Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool Champions squad: To keep, loan or sell.

Read 7769 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Liverpool Champions squad: To keep, loan or sell.
      Jun 28, 2020 11:14:28 am
      With Covid-19, our transfers will be and had been affected.

Liverpool FC has confirmed that Nathaniel Clyne, Andy Lonergan and Adam Lallana will be released. Lonergan and Lallana have penned a short-period contract until this season's end.

Several Academy players will also leave Liverpool at the end of June, with Dan Atherton, Isaac Christie-Davies, Shamal George, Kai McKenzie-Lyle, Jack Walls, Alex Turner and Abel Rodrigues set to depart.

To sell: Lovren, Shaqiri, Adrian, Grujic, Woodburn, Ejaria, Awoniyi, Ojo and Phillips.

To keep: Karius, Elliot, Jones, Williams, Hoever, Wilson, Kelleher and all the rest of the 1st team.

To loan: Brewster, Van der Berg.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool Champions squad: To keep, loan or sell.
      Reply #1: Jun 28, 2020 12:21:58 pm

Liverpool FC has confirmed that Nathaniel Clyne, Andy Lonergan and Adam Lallana will be released. Lonergan and Lallana have penned a short-period contract until this season's end.

Several Academy players will also leave Liverpool at the end of June, with Dan Atherton, Isaac Christie-Davies, Shamal George, Kai McKenzie-Lyle, Jack Walls, Alex Turner and Abel Rodrigues set to depart.

To sell: Lovren, Shaqiri, Adrian, Grujic, Woodburn, Ejaria, Awoniyi, Ojo and Phillips.

To keep: Karius, Elliot, Jones, Williams, Hoever, Wilson, Kelleher and all the rest of the 1st team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brewster is back with us day in day out. I expect Adrian to stay.

Wilson will be sold, I reckon.

Is your logic that Karius will stay based on nobody wanting him? That may be, but I expect we would accept the loss and let him go for next to nothing. I'd take Adrian over him as our backup keeper any day.

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #2: Jun 28, 2020 12:24:25 pm

Sell Karius
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #3: Jun 28, 2020 12:56:58 pm
      Lovren...£8m...Shaqiri...£12m...Wilson...£22m...Woodburn...£18m...Karius...£3.5m. Lot depends on how long they have left, contract wise.

Grujic has been on loan to Hertha Berlin. We paid £5.1m for him, only 24 so we'll get that back, probably £8m.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #4: Jun 28, 2020 12:57:58 pm

I expect we will definitely look to sell Karius.

If we get a decent offer for Origi I think we should consider selling.

I think we will sell Wilson also especially if Bournemouth stay up I expect them to bid over £20 million for him.

So we could potentially sell up to 12 players which should bring in over £100 million towards transfers.

We then need to sign backups for GK, CB, LB, AM, and FW positions.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #5: Jun 28, 2020 01:15:02 pm
      I expect we will definitely look to sell Karius.

If we get a decent offer for Origi I think we should consider selling.

I think we will sell Wilson also especially if Bournemouth stay up I expect them to bid over £20 million for him.

So we could potentially sell up to 12 players which should bring in over £100 million towards transfers.

We then need to sign backups for GK, CB, LB, AM, and FW positions.

How many would sell the Ox and buy Traore...mmm...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #6: Jun 28, 2020 01:20:34 pm

Not me mate.

They play different positions anyway.

Ox is 100% keeper for me.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #7: Jun 28, 2020 01:25:40 pm
      No chance, I’d buy traore regardless
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #8: Jun 28, 2020 01:29:40 pm
      Bin Lovren off. Last few times he's been called on now (Pre & Post covid) he's proven to be a liability.

Think Karius will be gone, whether or not anybody will pay a fee for him that's a different matter but I think we could come to some sort of mutual agreement to release him from his contract. Pointless him staying here, Kiev is in the past now, don't think many reds hold that much of a grudge against him as we've gone on to better things, and he wouldn't get much of a chance to redeem himself with Alison here anyway.

