Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2020!

Read 89125 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!
      Reply #345: Jul 14, 2020 12:27:05 pm
      Do you think we'll lift the title next week against Chelsea or will they leave it until Newcastle?

You sure your a Liverpool support? I'm a Manc and knew it was the Chav game  ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #346: Jul 14, 2020 12:55:55 pm
      I thought it's confirmed we're lifting it after the Chelsea game?

Is it? Obviously presumed it would be but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #347: Jul 14, 2020 01:04:56 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #348: Jul 14, 2020 07:40:03 pm
      Do you think we'll lift the title next week against Chelsea or will they leave it until Newcastle?

Not heard anything confirmed yet. Just thinking with it being at home the club might be worried people are going to celebrate outside the stadium again. Obviously now that the pubs have reopened it could tempt people to head down and watch the match by the ground

Chelsea, because it's the home game.

Newcastle is away.

Also loving the idea about plans to lift the title from The Kop.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #349: Jul 15, 2020 09:55:15 am
      Chelsea, because it's the home game.

Newcastle is away.

Also loving the idea about plans to lift the title from The Kop.

Yeah I thought they might have chose to do it at Newcastle with it being away because of all the hissy fits about people congregating by the ground. Glad it's Anfield. The thing on the Kop seems a good idea, should look boss with all the flags around it
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #350: Jul 15, 2020 05:12:27 pm
      Dalglish set to perform the presentations next Wednesday. Sky have also moved the game onto free-to-air in the hope it will encourage people to stay at home. Good luck with that!  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #351: Jul 15, 2020 05:20:22 pm
      Dalglish set to perform the presentations next Wednesday. Sky have also moved the game onto free-to-air in the hope it will encourage people to stay at home. Good luck with that!  ;D

F**k it!! Breaking social distance rules and going out.  ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #352: Jul 15, 2020 05:32:55 pm
      F**k it!! Breaking social distance rules and going out.  ;D

I'll keep a few smoke bombs aside for you Keith - your lot play in red too don't they? Can join in the party & celebrate making top 4 after we beat Chelsea!  ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #353: Jul 15, 2020 05:37:34 pm
      I'll keep a few smoke bombs aside for you Keith - your lot play in red too don't they? Can join in the party & celebrate making top 4 after we beat Chelsea!  ;)

Now I'm all for that.  :lmao: Literally... COME ON YOU REDS  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #354: Jul 15, 2020 07:15:58 pm
      Yeah I thought they might have chose to do it at Newcastle with it being away because of all the hissy fits about people congregating by the ground. Glad it's Anfield. The thing on the Kop seems a good idea, should look boss with all the flags around it

I'm obviously not condoning fans heading to the ground but it's worth pointing out that considering the scenes outside Anfield after winning the title, rates of Coronavirus are now actually lower in Liverpool than places like Manchester and the other towns and areas of the North West.

Think there's been 4 confirmed cases per 100,000 people in the last week in Liverpool. 

Anyway, stay safe everyone.  Masks and hands and all that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #355: Jul 15, 2020 11:17:06 pm

Could it not be arranged to let a dozen or so fans of the club, people who represent various aspects of our support, areas, eras or something truly representative, to take part in the trophy lift? You can still test or screen everyone, but just at least have SOME fans present. ???

It's easy to say no way, but in truth, shouldn't we be working to make at least something symbolic like that happen?
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2020 02:03:49 pm by Robby The Z »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #356: Jul 15, 2020 11:44:07 pm
      Could it not be arranged to let a dozen or so fans of the club, people who represent various aspects of our support, areas, eras or something truly representative, to take part in the trophy lift. You can still test or screen everyone, but just at least have SOME fans present. ???

It's easy to say no way, but in truth, shouldn't we be working to make at least something symbolic like that happen?

I was watching an interview with the Oxford Utd manager at the weekend, his team had just reached the playoff final at Wembley so the club asked (I think the EFL) if they were allowed to have a few family members in the stadium to watch and were given a straight no.

I think the only reason Kenny is involved is because he's still on the payroll in some context so he's classed as more of a director than a spectator.

I hope something can be arranged and you'd think it could with a bit of common sense, but not holding my breath!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #357: Jul 16, 2020 12:31:27 am
      Could it not be arranged to let a dozen or so fans of the club, people who represent various aspects of our support, areas, eras or something truly representative, to take part in the trophy lift. You can still test or screen everyone, but just at least have SOME fans present. ???

Better to have no one than a few.Imagine the internet whine of those not selected!  :f_wah: :f_steam:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #358: Jul 16, 2020 01:38:10 am

Better to have no one than a few.Imagine the internet whine of those not selected!  :f_wah: :f_steam:

Don't worry Boston, I would recommend you to represent the Merseyside Diaspora. I just need you to promise to get Fabinho's jersey for me.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #359: Jul 16, 2020 07:53:00 am

Be good for them to get a bit of fume practice in for when they have to decide who gets in on a reduced basis next season
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #360: Jul 16, 2020 08:24:12 am
      I think the only reason Kenny is involved is because he's still on the payroll

And had coronavirus!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #361: Jul 16, 2020 08:26:43 am
      So do we lift the trophy before or after getting beaten by Chelsea because on current form there is no bloody way we beat them next week, such a disappointing end to the season, yes I know we've won it and that's is of course great but the margin of victory is eroding day by day, may well be down to just 12 points by the end down from 23, every possible record slipping through our fingers.

I just hope the players stop feeling so self satisfied by the time the new season starts.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #362: Jul 16, 2020 09:35:46 am
      So do we lift the trophy before or after getting beaten by Chelsea because on current form there is no bloody way we beat them next week, such a disappointing end to the season, yes I know we've won it and that's is of course great but the margin of victory is eroding day by day, may well be down to just 12 points by the end down from 23, every possible record slipping through our fingers.

I just hope the players stop feeling so self satisfied by the time the new season starts.

Once Henderson lifts that trophy above his head on Wednesday I won't be arsed one bit about the Arsenal result or whatever result we would have gotten an hour or so earlier, to be honest I'll probably be too twatted to even remember!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #363: Jul 16, 2020 10:48:45 am
      Once Henderson lifts that trophy above his head on Wednesday I won't be arsed one bit about the Arsenal result or whatever result we would have gotten an hour or so earlier, to be honest I'll probably be too twatted to even remember!

Fair point I'm gradually chilling out about it as well, still a bit annoying not getting the record but in the grand scheme of things who cares.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #364: Jul 16, 2020 11:32:38 am
      Fair point I'm gradually chilling out about it as well, still a bit annoying not getting the record but in the grand scheme of things who cares.

Your learning  ;D and more to the point chilling  ;D
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #365: Jul 18, 2020 10:02:07 pm
      fellow reds, just enjoy the day and have a, whatever you enjoy, with everyone that has seen this with you
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #366: Jul 19, 2020 01:54:35 am
      Just under 4 days to go till The Hendo Shuffle!!!

Can't F***ing wait!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #367: Jul 19, 2020 10:59:11 am
      "And then some guy on Twitter said but you didn't get 100 points"

- Credit to some random Twitter account.

Quick Reply