Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool Champions squad: To keep, loan or sell.

Read 7682 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Liverpool Champions squad: To keep, loan or sell.
      Jun 28, 2020 11:14:28 am
      With Covid-19, our transfers will be and had been affected.

Liverpool FC has confirmed that Nathaniel Clyne, Andy Lonergan and Adam Lallana will be released. Lonergan and Lallana have penned a short-period contract until this season's end.

Several Academy players will also leave Liverpool at the end of June, with Dan Atherton, Isaac Christie-Davies, Shamal George, Kai McKenzie-Lyle, Jack Walls, Alex Turner and Abel Rodrigues set to depart.

To sell: Lovren, Shaqiri, Adrian, Grujic, Woodburn, Ejaria, Awoniyi, Ojo and Phillips.

To keep: Karius, Elliot, Jones, Williams, Hoever, Wilson, Kelleher and all the rest of the 1st team.

To loan: Brewster, Van der Berg.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool Champions squad: To keep, loan or sell.
      Reply #1: Jun 28, 2020 12:21:58 pm

Liverpool FC has confirmed that Nathaniel Clyne, Andy Lonergan and Adam Lallana will be released. Lonergan and Lallana have penned a short-period contract until this season's end.

Several Academy players will also leave Liverpool at the end of June, with Dan Atherton, Isaac Christie-Davies, Shamal George, Kai McKenzie-Lyle, Jack Walls, Alex Turner and Abel Rodrigues set to depart.

To sell: Lovren, Shaqiri, Adrian, Grujic, Woodburn, Ejaria, Awoniyi, Ojo and Phillips.

To keep: Karius, Elliot, Jones, Williams, Hoever, Wilson, Kelleher and all the rest of the 1st team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brewster is back with us day in day out. I expect Adrian to stay.

Wilson will be sold, I reckon.

Is your logic that Karius will stay based on nobody wanting him? That may be, but I expect we would accept the loss and let him go for next to nothing. I'd take Adrian over him as our backup keeper any day.

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #2: Jun 28, 2020 12:24:25 pm

Sell Karius
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: Jun 28, 2020 12:56:58 pm
      Lovren...£8m...Shaqiri...£12m...Wilson...£22m...Woodburn...£18m...Karius...£3.5m. Lot depends on how long they have left, contract wise.

Grujic has been on loan to Hertha Berlin. We paid £5.1m for him, only 24 so we'll get that back, probably £8m.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #4: Jun 28, 2020 12:57:58 pm

I expect we will definitely look to sell Karius.

If we get a decent offer for Origi I think we should consider selling.

I think we will sell Wilson also especially if Bournemouth stay up I expect them to bid over £20 million for him.

So we could potentially sell up to 12 players which should bring in over £100 million towards transfers.

We then need to sign backups for GK, CB, LB, AM, and FW positions.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Jun 28, 2020 01:15:02 pm
      I expect we will definitely look to sell Karius.

If we get a decent offer for Origi I think we should consider selling.

I think we will sell Wilson also especially if Bournemouth stay up I expect them to bid over £20 million for him.

So we could potentially sell up to 12 players which should bring in over £100 million towards transfers.

We then need to sign backups for GK, CB, LB, AM, and FW positions.

How many would sell the Ox and buy Traore...mmm...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #6: Jun 28, 2020 01:20:34 pm

Not me mate.

They play different positions anyway.

Ox is 100% keeper for me.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #7: Jun 28, 2020 01:25:40 pm
      No chance, I’d buy traore regardless
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #8: Jun 28, 2020 01:29:40 pm
      Bin Lovren off. Last few times he's been called on now (Pre & Post covid) he's proven to be a liability.

Think Karius will be gone, whether or not anybody will pay a fee for him that's a different matter but I think we could come to some sort of mutual agreement to release him from his contract. Pointless him staying here, Kiev is in the past now, don't think many reds hold that much of a grudge against him as we've gone on to better things, and he wouldn't get much of a chance to redeem himself with Alison here anyway.

I'd like to get a better #2 if possible in place of Adrian. Somebody with a few international caps under their belt, towards the end of their career maybe. Always liked the idea of having an experienced head as a #2

Shaqiri looks like he's off regardless. I think he's a good player and would have kept him going off what I've saw, but it seems there could be a bit of an issue between him & Klopp.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #9: Jun 28, 2020 01:44:13 pm
      I would not sell Ox for sure not. We need a huge squad with talent and he's a good player.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Jun 28, 2020 08:18:14 pm
      Not me mate.

They play different positions anyway.

Ox is 100% keeper for me.