I'd like to get a better #2 if possible in place of Adrian. Somebody with a few international caps under their belt, towards the end of their career maybe. Always liked the idea of having an experienced head as a #2

Shaqiri looks like he's off regardless. I think he's a good player and would have kept him going off what I've saw, but it seems there could be a bit of an issue between him & Klopp.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #9: Jun 28, 2020 01:44:13 pm
      I would not sell Ox for sure not. We need a huge squad with talent and he's a good player.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #10: Jun 28, 2020 08:18:14 pm
      Not me mate.

They play different positions anyway.

Ox is 100% keeper for me.

Well yes I like the Ox but we are just not getting the best out of him.He plays best coming thru the centre, picking it up running at defences, firing in those low rasping shots.Things can happen in that position. But he nearly always plays out wide and he's not as effective there.

Traore can play off the wing or even a bit deeper.Pace & strength off the mark. Bit rustic but he would give us serious options from the wing. Just speculation, might go for Traore anyway.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #11: Jun 28, 2020 08:25:35 pm
      Could even mix it up with Trent playing wing back with Williams coming in at left back.With Mo wide and cutting in, would be a very strong right side. Williams is to good not to play him, turned 19 in April. Won't be week in week out but it's an option the Gaffa might look at.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Jun 28, 2020 08:30:18 pm

Sell Adrian! No way, came in as a last minute buy (free), thrown in unexpectedly, and we went on an unbeaten league run that lay the foundations it the Championship.

Keep Karius, err opposite of above.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Jun 28, 2020 08:35:40 pm

That is 100% not happening. More like £1.8mill
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #14: Jun 28, 2020 09:05:01 pm
      Lovren...£8m...Shaqiri...£12m...Wilson...£22m...Woodburn...£18m...Karius...£3.5m. Lot depends on how long they have left, contract wise.

Grujic has been on loan to Hertha Berlin. We paid £5.1m for him, only 24 so we'll get that back, probably £8m.

Woodburn 18m you having a laugh ?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #15: Jun 28, 2020 10:25:09 pm
      Woodburn 18m you having a laugh ?

I don't even think we could get Bournemouth interested in him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16: Jun 28, 2020 10:34:51 pm
       F**k me, can't we just enjoy every minute of this Title Celebration for the next 10 years  ;D ;D ;D and think about this in the off Season!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17: Jun 30, 2020 05:01:44 am
      Klopp sat down with some journos Monday and made a very strong commitment to using young players like Jones, Elliott and Williams more prominently next season. Also said any incoming transfers will be smaller ticket items.

“Covid has influenced both sides, ins and out,” he said. “It’s just not likely that it will be the most busy summer in the world. But maybe at a later point in the year, if the transfer window is still open, we will know more. But this squad – just look at it. It is not a squad you have to change now and say: ‘OK, we need this position and this position.’ What we want is to create our transfers internally. So now, the first glimpses of Neco Williams. Bring the boys up. Curtis, Harvey, Ki-Jana [Hoever], Sepp [van den Berg], Yasser [Larouci], Leighton [Clarkson], Jake Cain: all these boys have done really well.

“We want to strengthen this squad and this squad is strong. The problem is how do you improve a strong squad on the transfer market? It works with money, obviously, but it never works only with money. You have to be creative and we try to be creative. We try to find solutions internally. And there is still a lot to come. We have three or four players who can make big, big steps. People will be afraid that these boys will get lazy [after winning the league]. These boys, like they showed against Crystal Palace, cannot get lazy. It is just not in their nature.”
      - From The Guardian
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #18: Jun 30, 2020 06:18:12 am
      this has to be the best period of time in many years to create world class players from within, to promote properly, use the systems as they are intended (like most of the country isn't doing anymore). we should be changing the conversation from "why haven't Liverpool bought anyone yet?" at the start of a window, to what should become more like "why would Liverpool buy anyone?". you only buy to fix problems not because a window is open, i remember that being the way before the new money took over. i'm glad Klopp is bringing the good way back.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: Jun 30, 2020 08:24:04 am
      I hope we dont bloody keep Karius whoever said that!

I'm happy to wait and see. I'd like to see Adana Traore here but other than him have no burning desire to get players in.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,227 posts | 4920 
      Reply #20: Jun 30, 2020 09:51:16 am

I don't even think we could get Bournemouth interested in him.

