Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2020!

Read 89040 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!
      Reply #276: Jun 27, 2020 06:41:37 pm
      Haven’t posted in a while, over the moon! Words can’t explain what these lads have done for us over the last few seasons and of course, Jürgen. He’s changed us top to bottom.

Their writing their own history and I love every chapter of it.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #277: Jun 27, 2020 06:43:10 pm
      Just had a look at the merch on the official site.Not good.They had 30 years to come up with some decent designs!!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #278: Jun 27, 2020 08:35:35 pm
      Only just started to feel alive again after all that. Incredible though - Loved how spontaneous it was!

Over the line now & can play without pressure for the last 7 games and hopefully break a few records along the way!
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #279: Jun 28, 2020 10:17:28 am
      looking ahead we've a few tough matches.. City. Chelsea. Newcastle. Arse
      OH...WEVE ALREADY WON IT !!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #280: Jun 28, 2020 10:21:21 am
      looking ahead we've a few tough matches.. City. Chelsea. Newcastle. Arse
      OH...WEVE ALREADY WON IT !!

;D

I actually think that now the lads have had a wee celebration their next focus will be on a few more records.

Those boys are hungry and I see us thumping a few teams even with making changes.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #281: Jun 28, 2020 11:18:39 am
      A very touching story on the back page of today's Sunday Times Sport Section.

The writer is  David Walsh whose son, John died 25 years ago aged then 12.

Headline :

As much as any kid could fall in love with a football club, my son's heart and soul were Liverpool's.
      On the anniversary of John's death I know how much this would have meant to him.
      An extract :

" His Mum keeps his last school bag in our wardrobe. It is Red of course.
        Inside there is a Liverpool pencil case and his last Liverpool shirt"

His best mate at school who now lives in Oz sent a text to David Walsh this week.

" I'm thinking of Johnny.
        Been waiting many years for Liverpool to win the title for him."

........................ ........................ ......

.... and all the others who have passed.

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2020 11:41:22 am by MIRO »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #282: Jun 28, 2020 11:29:07 am
      Hope the reds recover better for Thursday than some of us will manage!

Not sure what happens with the rest of the season.  Don't think the 100 points target is doable now - definitely going to see a lot of rotation in the team.   

And I wouldn't want them going all out for 100 points at the expense of, say, an injury that affects the start of our title defence.

The opposite argument is that they've got little pressure on them now - might make them even better!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #283: Jun 28, 2020 12:27:53 pm
      Hope the reds recover better for Thursday than some of us will manage!

Not sure what happens with the rest of the season.  Don't think the 100 points target is doable now - definitely going to see a lot of rotation in the team.   

And I wouldn't want them going all out for 100 points at the expense of, say, an injury that affects the start of our title defence.

The opposite argument is that they've got little pressure on them now - might make them even better!

Predicting 5 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw the rest of the way. I think we will combine commitment with a bit of reduced pressure. should keep performances high
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #284: Jun 28, 2020 01:15:31 pm
      Just a reminder here 19 league titles 6 european cups most successful club in English football history with 48 major honours xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #285: Jun 28, 2020 02:10:13 pm
      Just a reminder here 19 league titles 6 european cups most successful club in English football history with 48 major honours xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Depends on what is counted as genuine competition. I wouldn't count one off super cup games or the like.

LFC

18 Football league
      1 Premier league
      6 European Cups
      3 Uefa cups
      7 FA Cups
      8 League Cups.

43 in total..in 85/86 we won the Football league super cup.A one off comp that had 6 teams in, we eventually beat Everton 7-2 over 2 legs. It was a bit of a farce comp arranged as teams were banned from Europe. So I don't count that one.

United

7 Football league
      13 Premier league
      3 European cups
      1 Cup winners cup
      1 Europa League
      12 FA cups
      5 League cups

42 in total.

Again depends on your point of view. I have us taking the lead with our Prem win. United are still in the FA cup however.And United are still in Europa league round of 16.So are Wolves.Starts again Aug 5th 2020.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #286: Jun 28, 2020 02:19:26 pm
      Last couple of days I’ve been trying to think of the right words to type to express the feelings experienced since Thursday, I can’t, there are none, the closest I can come to it is when my first was born, like then it took ages for it to sink in, in the interim, I got f***in bladdered and the initial surreal emotion subsided for a while, then WHAM ! it hit me,

Yesterday was just incredible, I have a permanent grin and keep shaking my head, if I had a twitch I’d get arrested, can’t stop watching YouTube and the celebrations to help it sink in, I think it’s beginning to, I can’t remember much about 1990, I was probably to f***in pissed to remember anyway, winning titles & trophies back then was a regular occurrence so becoming Champions was arrogantly taken for granted, so 30 years later, it just feels unbelievably special, so emotional and similar to your first child popping into your life, I’ll never forget that day, and I’ll never forget Thursday 25/6/20, the Re-birth of the Champions of England.

