Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pier Head Reds

Read 25418 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Pier Head Reds
      Reply #23: Jun 27, 2020 07:02:27 pm
      Immature, idiotic, brain-dead ruffians will often find their excuse to riot and rampage,

I wouldn't go that far! All the pictures and vids I've seen are anything but a riot or rampage. And anyone screaming organized crime take a chill pill. Welcome to the world of social media and mobile phones. How do you think word spread?

What I've seen reminded me of the old Mathew Street festival with added pyro, i.e people of the city getting bladdered having a party on the streets. Nothing more, nothing less. Whether I agree with it or not that is what it reminds me of.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24: Jun 27, 2020 07:04:43 pm
      I find it very hard to believe any genuine Liverpool fan would fire a rocket at the liver building. If they do find the culprit (( via security cameras )) will be very interesting to know the details of the  person involved.

Pissed divvy red thinking he can hit the Everton offices would be my guess!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25: Jun 27, 2020 07:06:32 pm
      Immature, idiotic, brain-dead ruffians will often find their excuse to riot and rampage, and this was one perfect opportunity. The negative connotations that all LFC fans will have to endure as a result is a great shame. It will be used as a club with which to beat all the club's supporters. Fortunately the vast majority have common sense and common decency on their side, and the broad shoulders to endure whatever criticism comes from outsiders. And from those who soil their good name.

It's young Scousers having a party. The only way I can descrbe it!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #26: Jun 27, 2020 08:21:28 pm
      Ended up going to Anfield after the game on Thursday. Maybe a bit selfish but after spending the last 14 weeks not seeing anybody apart from my girlfriend (who I live with) all while watching protests, street parties, illegal raves & people flocking to beaches on the news I thought F**k it. The thought of seeing more packed beaches on the news knowing that I chose not to celebrate our title would have infuriated me

Anfield was great though, must have stayed til about 4am with my da who I haven't seen in months. Superb atmosphere, no aggro whatsoever, just everybody enjoying themselves spontaneously. What happened yesterday seemed completely different. Didn't end up going yesterday as I was still hungover from the night before but it seemed a much different atmosphere from what I've saw / heard. Groups of young scallies turning up for an excuse to get off their heads and cause a bit of trouble. Load of scallies at Anfield on the Thursday mind, but they were reds first & foremost and just turned up for a good time. Same probably can't be said for the pockets of dickheads last night

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Jun 27, 2020 08:32:13 pm
      Ended up going to Anfield after the game on Thursday. Maybe a bit selfish but after spending the last 14 weeks not seeing anybody apart from my girlfriend (who I live with) all while watching protests, street parties, illegal raves & people flocking to beaches on the news I thought F**k it. The thought of seeing more packed beaches on the news knowing that I chose not to celebrate our title would have infuriated me

Anfield was great though, must have stayed til about 4am with my da who I haven't seen in months. Superb atmosphere, no aggro whatsoever, just everybody enjoying themselves spontaneously. What happened yesterday seemed completely different. Didn't end up going yesterday as I was still hungover from the night before but it seemed a much different atmosphere from what I've saw / heard. Groups of young scallies turning up for an excuse to get off their heads and cause a bit of trouble. Load of scallies at Anfield on the Thursday mind, but they were reds first & foremost and just turned up for a good time. Same probably can't be said for the pockets of dickheads last night

That would be a fair summary of things!

Glad you enjoyed yourself Thursday, seeing the flares in front on the main stand I was tempted to just call a cab, but then being in work the next morning made me think twice!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2020 09:44:19 pm by HUYTON RED »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Jun 27, 2020 08:39:21 pm
      Pissed divvy red thinking he can hit the Everton offices would be my guess!!

;D

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #29: Jun 27, 2020 09:11:02 pm
      That would be a fair summary of things!

Glad you enjoyed yourself Thursday, seeing the flares in front on the main stand I was tempted to just call a cab, but then being in work rhe next morning made me think twice!!

Cabs were a nightmare mate, think I waited over an hour for one on Thursday because everyone was going to the ground. Jibbed it off in the end and managed to flag a black one on our street, don't think I got to the ground til just before midnight!

Used the wait wisely though and warmed the vocal chords up on the balcony!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30: Jun 27, 2020 09:11:07 pm
      Over exuberance getting out of hand. Always a few idiots spoil it. Shouldn't lose sight that the vast majority celebrated in the right way. The lockdown was obviously a factor and when you have such a release of energy some of it gets misdirected.

This club evokes high emotion, seen it even with the boss. Don't overdo the issue.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #31: Jun 27, 2020 09:41:09 pm
      My daughter has a friend who lives in the City centre, he was out and about last night and said the actions of quite a few were absolutely disgraceful. He did however stress that not everyone out last night were Liverpool fans, indeed he said he thought some were not even football fans, some were just out to cause trouble. Sadly there were LFC fans out last night whose behaviour brought shame on this Club and this City, as a Club we neither need or want them. We’ve waited 30 years for this, every single one of us wants to celebrate, the vast majority of us have done it in a careful and sensible way, given the times we are living through. I totally got Thursday night outside Anfield, it was spontaneous, last night was organised, I hope we can find out who was behind it and ban them for life. As for the lunatic who launched a rocket at the Liver Building, he is dangerous and needs locking up!