I'd thought we'd already sold him to be honest!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #21: Jun 30, 2020 10:12:02 am
      I wouldn't be surprised if Brewster is back with us day in day out. I expect Adrian to stay.

Wilson will be sold, I reckon.

Is your logic that Karius will stay based on nobody wanting him? That may be, but I expect we would accept the loss and let him go for next to nothing. I'd take Adrian over him as our backup keeper any day.

I'd like to see where Karius is mentality wise, technically I think he's a better keeper than Adrian. Ideally I'd prefer someone better than both of them, either established Keeper coming to end of career or up and coming hotshot.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Jun 30, 2020 10:15:47 am
      Sell Adrian! No way, came in as a last minute buy (free), thrown in unexpectedly, and we went on an unbeaten league run that lay the foundations it the Championship.

Keep Karius, err opposite of above.

and how well did Adrian do against Chelsea in the FA Cup and Ateletico in CL, he cost us both games, there is no debate over that, he''s a liability similar to Mignolet, and in those prem games he played we conceded in every single game I think.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,523 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #23: Jun 30, 2020 10:31:55 am
      really cant be bothered with threads like this anymore, maybe im getting too old for all the bickering about something we have nothing to do with, or maybe I just trust the club & klopp . ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: Jun 30, 2020 01:00:02 pm
      really cant be bothered with threads like this anymore, maybe im getting too old for all the bickering about something we have nothing to do with, or maybe I just trust the club & klopp . ;D

Nothing wrong with discussing it.

I know I'm under no delusion that my opinion matters beyond the confines of friendly conversation. I'm comfortable with that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,523 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Jun 30, 2020 01:47:41 pm
      Nothing wrong with discussing it.

I know I'm under no delusion that my opinion matters beyond the confines of friendly conversation. I'm comfortable with that.

I know I get it, and I used to enjoy discussing it. just dont anymore. ;D

Just getting old now.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #26: Jun 30, 2020 01:53:40 pm
      AFCON tournament to be put back until January 2022
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #27: Jun 30, 2020 01:58:24 pm
      Great news about the African Cup. Next bit of news should come in the next week or so about Citeh and CAS. Hopefully the league will take action with a points deduction... Number 20 inbound  :kop5cf8koxp6: or am I getting carried away?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Jun 30, 2020 01:59:15 pm

Fixed it .

;D

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29: Jun 30, 2020 02:00:13 pm

Excellent news.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1475 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #30: Jun 30, 2020 02:17:02 pm
      GK;
      Keep: Allison, Adrian, Kelleher
      Sell: Karius
      Loan: Gabara

DEF;
      Keep: Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Matip, Trent, Williams, Hoever
      Sell: Lovren, Phillps
      Loan: Van den Berg

MID;
      Keep: Fabinho, Gini, Milner, Keita, Henderson, Chamberlain, Jones
      Sell: Shaqiri, Grujic, Ejaria, Wilson, Ojo
      Loan: Woodburn

FWD;
      Keep: Firmino, Mane, Salah, Minimino, Elliot
      Sell: Origi, Awoniyi
      Loan: Brewster

And then I'd try to bring in a promising young LB, CB and CF (if not, take Brewster off the loan list and keep)

EDIT:
      My desired signings, young and should be quite cheap if on a covid budget.
      LB - Alphonso Davies
      CB - Kabak
      CF - Boadu
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2020 02:31:28 pm by AlwaysTheKop »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #31: Jun 30, 2020 04:08:57 pm
      and how well did Adrian do against Chelsea in the FA Cup and Ateletico in CL, he cost us both games, there is no debate over that, he''s a liability similar to Mignolet, and in those prem games he played we conceded in every single game I think.

May be we should sell the forwards for now scoring enough, and the defence too for letting those pesky opposition players too close to goal while we're at it.

Oh, and we  did keep a clean sheet during Adrián's spell, so you can drop that stat.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #32: Jun 30, 2020 04:10:55 pm
      Going off what Klopp has said and recent articles I expect we'll move on just the players out on loan and make no signings of note apart from maybe a young player or two.