LIVERPOOL FC.           ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE.  WINNERS

UEFA         SUPER CUP     WINNERS

FIFA  CLUB WORLD CUP   WINNERS

UEFA  CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HOLDERS

CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD

Y  N  W  A

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #287: Jun 28, 2020 02:24:22 pm
      This has still not sunk in - one of the greatest days of my life. Incredible.

Cant wait till our captain lifts that trophy:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DivaYnwa/status/1276313938100174848
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #288: Jun 28, 2020 02:43:32 pm

I agree, I don’t think we will lessen our intensity, Jürgen won’t allow it, we will carry on as normal, we will be relentless, we don’t know any other way, we might see some changes towards the final 2/3 , blooding one or two into the fold, Jones, Williams, Elliot etc, there isn’t much of a break until the new season so players time off will be limited but will include personal fitness schedules,

As a club we owe it to other teams not to play any different or taking our foot off the gas, we’ll play as tho our lives depend on it, 100% commitment, nothing half arsed, right to the very end, and be f***in ruthless.

Y  N  W  A
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #289: Jun 28, 2020 03:14:00 pm
      Depends on what is counted as genuine competition. I wouldn't count one off super cup games or the like.

LFC

18 Football league
      1 Premier league
      6 European Cups
      3 Uefa cups
      7 FA Cups
      8 League Cups.

43 in total..in 85/86 we won the Football league super cup.A one off comp that had 6 teams in, we eventually beat Everton 7-2 over 2 legs. It was a bit of a farce comp arranged as teams were banned from Europe. So I don't count that one.

United

7 Football league
      13 Premier league
      3 European cups
      1 Cup winners cup
      1 Europa League
      12 FA cups
      5 League cups

42 in total.

Again depends on your point of view. I have us taking the lead with our Prem win. United are still in the FA cup however.And United are still in Europa league round of 16.So are Wolves.Starts again Aug 5th 2020.
      Not counting the community shield no way it used to be shared if the game was a draw I agree with you with regards to that one.
      But I’m definitely counting the UEFA super cup and fifa world club cup as everyone should. Regarded as competitive fixtures too by UEFA and FIFA.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #290: Jun 28, 2020 03:45:13 pm
      If it's on the wall it counts!!

By the way I hope we keep the old div 1 trophy silhouette on the wall than replace it with the Prem trophy which is a fussy looking European Cup IMO.

Have we changed that to 19 or waiting for the end of season?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #291: Jun 28, 2020 03:53:56 pm
      Something like the design on the t shirt would look good on the wall
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #292: Jun 28, 2020 04:50:51 pm
      Had a bit on wcvb in Boston,course they mentioned the fireworks,arrests first but did a bit of a Jürgen interview and a few photos from 1990 champions.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #293: Jun 28, 2020 05:21:20 pm
      Have we changed that to 19 or waiting for the end of season?

I'm sure I've seen it changed somewhere - but can't find the image now.  Someone posted it on Facebook so it might have been a mock-up.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #294: Jun 28, 2020 06:03:20 pm
      A very touching story on the back page of today's Sunday Times Sport Section.

The writer is  David Walsh whose son, John died 25 years ago aged then 12.

Headline :

As much as any kid could fall in love with a football club, my son's heart and soul were Liverpool's.
      On the anniversary of John's death I know how much this would have meant to him.
      An extract :

" His Mum keeps his last school bag in our wardrobe. It is Red of course.
        Inside there is a Liverpool pencil case and his last Liverpool shirt"

His best mate at school who now lives in Oz sent a text to David Walsh this week.

" I'm thinking of Johnny.
        Been waiting many years for Liverpool to win the title for him."

........................ ........................ ......

.... and all the others who have passed.

Have been reading David Walsh for years and like his stuff - didn't know about his son.
      So sad to loose a child, but nice to remember his son's love for the Club on them winning the title again after so long.

The grave opposite my Dads is of a young lad from the town who died at 28. It's always covered in Liverpool memorabilia.
      Never knew him but met his folks up there many times over the years, am sure they are going through something similar.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #295: Jun 28, 2020 08:10:37 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      As the realisation that we've done it sets in how do we play the rest of the season. I know many will want us to carry on and get a points record but keeping going at full pace, keeping the motivation up will be difficult. The Gaffa might want to give Willians and Jones and others more game time.

The extended break didn't do top players to much harm.Some of them have hardly had a decent break for a long time. See how Klopp plays it.

Jürgen has already said the approach to games won't change. But he should put a few records up on the dressing room wall. That should motivate some players. It would certainly motivate me. It's not like we have to rest players for other competitions after all.

I seen someone say that the enforced break made Jürgen realise how much he misses the players and the job. And it could even help keep him here beyond his next contract.