Well yes I like the Ox but we are just not getting the best out of him.He plays best coming thru the centre, picking it up running at defences, firing in those low rasping shots.Things can happen in that position. But he nearly always plays out wide and he's not as effective there.

Traore can play off the wing or even a bit deeper.Pace & strength off the mark. Bit rustic but he would give us serious options from the wing. Just speculation, might go for Traore anyway.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Jun 28, 2020 08:25:35 pm
      Could even mix it up with Trent playing wing back with Williams coming in at left back.With Mo wide and cutting in, would be a very strong right side. Williams is to good not to play him, turned 19 in April. Won't be week in week out but it's an option the Gaffa might look at.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Jun 28, 2020 08:30:18 pm

Sell Adrian! No way, came in as a last minute buy (free), thrown in unexpectedly, and we went on an unbeaten league run that lay the foundations it the Championship.

Keep Karius, err opposite of above.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Jun 28, 2020 08:35:40 pm

That is 100% not happening. More like £1.8mill
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #14: Jun 28, 2020 09:05:01 pm
      Lovren...£8m...Shaqiri...£12m...Wilson...£22m...Woodburn...£18m...Karius...£3.5m. Lot depends on how long they have left, contract wise.

Grujic has been on loan to Hertha Berlin. We paid £5.1m for him, only 24 so we'll get that back, probably £8m.

Woodburn 18m you having a laugh ?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #15: Jun 28, 2020 10:25:09 pm
      Woodburn 18m you having a laugh ?

I don't even think we could get Bournemouth interested in him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16: Jun 28, 2020 10:34:51 pm
       F**k me, can't we just enjoy every minute of this Title Celebration for the next 10 years  ;D ;D ;D and think about this in the off Season!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17: Jun 30, 2020 05:01:44 am
      Klopp sat down with some journos Monday and made a very strong commitment to using young players like Jones, Elliott and Williams more prominently next season. Also said any incoming transfers will be smaller ticket items.

“Covid has influenced both sides, ins and out,” he said. “It’s just not likely that it will be the most busy summer in the world. But maybe at a later point in the year, if the transfer window is still open, we will know more. But this squad – just look at it. It is not a squad you have to change now and say: ‘OK, we need this position and this position.’ What we want is to create our transfers internally. So now, the first glimpses of Neco Williams. Bring the boys up. Curtis, Harvey, Ki-Jana [Hoever], Sepp [van den Berg], Yasser [Larouci], Leighton [Clarkson], Jake Cain: all these boys have done really well.

“We want to strengthen this squad and this squad is strong. The problem is how do you improve a strong squad on the transfer market? It works with money, obviously, but it never works only with money. You have to be creative and we try to be creative. We try to find solutions internally. And there is still a lot to come. We have three or four players who can make big, big steps. People will be afraid that these boys will get lazy [after winning the league]. These boys, like they showed against Crystal Palace, cannot get lazy. It is just not in their nature.”
      - From The Guardian
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #18: Jun 30, 2020 06:18:12 am
      this has to be the best period of time in many years to create world class players from within, to promote properly, use the systems as they are intended (like most of the country isn't doing anymore). we should be changing the conversation from "why haven't Liverpool bought anyone yet?" at the start of a window, to what should become more like "why would Liverpool buy anyone?". you only buy to fix problems not because a window is open, i remember that being the way before the new money took over. i'm glad Klopp is bringing the good way back.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: Jun 30, 2020 08:24:04 am
      I hope we dont bloody keep Karius whoever said that!

I'm happy to wait and see. I'd like to see Adana Traore here but other than him have no burning desire to get players in.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #20: Jun 30, 2020 09:51:16 am

I don't even think we could get Bournemouth interested in him.

I'd thought we'd already sold him to be honest!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #21: Jun 30, 2020 10:12:02 am
      I wouldn't be surprised if Brewster is back with us day in day out. I expect Adrian to stay.

Wilson will be sold, I reckon.

Is your logic that Karius will stay based on nobody wanting him? That may be, but I expect we would accept the loss and let him go for next to nothing. I'd take Adrian over him as our backup keeper any day.

I'd like to see where Karius is mentality wise, technically I think he's a better keeper than Adrian. Ideally I'd prefer someone better than both of them, either established Keeper coming to end of career or up and coming hotshot.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Jun 30, 2020 10:15:47 am
      Sell Adrian! No way, came in as a last minute buy (free), thrown in unexpectedly, and we went on an unbeaten league run that lay the foundations it the Championship.

Keep Karius, err opposite of above.

and how well did Adrian do against Chelsea in the FA Cup and Ateletico in CL, he cost us both games, there is no debate over that, he''s a liability similar to Mignolet, and in those prem games he played we conceded in every single game I think.

Quick Reply