EDIT:
      My desired signings, young and should be quite cheap if on a covid budget.
      LB - Alphonso Davies
      CB - Kabak
      CF - Boadu

I mean Alphonso Davies won't be cheap - 50m at least I'd say! Kid is one of the best left backs around already and Bayern don't sell many that aren't past their peak.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #33: Jun 30, 2020 04:16:00 pm

Great news.

Takes the pressure off having to sign a backup for Sadio and Mo this Summer.

We can hold firm and go for Sancho next Summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #34: Jun 30, 2020 04:19:00 pm
      Going off what Klopp has said and recent articles I expect we'll move on just the players out on loan and make no signings of note apart from maybe a young player or two.

I mean Alphonso Davies won't be cheap - 50m at least I'd say! Kid is one of the best left backs around already and Bayern don't sell many that aren't past their peak.

Agreed. Can't see us signing anyone apart from a backup keeper and CB if Karius and Lovren leave.

Maybe a LB too if we can find a decent young player for a low fee.

That will be our lot I think.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts | 279 
      Reply #35: Jun 30, 2020 04:56:02 pm

Call me greedy but now the PL is in the bag I'm feeling stinking rotten about going out of the CL in the way we did. If Atletico or anyone else played us off the park I'd have no problem in getting beaten by the better side on the day but we were defending Champions and Adrian cost us.
      IMO both Adrian and Karius cost us European titles.. A little harsh on Adrian maybe but both aren't good enough for Liverpool even as back up, I'd sooner have a older experienced back up keeper who won't let you down like Reina or Begovic who are both on loan from their parent clubs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36: Jun 30, 2020 05:39:46 pm
      May be we should sell the forwards for now scoring enough, and the defence too for letting those pesky opposition players too close to goal while we're at it.

Oh, and we  did keep a clean sheet during Adrián's spell, so you can drop that stat.

You are quite right we kept clean sheets against Burnley and Sheff Utd, I still think we need a better backup keeper than Adrian though, he cost us against Chelsea and Atletico.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #37: Jun 30, 2020 05:40:16 pm
      Call me greedy but now the PL is in the bag I'm feeling stinking rotten about going out of the CL in the way we did. If Atletico or anyone else played us off the park I'd have no problem in getting beaten by the better side on the day but we were defending Champions and Adrian cost us.
      IMO both Adrian and Karius cost us European titles.. A little harsh on Adrian maybe but both aren't good enough for Liverpool even as back up, I'd sooner have a older experienced back up keeper who won't let you down like Reina or Begovic who are both on loan from their parent clubs.

Reina wont let ya down?? C'mon, dude was always one step away from a F**k up and he can't even get into a sh*t villa team at the mo.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1475 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #38: Jun 30, 2020 05:41:03 pm

True on Davies, but I rate the lad a lot, if he was available for around 40 I’d bite there hands off, he’d rip apart that left side in the Prem for years to come.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts | 279 
      Reply #39: Jul 01, 2020 10:27:08 am

Reina wont let ya down?? C'mon, dude was always one step away from a f**k up and he can't even get into a sh*t villa team at the mo.

I'll concede that one maybe not Reina now but a confident experienced back up, Adrian hardly looks composed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #40: Jul 01, 2020 11:11:11 am
      he can't even get into a sh*t villa team at the mo.

He is at the end of his career, he’s said about potentially retiring at the end of the season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41: Jul 01, 2020 11:14:44 am
      I'll concede that one maybe not Reina now but a confident experienced back up, Adrian hardly looks composed.

The goalkeeper conundrum.

Anyone backing up Alisson has a thankless task.

Karius ?  Its obvious the lad's confidence was blown out of the water on the biggest stage of all nor did it help that RM played the Dark Arts that night.
      Adrian?  Did better than I thought ....but he would end up being fallible on the big stage in the big games.

Klopp's ruthless when he needs to be and maybe the Anfield analytics team are seeing something in Karius whilst on loan for us to hang on to him.
      Knowing what we know , the Red's Hogwarts Wizards will be tracking a few goalkeepers and we may see a surprising, new " Who Is That ?" player come in.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Jul 01, 2020 11:30:48 am
      Recall either Klopp or Pep saying they’re looking for a left back who can play in other positions. No one is displacing Robbo but can get their games elsewhere.

