Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2020!

Read 91512 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!
      Reply #207: Jun 26, 2020 11:00:19 am
      As someone has pointed out in the replies to this, we've never won the league without a Scot in the first team! ;D

https://twitter.com/xxx/status/1276275411744407555

yup. either a player or someone on coaching staff. :aaliverpoolwz0:
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #208: Jun 26, 2020 11:09:19 am
      Jesus Christ I am very hungover...... lads lassies the wait is over ! What a team what a club what a manager!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #209: Jun 26, 2020 11:21:13 am
      Maximum Respect Keith for what you said.   

I'm in the 10%  and wear as a badge of honour my non inclusion on your party list.

I wouldn't be a Red and you wouldn't be a Manc if we didn't shovel the sh*t from time to time.

For today ........ a truce ......... I  know you are hurting Keith and there is more pain to come for you guys.

Just remember.  You could be called Ferguson or Neville and putting a noose round your neck this morning.

Must go.
      May break a habit of a lifetime and become completely insufferable on the Sad Red Cafe .
      Or just gloat.

Feel the pain !  ;D

All mancs are hurting and obviously so. It would be the same on Merseyside if United won it. However, doesn't mean you can't respect the football you've played  over the last two years. I just hope it doesn't take us 30 years to get back there  but its already getting close  to double figures  :f_wah:

So the truce last 24 hours   ;D Thank you.  :D
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #210: Jun 26, 2020 11:25:10 am
      So how did everyone feel waking up as champions today?

It's a bit surreal with everything going on, really can't wait for the parade where it's all gonna come out I reckon.

Still, as one of those not born last time we won, and having had years of high quality banter from fans who think football started in '92, I'm going to enjoy giving it all back...

My Arsenal fan flatmate is the first to get it, I've now taken to saying "first time I'll have breakfast as Premier League champion", or "first time I'll have a shower as Premier League champion"... It's going to go on for a while this 😁
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #211: Jun 26, 2020 11:28:46 am
      All mancs are hurting and obviously so. It would be the same on Merseyside if United won it. However, doesn't mean you can't respect the football you've played  over the last two years. I just hope it doesn't take us 30 years to get back there  but its already getting close  to double figures  :f_wah:

So the truce last 24 hours   ;D Thank you.  :D

Agreed Keith.

Weapons down until noon tonight 26/6 mate.

( PS  We've done our hurting and had our noses rubbed in it.)

PS   While you're here.

Talking with a friend on the phone the other night. Said she had just watched 51st State and thought of me.
      She liked the bit when Robert Carlyle goes into the Manc pub.

https://youtu.be/2hvZQHt9_K0

I told her...been there .

Done that .

Next ........
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2020 11:53:14 am by MIRO »
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #212: Jun 26, 2020 11:28:54 am
      https://youtu.be/NQU_1jF-Ass

Well the boss predicted it!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #213: Jun 26, 2020 11:42:05 am
      Well its been a hard 12 hours  :D  My fone not stopped but understandably  so.  ;D  I'd like to take the time to wish over 90% of you on here a sincere congratulations on winning the PREMIER LEAGUE. Now that sounds pretty good doesn’t it  ;D. Ive had some great banter with a fair few of you on here over the years but can honestly say the majority of members have been really good with me considering I'm a Manc   :lmao:

Obviously one or two!, or 3  ;D  bitter regardless but except that as it happens on any forum when a rival comes on board. However, balanced views came from many of you considering the rivalry between both clubs.

