Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pier Head Reds

Read 25415 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Pier Head Reds
      Jun 27, 2020 12:21:35 am
      F***ing knobheads firing fireworks at the liver building cos it's lit up blue
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2020 06:32:52 pm by JD »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Re: PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!
      Reply #1: Jun 27, 2020 01:46:04 am
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #2: Jun 27, 2020 07:57:09 am
      Cant have a go at people going to the beach in their thousands and then laugh about hanging around in town in large numbers
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4: Jun 27, 2020 09:21:10 am
      Cant have a go at people going to the beach in their thousands and then laugh about hanging around in town in large numbers

Agree 100%

Many of our own have let themselves down badly.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #5: Jun 27, 2020 10:47:51 am

I think it’s incredibly stupid. More mud on the city. Idiots.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6: Jun 27, 2020 11:05:05 am
      The buildings at Pier Head are supposed to be lit Red for a week.

The Liver Building was lit blue at the top . Blue rag to a bull ?

I'll say what you all want to but daren't.....

F***ing good shot wasn't it !?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #7: Jun 27, 2020 11:33:34 am

If you are triggered by the colour blue and anything else from that irrelevant pile of sh*t then God help you.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Jun 27, 2020 11:39:37 am
      If you are triggered by the colour blue and anything else from that irrelevant pile of sh*t then God help you.

On the side of the Righteous brother . Amen.

I actually said :       " A blue rag to a bull?"

Not to me.
      Read my post next time.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #9: Jun 27, 2020 11:43:54 am
      On the side of the Righteous brother . Amen.

I actually said :       " A blue rag to a bull?"

Not to me.
      Read my post next time.

Whatever, bottom line is it's not funny
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #10: Jun 27, 2020 11:47:57 am
      Not looking to have a go at anyone personally but last night really pissed me off, celebrating is one thing but firing fireworks is pure F***ing stupidity
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #11: Jun 27, 2020 12:50:54 pm

It’s F***ing pathetic - it was lit red white and blue and once again our fans have let the club down with their actions over the past two nights

Any moral high ground with had in the past has gone - bunch of classless idiots.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #12: Jun 27, 2020 01:10:01 pm
      Many of our own have let themselves down badly.

Not many.  A vast minority.  I don't know what the numbers of people who were knocking around at Pier Head was - a couple of thousand.  Compare that to the number of people at a parade.

I didn't have a problem with the Anfield stuff.  I went out in to my road and had a good sing.  If I lived next to the ground I wouldn't have been able to stop myself.

Pier Head stuff was idiotic but it was a tiny fraction of reds in the city region.  I remember reading the Governments planning for lockdown and they estimated 30% wouldn't abide by the rules.  There wasn't 30% of reds fans there last night - in fact there wasn't probably even 3%.  A lot more than 3% of the general population are idiots!

It's pretty simple.  They shouldn't have gone down there, the local media rags shouldn't have egged them on and the police have powers to prevent congregations.

And that's all I need to say about that.  Up the mighty reds!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Jun 27, 2020 01:29:25 pm
      Not many.  A vast minority.  I don't know what the numbers of people who were knocking around at Pier Head was - a couple of thousand.  Compare that to the number of people at a parade.

I didn't have a problem with the Anfield stuff.  I went out in to my road and had a good sing.  If I lived next to the ground I wouldn't have been able to stop myself.

Pier Head stuff was idiotic but it was a tiny fraction of reds in the city region.  I remember reading the Governments planning for lockdown and they estimated 30% wouldn't abide by the rules.  There wasn't 30% of reds fans there last night - in fact there wasn't probably even 3%. 

A lot more than 3% of the general population are idiots!

It's pretty simple.  They shouldn't have gone down there, the local media rags shouldn't have egged them on and the police have powers to prevent congregations.

My sentiments entirely.
      Head cases.  Always a few.

3% ? 
      Theres a lot more than that % as basket case Trump supporters in the States.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14: Jun 27, 2020 01:31:35 pm

Pier Head stuff was idiotic but it was a tiny fraction of reds in the city region.  I remember reading the Governments planning for lockdown and they estimated 30% wouldn't abide by the rules.  There wasn't 30% of reds fans there last night - in fact there wasn't probably even 3%.  A lot more than 3% of the general population are idiots!

Agree Thursday and Friday seem very different. Spontaneous joy on Thursday. Like Jürgen running.onto the park to hug Alisson after Divock beat Everton. He apologized and we all both got it and loved it. If in the next match he did the same thing for our first goal (and on the way back kicks over the oppoonents water bottles) then he looks irresponsible.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Jun 27, 2020 01:46:54 pm
      My sentiments entirely.
      Head cases.  Always a few.

