Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2020!

Read 89019 times
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Re: PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!
      Reply #299: Jun 28, 2020 10:58:00 pm
      Had forgotten all about this haha that was genuinely hilarious looking back even though it was so F***ing annoying. Really thought we were cursed!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #300: Jun 28, 2020 10:58:49 pm
      Title gone to your head, anyone would think you've not won it for 30 years  :couch:  :lmao:

Oh yeah forgot to write,  SUCK sh*t U MANC c**t  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #301: Jun 28, 2020 11:05:29 pm
      Brilliant to know after winning the Premier League, Jürgen has come back seemingly, more refreshed and eager to carry on in the same way, after this enforced break. More trophies to be won, under this great manager of ours, in the coming seasons.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #302: Jun 28, 2020 11:57:27 pm
      These set of players have tasted it & are blooded for success..

We will only get better and more relentless next season..
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #303: Jun 29, 2020 05:17:01 am
      Still hard to understand, but waking up every morning with a smile on my face :)
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #304: Jun 29, 2020 11:32:46 am
      Incredible video from Thursday

Taken from the roof of The Park pub by the looks of it

https://twitter.com/redian1973/status/1276510221423325185?s=19
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #305: Jun 29, 2020 07:32:29 pm
      In Malta, an Arabic barber is doing this :)

https://youtu.be/r84hafhVQn8

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #306: Jun 29, 2020 08:45:58 pm
      Jürgen has already said the approach to games won't change. But he should put a few records up on the dressing room wall. That should motivate some players. It would certainly motivate me. It's not like we have to rest players for other competitions after all.

I seen someone say that the enforced break made Jürgen realise how much he misses the players and the job. And it could even help keep him here beyond his next contract.

I don't know how emotional people got, I know I'm not one for crying over these things. I've seen us win trophies before, I've seen us win the league before. But it's hard not to be emotional when you've realise just how long it has taken to bring home the biggest prize of them all, and remember all the years of highs and many lows in the meantime. Souness, the throwing of serial league champion players under the bus, the Auxerre rollercoaster, the loss at Peterborough, the Mickey Quinn massacre, the Bristol City fiasco, the evolution of the Kop while we wandered about in mid table, cheering the opposition winning the league in our house, the game of the decade, the Evans nearly men, seeing our CLQ hopes dissolve at Hillsborough on the final day of one season. Watching those hopes vanish on the final day of another season at Bradford as they celebrated staying up against us. Some of the main events of the first 10 years.

The 5 successive wins against the mancs, the 5 trophies in 6 months, the UEFA Cup Final, our return to the European Cup on the day of 9/11. Thommo taking over, the collapse in Leverkusen, the first side to finish above the mancs and not win the EPL. The hope of a 7 point lead in November 2002, promptly followed by no win in 2 months. Watching Djimi Traore attempt to look like a professional footballer, watching Diouf be unprofessional. The Rafa years, Istanbul, Cardiff, the Yanks, the conflicts, the chaos, the civil war, the crap results, the protests, the American flags burned outside the gates. Another decade done.

Hodgson, Northampton, the takeover, Dalglish  in Dubai one day and at the toilet the next, the Blackpool games, Torres abandoning ship, Paul Konchesky. The Suarez fake news, hitting the post 31 times, the first trips to the new Anfield South, our only trophy in 13 years, the dismissal of Dalglish. The hunt for a ticket for Carra's last game that went literally to the last minute. The 45 minute long walks from Lime Street to the ground and back again, constantly watching the clock.

The 101 league goals, the 4 goals in 20 minutes v Arsenal, and unexpected title challenge, followed by the signing of Balotelli and the leaving of Stevie, Stoke. The sacking of Rodgers, the appointment of Jürgen, the cup finals, the new stand, kicking Arsenal out of the European Cup by 1 point. City away, Spurs away, winning 7-0 in Europe. Twice. Sean Cox, Roma, Kiev, Karius. The title race, the pleading for favours, the 97 points not  enough, the agony and ecstacy of Barcelona, and the euphoria of Madrid. The positives of VAR for us, the setting of higher and higher bars and records, becoming World Champions, and last but not least, winning the league the easy way for a change.

The Berlin Wall was up for less time than it took us to win the league. But we've finally got back what we've all wanted. Unlike the past 3 times, the biggest feeling about this one for me is relief. No longer will we have the number of years since we last won it thrown in our face every couple of minutes. Winning cups is great, whether it's the European Cup or the Charity Shield. But winning your own national league over 9 months is the best of all. To do it in 31 games is unprecedented. The euphoria and the congratulations gradually gives way to quiet satisfaction over time. Satisfaction that our main goal has finally been achieved, and all the personal sacrifices we have made to watch this team do it, have been worth it. The storm is gone, and the golden sky looks wonderful from the top of the mountain.

I don't get over emotional either. Just got to the boss more I think because of the pride he has helped restore.The relief, the release of the 30 year pressure.Once that final whistle went at Chelsea the other night a tsunami of relief spread out across the globe. Here in Liverpool, the epicentre, the fans just were beside themselves. With such a volcanic release of energy and emotion there was bound to be the odd misdemeanor. Very often at times of high emotion words don't convey the real raw emotion. Jürgen Klopp understands that.

I think at times football transcends the game and does mean more. You collated all the highs and lows very well and that reflected the pressure we were under. There's nothing worse in football than coming second to the mancs. We've put that right but the fight goes on.

The Boss will want to set records but he will think about the longer term and he might give the up and coming game time. Williams, Jones won't develop further unless they are tested. We have a manager who knows how and when to give these young players their head.