I would like to take this time to point out a few members that when I say this it comes from the heart.. A BIG WELL DONE on winning the league.  :champ:

Aussie Red - Frankly Mr Shankly - FL Red - Swab - Heimdall - David Wright - Stuey - Robby the Z - 7 King Kenny 7 - HSC Red 1 - racerx34 - JD - RedPuppy - Shabs - Swabs - Tamelmpala - allthebest - king kenny - SRSLFC - Dragonmark - London red - Dadorious - Red storm - Billo - Red willy - LMW - Dmasta - Breeding reds in the 434 - Harrisimo - Verd rubro - Clint call01 - Red 8 - Huyton red - Conz - Red kop 63 - Billy the red - Skol red - AZ Patriot - lallana in pyjamas - Purple monkey - Scottbot - Rush - LFC Paul - Norfolk red - Kopite 78 - Brezipool - Jabv - RC9 - Fatkopite10 - Skamp - Billy1 - Zz19a - Bigbob 75 - Leosc - Gill95 - Kwame 30 - Fribby5 - Jimsouse67 - BMCK - Red angel - Rose red - Theleftpegofraykenny - Bazspeedmen - Ribapuru - Roddenberry - Magillionare - Tadders - Withhopeinmyheart - Scotia  - Glennusmc - Tayls - Higgy sham - Lester 76 - Kate mkd red - Alfie 2510 - Harrdunn08 - Hamannastheman - The real donavan ried - Ozzi wozzy - Jabv - JC16 - Ruth city - Andylfcynwa - Cad1875 - Arab scouse

Now I'm pretty sure I've missed many off followed  by spelling mistakes so my apologies in advanced. Enjoy the moment as I'm sure you will. It’s a special day in the history of LFC

Ps... Jürgen Klopp legendry status awaits if your not already there.

Cheers Keith! And best of luck for next season. Apart from when you play us of course. :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #214: Jun 26, 2020 11:43:44 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #215: Jun 26, 2020 11:44:37 am
      Cheers Keith! And best of luck for next season. Apart from when you play us of course. :D

Thank you  ;D We can't be any worse than this year  :D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #216: Jun 26, 2020 12:09:10 pm
      Thank you  ;D We can't be any worse than this year  :D
      I've been watching your team and they look to be moving in the right direction. Even Carragher said he think you lot will be challenging next season.

Oh, one more thing, where have you hidden Gary? :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #217: Jun 26, 2020 12:13:57 pm
      I've been watching your team and they look to be moving in the right direction. Even Carragher said he think you lot will be challenging next season.

Oh, one more thing, where have you hidden Gary? :D

Still need couple of players but yeah going the right way. Gary is staying with me  :lmao:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #218: Jun 26, 2020 12:25:51 pm
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #220: Jun 26, 2020 12:44:26 pm
      We are the Champions. Let that sink in
      Harrisimo

• 8,282 posts | 1396 
      Reply #221: Jun 26, 2020 12:48:30 pm
      Cheers Keith..

This season, the protracted way it was stretched out has been surreal. The wait was agonising.Full credit to the Premier league, chairman Gary Hoffman and chief executive Richard Masters for making the right decision to finish the league programme.

On the footie front, we face a twin threat from the other end of the East Lancs rd. I relish the big games against City & United. We can now compete with both after to many years of trying to get top 4 at best. We have won the league, comprehensibly as well. We could set a point record that may never be beaten but we could protect our top players and prime them for next season. we have that luxury.

We have to respect the integrity and we still have to play Villa and Brighton so we should play a strong team..all this and more to come from LFC...magic..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #222: Jun 26, 2020 12:51:09 pm
      This is worth a moment or two of your time, reds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/C3tGdNqHCP/Liverpool-30-years-of-hurt
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #223: Jun 26, 2020 12:51:27 pm
      Damn, it's been quite a long while..

Finally after 30 years we won!!

Happy for the lads, happy for our gaffer, happy for our owner.
      hope this will be the beginning of a new chapter for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13kXBrI2FA0
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #224: Jun 26, 2020 01:00:18 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #225: Jun 26, 2020 01:31:20 pm
      Well its been a hard 12 hours  :D  My fone not stopped but understandably  so.  ;D  I'd like to take the time to wish over 90% of you on here a sincere congratulations on winning the PREMIER LEAGUE. Now that sounds pretty good doesn’t it  ;D. Ive had some great banter with a fair few of you on here over the years but can honestly say the majority of members have been really good with me considering I'm a Manc   :lmao:

Obviously one or two!, or 3  ;D  bitter regardless but except that as it happens on any forum when a rival comes on board. However, balanced views came from many of you considering the rivalry between both clubs.