3% ? 
      Theres a lot more than that % as basket case Trump supporters in the States.

Wow you managed to shoe horn Trump into this discussion, congrats smooth segue!! ;-)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #16: Jun 27, 2020 01:49:02 pm

Yea, 'many' is maybe an exaggeration.

Like you say they shouldn't have gone down there, still feel they've let themselves down and in a way us as a fanbase but not going to dwell on it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #17: Jun 27, 2020 01:51:55 pm
      Yea, 'many' is maybe an exaggeration.

Like you say they shouldn't have gone down there, still feel they've let themselves down and in a way us as a fanbase but not going to dwell on it.

Got the blue shirt trending on Twitter   suppose something had to because there's  no chance football would
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #18: Jun 27, 2020 02:22:43 pm

Understand the point being made but in this current modern social media world the fans who did go down there have put embarrassment on the club , it’s opened the doors to all the negativity from the media and opposition fans and it keeps happening every year. It’s the minority as it always is but that small minority have caused a major issue.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19: Jun 27, 2020 02:34:09 pm
      It’s f**king pathetic - it was lit red white and blue and once again our fans have let the club down with their actions over the past two nights

Any moral high ground with had in the past has gone - bunch of classless idiots.

This maybe my usual paranoia that I get from time to time. However, is the minority of Liverpool fans doing this on their own or is some of it organised by morons who just look for trouble too?

After all what's going on in the world right now I wouldn't be surprised. Organised crime is on the up in my opinion and its down to social media. The cu*ts just get off on looking for trouble, doesn't have to be football, just anything to get in papers & social media.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #20: Jun 27, 2020 03:25:43 pm
      My daughter has a friend who lives in the City centre, he was out and about last night and said the actions of quite a few were absolutely disgraceful. He did however stress that not everyone out last night were Liverpool fans, indeed he said he thought some were not even football fans, some were just out to cause trouble. Sadly there were LFC fans out last night whose behaviour brought shame on this Club and this City, as a Club we neither need or want them. We’ve waited 30 years for this, every single one of us wants to celebrate, the vast majority of us have done it in a careful and sensible way, given the times we are living through. I totally got Thursday night outside Anfield, it was spontaneous, last night was organised, I hope we can find out who was behind it and ban them for life. As for the lunatic who launched a rocket at the Liver Building, he is dangerous and needs locking up!
      LadyGuinnie
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | 12 
      Reply #21: Jun 27, 2020 03:36:32 pm
      This maybe my usual paranoia that I get from time to time. However, is the minority of Liverpool fans doing this on their own or is some of it organised by morons who just look for trouble too?

After all what's going on in the world right now I wouldn't be surprised. Organised crime is on the up in my opinion and its down to social media. The cu*ts just get off on looking for trouble, doesn't have to be football, just anything to get in papers & social media.
      Immature, idiotic, brain-dead ruffians will often find their excuse to riot and rampage, and this was one perfect opportunity. The negative connotations that all LFC fans will have to endure as a result is a great shame. It will be used as a club with which to beat all the club's supporters. Fortunately the vast majority have common sense and common decency on their side, and the broad shoulders to endure whatever criticism comes from outsiders. And from those who soil their good name.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #22: Jun 27, 2020 04:59:02 pm
      My daughter has a friend who lives in the City centre, he was out and about last night and said the actions of quite a few were absolutely disgraceful. He did however stress that not everyone out last night were Liverpool fans, indeed he said he thought some were not even football fans, some were just out to cause trouble. Sadly there were LFC fans out last night whose behaviour brought shame on this Club and this City, as a Club we neither need or want them. We’ve waited 30 years for this, every single one of us wants to celebrate, the vast majority of us have done it in a careful and sensible way, given the times we are living through. I totally got Thursday night outside Anfield, it was spontaneous, last night was organised, I hope we can find out who was behind it and ban them for life. As for the lunatic who launched a rocket at the Liver Building, he is dangerous and needs locking up!

This is exactly what I'm saying about organised crime. I really do believe it goes on. Problem is how do we tell the difference ?

I too fully understand Thursday nite. 30 years in waiting doesn't matter who you support there's always going to be massive crowd under those circumstances. All though I personally wouldn't of done it I can't really condem it too much even though it goes against covid 19 regulations.

I find it very hard to believe any genuine Liverpool fan would fire a rocket at the liver building. If they do find the culprit (( via security cameras )) will be very interesting to know the details of the  person involved.

Quick Reply