Jürgen Klopp himself said "It's easy to motivate the team because of our history"...in a sense he paid tribute to all the past players and fans. Klopp touches the soul of the great City of Liverpool, great manager and a genuine bloke.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #307: Jun 29, 2020 09:30:31 pm
      Some really great posts on here, such a feeling of joy and relief at finally having won the league but no letting up now, wellenever have a better chance if setting the record for points won in a season, a record which will probably never be beaten.
      I genuinely fancy us to win all 7 games.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #308: Jun 29, 2020 11:35:59 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #309: Jun 30, 2020 01:39:15 am

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #310: Jun 30, 2020 01:15:46 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #311: Jun 30, 2020 01:25:17 pm
      Not gonna lie, frame 2017-18 still hurts. tw*t.

Wash & Go with the butterfingers would be my guess then.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #312: Jun 30, 2020 02:27:33 pm
      Wash & Go with the butterfingers would be my guess then.

That was addressed with Karius and Mignolet trying to high-five each other in the year I mentioned. He's talking about Sergio Ramos being a thug in Kiev.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #313: Jun 30, 2020 03:13:15 pm
      Jürgen has already said the approach to games won't change. But he should put a few records up on the dressing room wall. That should motivate some players. It would certainly motivate me. It's not like we have to rest players for other competitions after all.

I seen someone say that the enforced break made Jürgen realise how much he misses the players and the job. And it could even help keep him here beyond his next contract.

I don't know how emotional people got, I know I'm not one for crying over these things. I've seen us win trophies before, I've seen us win the league before. But it's hard not to be emotional when you've realise just how long it has taken to bring home the biggest prize of them all, and remember all the years of highs and many lows in the meantime. Souness, the throwing of serial league champion players under the bus, the Auxerre rollercoaster, the loss at Peterborough, the Mickey Quinn massacre, the Bristol City fiasco, the evolution of the Kop while we wandered about in mid table, cheering the opposition winning the league in our house, the game of the decade, the Evans nearly men, seeing our CLQ hopes dissolve at Hillsborough on the final day of one season. Watching those hopes vanish on the final day of another season at Bradford as they celebrated staying up against us. Some of the main events of the first 10 years.

The 5 successive wins against the mancs, the 5 trophies in 6 months, the UEFA Cup Final, our return to the European Cup on the day of 9/11. Thommo taking over, the collapse in Leverkusen, the first side to finish above the mancs and not win the EPL. The hope of a 7 point lead in November 2002, promptly followed by no win in 2 months. Watching Djimi Traore attempt to look like a professional footballer, watching Diouf be unprofessional. The Rafa years, Istanbul, Cardiff, the Yanks, the conflicts, the chaos, the civil war, the crap results, the protests, the American flags burned outside the gates. Another decade done.

Hodgson, Northampton, the takeover, Dalglish  in Dubai one day and at the toilet the next, the Blackpool games, Torres abandoning ship, Paul Konchesky. The Suarez fake news, hitting the post 31 times, the first trips to the new Anfield South, our only trophy in 13 years, the dismissal of Dalglish. The hunt for a ticket for Carra's last game that went literally to the last minute. The 45 minute long walks from Lime Street to the ground and back again, constantly watching the clock.

The 101 league goals, the 4 goals in 20 minutes v Arsenal, and unexpected title challenge, followed by the signing of Balotelli and the leaving of Stevie, Stoke. The sacking of Rodgers, the appointment of Jürgen, the cup finals, the new stand, kicking Arsenal out of the European Cup by 1 point. City away, Spurs away, winning 7-0 in Europe. Twice. Sean Cox, Roma, Kiev, Karius. The title race, the pleading for favours, the 97 points not  enough, the agony and ecstacy of Barcelona, and the euphoria of Madrid. The positives of VAR for us, the setting of higher and higher bars and records, becoming World Champions, and last but not least, winning the league the easy way for a change.

The Berlin Wall was up for less time than it took us to win the league. But we've finally got back what we've all wanted. Unlike the past 3 times, the biggest feeling about this one for me is relief. No longer will we have the number of years since we last won it thrown in our face every couple of minutes. Winning cups is great, whether it's the European Cup or the Charity Shield. But winning your own national league over 9 months is the best of all. To do it in 31 games is unprecedented. The euphoria and the congratulations gradually gives way to quiet satisfaction over time. Satisfaction that our main goal has finally been achieved, and all the personal sacrifices we have made to watch this team do it, have been worth it. The storm is gone, and the golden sky looks wonderful from the top of the mountain.
      Fantastic post, LFC; so many incidents. highs & lows in one post. 

I've blocked an awful lot of those from memory!!

Keep drinking it in!!

COYR!!!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #314: Jun 30, 2020 03:21:50 pm
      I like Souness being ahead of his time by getting us dumped out of the cups early every year!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #315: Jun 30, 2020 04:05:33 pm
      Klopp’s T- Shirt.....children of Bogdan  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: :lmao:  :lmao:

f***in class !

Y  N W A
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #316: Jun 30, 2020 05:49:47 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #317: Jun 30, 2020 06:21:59 pm
      Never going to accept a good word about Ramos, ever.

the cartoon definitely wasn't praising Ramos. Brands him for the thug he is.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #318: Jul 01, 2020 02:20:34 pm

Think Standard Chartered should offer us  :

Free Banking
      Red Debit Card
      Red Credit Card  with automatic £10k limit.
      Current Account with automatic £10k  overdraft.

Thats just a Starter Account for the missus or for the kids.

;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #319: Jul 01, 2020 06:59:47 pm

What a record.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #320: Jul 01, 2020 10:36:39 pm
      "We won't defend the title....we shall attack it"

I F***ing love our boss!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #321: Jul 01, 2020 11:04:32 pm
      Two well known club scene DJ's and massive reds are claiming on fb provisional date for trophy parade is October 25th.

Take that with whatever amount of salt you want.

Quick Reply