I would like to take this time to point out a few members that when I say this it comes from the heart.. A BIG WELL DONE on winning the league.  :champ:

Aussie Red - Frankly Mr Shankly - FL Red - Swab - Heimdall - David Wright - Stuey - Robby the Z - 7 King Kenny 7 - HSC Red 1 - racerx34 - JD - RedPuppy - Shabs - Swabs - Tamelmpala - allthebest - king kenny - SRSLFC - Dragonmark - London red - Dadorious - Red storm - Billo - Red willy - LMW - Dmasta - Breeding reds in the 434 - Harrisimo - Verd rubro - Clint call01 - Red 8 - Huyton red - Conz - Red kop 63 - Billy the red - Skol red - AZ Patriot - lallana in pyjamas - Purple monkey - Scottbot - Rush - LFC Paul - Norfolk red - Kopite 78 - Brezipool - Jabv - RC9 - Fatkopite10 - Skamp - Billy1 - Zz19a - Bigbob 75 - Leosc - Gill95 - Kwame 30 - Fribby5 - Jimsouse67 - BMCK - Red angel - Rose red - Theleftpegofraykenny - Bazspeedmen - Ribapuru - Roddenberry - Magillionare - Tadders - Withhopeinmyheart - Scotia  - Glennusmc - Tayls - Higgy sham - Lester 76 - Kate mkd red - Alfie 2510 - Harrdunn08 - Hamannastheman - The real donavan ried - Ozzi wozzy - Jabv - JC16 - Ruth city - Andylfcynwa - Cad1875 - Arab scouse

Now I'm pretty sure I've missed many off followed  by spelling mistakes so my apologies in advanced. Enjoy the moment as I'm sure you will. It’s a special day in the history of LFC

Ps... Jürgen Klopp legendry status awaits if your not already there.

Cheers Keith, BTW your mob are looking pretty decent these days, could be an interesting battle for second place next season ;-)
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #226: Jun 26, 2020 02:00:15 pm
      Well F*** me!!

I was 21 the last time we won it.  My teen years full of league titles, European cups, League cups, FA cups.

After years in the wilderness (domestic league-wise, give or take several close calls) I'd started to think I may never see another league win, especially after the heartbreaks of 2014 & 2019.

This team has been incredible with it's consistency for 2 years solid.  Klopp is an absolutely charismatic genius.

The season has been full of trials & tribulations despite the ever increasing lead we carved out.  Calls of VAR-assistance, PEDs, void the league & expunge all results; anything to try to undermine what this team has achieved.

Well, let me tell you this, rabid, paranoid, deluded City fans; feral, bitter, blinkered Bluenoses; envious, smarmy, arrogant Utd fans,

"YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!
      YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!
      WE'RE BACK ON OUR F***ING PERCH AND YOU CAN PRINT THAT!!!"

Prem Champs, European Champs, World Champs FACT FACT FACT

YNWA

I love you all
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #227: Jun 26, 2020 02:03:24 pm
      Cheers Keith..

We could set a point record that may never be beaten but we could protect our top players and prime them for next season. we have that luxury.

We have to respect the integrity and we still have to play Villa and Brighton so we should play a strong team..all this and more to come from LFC...magic..

I said when City broke the record it wouldn't be broken, looking like i'll be eating my words on that one.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #228: Jun 26, 2020 02:04:31 pm
      Cheers Keith, BTW your mob are looking pretty decent these days, could be an interesting battle for second place next season ;-)

Think that's at best.  ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #229: Jun 26, 2020 02:07:19 pm
      So,   Anyone around Anfield tomorrow. Thinking of making the journey up, but don’t wanna travel 200 miles to be standing round on my own. 😂

Quick Reply