I don't know how emotional people got, I know I'm not one for crying over these things. I've seen us win trophies before, I've seen us win the league before. But it's hard not to be emotional when you've realise just how long it has taken to bring home the biggest prize of them all, and remember all the years of highs and many lows in the meantime. Souness, the throwing of serial league champion players under the bus, the Auxerre rollercoaster, the loss at Peterborough, the Mickey Quinn massacre, the Bristol City fiasco, the evolution of the Kop while we wandered about in mid table, cheering the opposition winning the league in our house, the game of the decade, the Evans nearly men, seeing our CLQ hopes dissolve at Hillsborough on the final day of one season. Watching those hopes vanish on the final day of another season at Bradford as they celebrated staying up against us. Some of the main events of the first 10 years.

The 5 successive wins against the mancs, the 5 trophies in 6 months, the UEFA Cup Final, our return to the European Cup on the day of 9/11. Thommo taking over, the collapse in Leverkusen, the first side to finish above the mancs and not win the EPL. The hope of a 7 point lead in November 2002, promptly followed by no win in 2 months. Watching Djimi Traore attempt to look like a professional footballer, watching Diouf be unprofessional. The Rafa years, Istanbul, Cardiff, the Yanks, the conflicts, the chaos, the civil war, the crap results, the protests, the American flags burned outside the gates. Another decade done.

Hodgson, Northampton, the takeover, Dalglish  in Dubai one day and at the toilet the next, the Blackpool games, Torres abandoning ship, Paul Konchesky. The Suarez fake news, hitting the post 31 times, the first trips to the new Anfield South, our only trophy in 13 years, the dismissal of Dalglish. The hunt for a ticket for Carra's last game that went literally to the last minute. The 45 minute long walks from Lime Street to the ground and back again, constantly watching the clock.

The 101 league goals, the 4 goals in 20 minutes v Arsenal, and unexpected title challenge, followed by the signing of Balotelli and the leaving of Stevie, Stoke. The sacking of Rodgers, the appointment of Jürgen, the cup finals, the new stand, kicking Arsenal out of the European Cup by 1 point. City away, Spurs away, winning 7-0 in Europe. Twice. Sean Cox, Roma, Kiev, Karius. The title race, the pleading for favours, the 97 points not  enough, the agony and ecstacy of Barcelona, and the euphoria of Madrid. The positives of VAR for us, the setting of higher and higher bars and records, becoming World Champions, and last but not least, winning the league the easy way for a change.

The Berlin Wall was up for less time than it took us to win the league. But we've finally got back what we've all wanted. Unlike the past 3 times, the biggest feeling about this one for me is relief. No longer will we have the number of years since we last won it thrown in our face every couple of minutes. Winning cups is great, whether it's the European Cup or the Charity Shield. But winning your own national league over 9 months is the best of all. To do it in 31 games is unprecedented. The euphoria and the congratulations gradually gives way to quiet satisfaction over time. Satisfaction that our main goal has finally been achieved, and all the personal sacrifices we have made to watch this team do it, have been worth it. The storm is gone, and the golden sky looks wonderful from the top of the mountain.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #296: Jun 28, 2020 10:44:33 pm
      F**k I typed out a really long post and accidently hit some key and the c**t disappeared!!!  I go again  ;D ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #297: Jun 28, 2020 10:46:29 pm
      F**k I typed out a really long post and accidently hit some key and the c**t disappeared!!!  I go again  ;D ;D

Title gone to your head, anyone would think you've not won it for 30 years  :couch:  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #298: Jun 28, 2020 10:50:57 pm
      FIRST OFF I HAVE TO SAY GET THE FUCKKKKKKKKK INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNN

CHAMPIONS ...WE F***ing DID IT, HOW GOOD DOES THAT SOUND!!!

Ok, just cant wait to read this thread from the start, it's going to be a ripper!!!

I just want to say a few Thankyous, in no particular order:

Thank you JD for setting this LDCREDS forum up all those years ago, where we had a place to come on and share our emotions about this Beautiful Football Club of Ours. We been through so many emotions together but with this one, it's the greatest feeling ever and if it wasn't for this f**king Corona Virus, I'd be right there partying like an animal with the majority of you in the City Center!!!  I f**king love you guys!!!

Now to Jürgen, The Boys and JWH and co.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing everything you could to make up for the shattering end to last seasons League Campaign. It's been a hell of a ride this Season, culminating in the Greatest day of my life. (yep wife and kids relegated to the also rans  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:) It is an absolute pleasure to watch you lads on the park and having the Best Boss in the World is just a great feeling as well. I love this Club, I love everything associated with it...now let's finish off the Season with 7 wins and we go again for Number 20 next Season!!!

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2020 10:57:46 pm by AussieRed »

Quick Reply