard of honour. There'll be no sign of that trophy until after the Chelsea game either. The presentation itself will be unlike any we've ever seen before.

We'll manage.

I know the tradition is for lifting it the final home game, but the Premier League should have it done at the next game at Anfield (assuming it's won by then) just in case CoVid numbers scupper the final games of the season.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #342: Jun 25, 2020 08:22:40 pm
      F***ing Brilliant watching that and what a difference Andy and Mo make to our side.

Gave my MOTM to Fab, but yeah those two made a big difference.
      Miss TAA or Robbo when not there [though how good was Nico Williams when he came on :)]
      And Mo came back in and looked sharp.
      Great to see the lads playing so well, and scoring some cracking goals.
      And Alisson down the other end had jack all to do, Gomez and VVD dominating.
      Not long now till the Hendo shuffle...
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #343: Jun 27, 2020 08:35:42 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      No music after goals would be the preference at Anfield thank you very much when we're allowed back in!!

We could find something better than Blur like!!

If the players want it, they get it I suppose.

The preference at Anfield is for a full house and a raucous atmosphere. As that is not possible, anything to make it sound like a sports event rather than a kickaround at Melwood, is fine by me.

Quote from Robby The Z
      I know the tradition is for lifting it the final home game, but the Premier League should have it done at the next game at Anfield (assuming it's won by then) just in case CoVid numbers scupper the final games of the season.

There are rules about when the presentation is held. If the unlikely case above happens, a private presentation can be arranged. We only have 3 home games left, and there would have to be a sudden, really uncontrollable outbreak, for remaining games not to be played. I certainly can't see that happening in the near future.

When it happens, like the games themselves, I think it will be a very basic, functional ceremony. I don't think there will be any parade this year either. It could be well into next season before it would be allowed and by then, the players will be playing every 3 days and most fans will be focused on getting No. 20 asap than standing in the cold for hours waiting to see a bus. It would be like celebrating Christmas in April.

We currently hold 4 trophies of the 7 possible. If there is a bus parade, I want to see them all on it. Then it will be worth waiting for.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #344: Jun 30, 2020 03:15:01 pm

It had been posted RP @ 288 but what a stat.

Imagine it.

You don't get a touch in the whole game in the box and ...even if you had ....you have the Worlds No 1 goalie between the sticks.

At least they turned up to Anfield... and Hodgson saw what Liverpool Football Club is all about , something lost on him while he was here.

Must have been a long ,lonely journey back down sarf in all those individual people carriers, one for each of the players.
      (What  was that all about?)

Quick Reply