Bukayo Saka is the perfect profile.

He’ll be relatively cheap in a market like this. Can play both flanks, behind a striker and left back. Bags of potential, him.

Not arsed overall, though. Reckon Jones is nailed for more games and after assessing how the finances and market are Elliott and Neco etc. will plug any gaps.
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #43: Jul 01, 2020 11:37:34 am
      Recall either Klopp or Pep saying they’re looking for a left back who can play in other positions. No one is displacing Robbo but can get their games elsewhere.

He’ll be relatively cheap in a market like this. Can play both flanks, behind a striker and left back. Bags of potential, him.

Not arsed overall, though. Reckon Jones is nailed for more games and after assessing how the finances and market are Elliott and Neco etc. will plug any gaps.

The beauty of Milner can fill in at either FB or in midfield absolutely priceless players like that
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #44: Jul 01, 2020 11:54:00 am
      The beauty of Milner can fill in at either FB or in midfield absolutely priceless players like that

Unfortunately getting on with age and looked limited playing there in the derby. About time we had a decent back up lb option instead of constantly having to rely on Milner.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #45: Jul 01, 2020 11:58:19 am
      Karius, Lovren, Shaqiri and Origi are probably the ones you wouldn't raise an eyebrow at if they went on to leave this summer.

I think this is a really critical period to ensure we have plenty of youngsters in and around the senior world class players, because this is arguably the best education any footballer in Europe can be undergoing across all positions.

Of the four players above the one I'd least like to see leave is Origi because he has proven time and time again that he can do the scrappy things that perhaps the other front three can't do in certain situations.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #46: Jul 01, 2020 12:03:07 pm
      Unfortunately getting on with age and looked limited playing there in the derby. About time we had a decent back up lb option instead of constantly having to rely on Milner.

He only played about 20 minutes before picking up an injury to be fair.

Think the club might be in a bit of limbo over LB, perhaps unsure whether to ride it out with Milner as the cover until Larouchi shows whether he is ready or not.

But I can’t think who would even make a decent back up at left back, it seems like a slim pickings area of the game at the moment, especially in terms of who would fit our style of play.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1475 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #47: Jul 01, 2020 12:13:05 pm

Think the club might be in a bit of limbo over LB, perhaps unsure whether to ride it out with Milner as the cover until Larouchi shows whether he is ready or not.

But I can’t think who would even make a decent back up at left back, it seems like a slim pickings area of the game at the moment, especially in terms of who would fit our style of play.
      This is why I like the idea of Alphonso Davies, he’s a LB but just as comfortable at LM and with his ridiculous pace I’m sure would make a great LW too, he could be cover for Robbo and Mane.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #48: Jul 01, 2020 12:34:31 pm
      This is why I like the idea of Alphonso Davies, he’s a LB but just as comfortable at LM and with his ridiculous pace I’m sure would make a great LW too, he could be cover for Robbo and Mane.

Superb player, the couple of times I've seen him in Champions League games, can't see Bayern being too keen on selling and can't see us affording him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #49: Jul 01, 2020 12:36:09 pm

No doubt looks a real talent but we simply 100% aren’t going to pay 60mill+ for a player to come in as cover for Robbo. There’s more chance of us signing Mbappe.

If we go for anyone then my money would be on Saka, but even then it’s not really solving the issue of cover at LB because whilst he can play there, ultimately he’s a winger.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Jul 01, 2020 01:02:27 pm

Never mind.

https://twitter.com/arsenal/status/1278297355209641985?s=21
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: Jul 01, 2020 01:15:42 pm

Could Neco Williams cover the LB slot at a push? I know he's more RB but surely would give more energy and drive going forwards than Milner.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #52: Jul 01, 2020 01:16:32 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #53: Jul 01, 2020 02:26:09 pm

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1277963090936492034

Hahaha I know it's supposed to be 'banter' but talk about hitting the mark!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1475 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #54: Jul 01, 2020 02:56:40 pm
      Maybe Nuno Tavares from Benfica another option for young LB? Young, fast and a decent cross... I think there’s literally only a handful of decent LBs in the world, good job we have the best already.