I bet not one of them has been to a game in their lives.  What drives these diinquents,  Is it purley social media? I understand that peeps have never seen us win the league,and I do understand, I was young once but if there a second strike, more people will die.  Please think about it
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Jun 27, 2020 09:47:22 pm
      I bet not one of them has been to a game in their lives.  What drives these diinquents,  Is it purley social media? I understand that peeps have never seen us win the league,and I do understand, I was young once but if there a second strike, more people will die.  Please think about it

Same as those venturing to any of the raves, some of the younger element will have been the game (probably the aways) and dragged their dickhead mates along!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #33: Jun 28, 2020 07:19:29 am
      I'm not from the city or from England but I can't get my head around this action. He/she could have injured one of our own too.

We will have time to celebrate don't worry but now is not the time to do it!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #34: Jun 28, 2020 09:53:27 am

Name and shame!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #35: Jun 28, 2020 10:05:54 am
      Quite a bit of sh*t happened according to this article, a lads been charged with causing 10k's worth of damage to the liver building.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/uk-news/2020/06/27/man-arrested-on-suspicion-of-arson-after-firework-thrown-at-liver-building/

Not a LFC shirt, flag or scarfe to be seen among these so called LFC supporters.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #36: Jun 28, 2020 10:19:52 am
      Not a LFC shirt, flag or scarfe to be seen among these so called LFC supporters.

Plenty of supporters don't wear colours Stu.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #37: Jun 28, 2020 10:50:04 am
      He's already been named, arrested and charged mate, along with a few others, it's in that article I posted above your comment. 10k of damage, I reckon that's a go to jail, directly to jail, do not pass go for him.

Thank God!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38: Jun 28, 2020 02:05:56 pm
      Firework boy a blue ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39: Jun 28, 2020 02:06:47 pm

Not sure, but definitely a F***ing wool!

From Scarisbrook in Lancashire.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40: Jun 28, 2020 02:39:10 pm
      Not sure, but definitely a f**king wool!

From Scarisbrook in Lancashire.

Looks like somebody posted a picture of the wrong guy all over twiitter and fb, as if being a blue wasn't bad enough
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #41: Jun 28, 2020 02:46:57 pm
      There seems to be a lot of rioting and violent conduct following the lockdown and social distancing enforcement. A lot of pent of aggression among the idiots of society, and they are lashing out whenever they get chance.

This has little to do with Liverpool FC and more to do with the context of what is happening in the country.

I read reports that the Police dispersed the crowd of Liverpool supporters, and it was a short time after that, that a group of people came and started attacking police. These may have had nothing to do with Liverpool fans. This is unfortunately happening all over the UK where crowds are gathering. Others are using it as an opportunity to lash out.

As always, the bitters are pointing the finger at Liverpool fans and pushing for bans etc. Ridiculous.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #42: Jun 28, 2020 03:16:54 pm
      Plenty of supporters don't wear colours Stu.

Is correct Si but with such a memorable event in the club's history being 'celebrated' a good number of shirts or even scarves would have been expected.
      On any given day you would see the strip  somewhere at the Pier Head, it was noticeable by its absence with these dickheads.
      Glad they collared the dickhead concerned.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #43: Jun 28, 2020 03:19:05 pm
      There seems to be a lot of rioting and violent conduct following the lockdown and social distancing enforcement. A lot of pent of aggression among the idiots of society, and they are lashing out whenever they get chance.

This has little to do with Liverpool FC and more to do with the context of what is happening in the country.

I read reports that the Police dispersed the crowd of Liverpool supporters, and it was a short time after that, that a group of people came and started attacking police. These may have had nothing to do with Liverpool fans. This is unfortunately happening all over the UK where crowds are gathering. Others are using it as an opportunity to lash out.

As always, the bitters are pointing the finger at Liverpool fans and pushing for bans etc. Ridiculous.

Definitely. I know a few blues who went down as it was just an opportunity for a few bevvies with everybody in the sun. None of them caused any trouble but you can see the attraction it had for people (especially the younger ones) who have been holed up inside for months

Live in the city centre not far from the Pier Head and on two different occasions on Friday there were groups of young lads scrapping. I don't think anybody in any of the groups looked older than about 19, no doubt these would have been acting the same way in the bars & clubs if they were open. The high horse the blues are on trying to make out that none of this would happen if the shoe was on the other foot, even though they share the same city is ridiculous
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #44: Jun 28, 2020 03:47:19 pm
      I've seen 4 'photo's on Twitter, each showing a different male with a large rocket firework, also seen a 'photo of someone who looks very similar to one of the 4 in an Everton shirt, there is a lot of info and mis-info there, but if found to be true that one of them is an Evertonian, then I'd like to see them explain this, people club, only local fans my arse.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #45: Jun 28, 2020 04:03:24 pm
      I've seen 4 'photo's on Twitter, each showing a different male with a large rocket firework, also seen a 'photo of someone who looks very similar to one of the 4 in an Everton shirt, there is a lot of info and mis-info there, but if found to be true that one of them is an Evertonian, then I'd like to see them explain this, people club, only local fans my arse.

A false story was spread by blues on twitter about somebody getting stabbed at the Pier Head. No confirmation of any victim, nothing in the papers and no statement from police so it was obviously a dud, not that it matters because its already done the rounds & 1000s of people now believe it as fact

The sad thing was somebody actually did get stabbed to death that night, but at a house party in Toxteth unrelated to the events at the Pier Head. But there was no outrage from the Twitter blues because the culprit wasn't a "kopite"

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2020 04:14:20 pm by TameImpala »

Quick Reply