Lodi at Atletico looks pretty decent too.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #55: Jul 01, 2020 03:07:16 pm
      Maybe Nuno Tavares from Benfica another option for young LB? Young, fast and a decent cross... I think there’s literally only a handful of decent LBs in the world, good job we have the best already.

Lodi at Atletico looks pretty decent too.

I would like us to go for Jamal Lewis I think Klopp could make a good player out of him as backup to Robbo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #56: Jul 01, 2020 04:48:34 pm
      Could Neco Williams cover the LB slot at a push? I know he's more RB but surely would give more energy and drive going forwards than Milner.

I’d say more Trent than Neco to fill in over that side it came to it. But then again, don’t forget Gomez is capable of playing LB.

I don’t think the club really view it as a priority right now because we do have players more than capable of filling in there.

Personally I’d like to see Adam Lewis pushed on and see what he can do as cover there. If we were to sign someone then I’d probably hazard a guess at Ricardo Rodriguez as he wouldn’t cost a massive amount, he’s got plenty of experience and he’s quite attacking.

But like I say, I don’t think the club views it as a priority so I wouldn’t expect to see anyone signed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Jul 01, 2020 06:00:43 pm
      https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1277963090936492034

Hahaha I know it's supposed to be 'banter' but talk about hitting the mark!

Had a look at that place (Bluemoon) and the conspiracy sh*t is F***ing epic.
      It's almost brilliant in it's sheer petulant insanity.

5 stars
      Highly recommend ;)
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #58: Jul 01, 2020 06:11:47 pm
      Had a look at that place (Bluemoon) and the conspiracy sh*t is f**king epic.
      It's almost brilliant in it's sheer petulant insanity.

5 stars
      Highly recommend ;)

The number of them who went on about VAR conspiracy vs those who recognised how good we are were embarrassingly huge. Not sure if it is still the case.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #59: Jul 01, 2020 06:25:16 pm
      Can't say I blame him, guaranteed starter in that team.

On the bench today ;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #60: Jul 01, 2020 07:11:05 pm
      I think Jürgen liked what he seen when Larouci made his bow in the league cup, he was very impressive when he came on and looked as though he is the ideal cover, he himself got the nod ahead of young Adam Lewis who unfortunately was injured at that time or else he would have made the bench himself, that’s two potential players who if given the chance will I’m sure grasp the nettle,
      They both have the talent, the pace & skills, they only have to look across the pitch and see TAA, for the motivation if any were required,

Millie is getting on a bit for sure but I bet he’s still a vital component next season, and of course we have JoGo if things turned to sh*t, we have to keep in mind that any potential addition has to fit the system, not just on the pitch but off it too, and that goes for any position anywhere,

The GK issue is a interesting one, I really can’t see any way back for Karius, he is simply not good enough, not even as a No2, we may as well get Pegguy back, or to be more accurate Pegguy’s Cat, as for Adrian, I don’t know, he has pulled off some belters for us as well as the odd howler, he did well initially but went off the boil towards the end of his stint, that just might be a confidence thing, but I’d rather have him as back up than Karius,

Players going out for pastures new, obviously Lallana, probably Shaq too, you can add Karius, Grujcic, maybe Lovren, Pedro May have already gone, not sure, and I’m not 100% convinced Harry Wilson will ever get game time here either, but you never know, wee Eddy Howe hasn’t played him so whether he’s injured or off his game, F**k knows, Any hoo, can’t see Divock going anywhere, not this summer unless Jürgen pulls a rabbit and lands Dembele or someone, Aubamuyang from the Goons maybe ?

Y  N  W  A

rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #61: Jul 01, 2020 08:43:42 pm

Didnt say he was player of year pal just stating the importance of having players who can play several positions
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #62: Jul 02, 2020 10:28:51 am

OK OK, but you know what I mean, hell of a lot closer to being an automatic starter in that team than he would be with us for example.

Quick Reply