Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool Champions squad: To keep, loan or sell.

Read 7667 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Liverpool Champions squad: To keep, loan or sell.
      Reply #23: Jun 30, 2020 10:31:55 am
      really cant be bothered with threads like this anymore, maybe im getting too old for all the bickering about something we have nothing to do with, or maybe I just trust the club & klopp . ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: Jun 30, 2020 01:00:02 pm
      really cant be bothered with threads like this anymore, maybe im getting too old for all the bickering about something we have nothing to do with, or maybe I just trust the club & klopp . ;D

Nothing wrong with discussing it.

I know I'm under no delusion that my opinion matters beyond the confines of friendly conversation. I'm comfortable with that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Jun 30, 2020 01:47:41 pm
      Nothing wrong with discussing it.

I know I'm under no delusion that my opinion matters beyond the confines of friendly conversation. I'm comfortable with that.

I know I get it, and I used to enjoy discussing it. just dont anymore. ;D

Just getting old now.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26: Jun 30, 2020 01:53:40 pm
      AFCON tournament to be put back until January 2022
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #27: Jun 30, 2020 01:58:24 pm
      Great news about the African Cup. Next bit of news should come in the next week or so about Citeh and CAS. Hopefully the league will take action with a points deduction... Number 20 inbound  :kop5cf8koxp6: or am I getting carried away?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #28: Jun 30, 2020 01:59:15 pm
      How many would sell the Ox and buy Traore...mmm...

Fixed it .

;D

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29: Jun 30, 2020 02:00:13 pm

Excellent news.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #30: Jun 30, 2020 02:17:02 pm
      GK;
      Keep: Allison, Adrian, Kelleher
      Sell: Karius
      Loan: Gabara

DEF;
      Keep: Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Matip, Trent, Williams, Hoever
      Sell: Lovren, Phillps
      Loan: Van den Berg

MID;
      Keep: Fabinho, Gini, Milner, Keita, Henderson, Chamberlain, Jones
      Sell: Shaqiri, Grujic, Ejaria, Wilson, Ojo
      Loan: Woodburn

FWD;
      Keep: Firmino, Mane, Salah, Minimino, Elliot
      Sell: Origi, Awoniyi
      Loan: Brewster

And then I'd try to bring in a promising young LB, CB and CF (if not, take Brewster off the loan list and keep)

EDIT:
      My desired signings, young and should be quite cheap if on a covid budget.
      LB - Alphonso Davies
      CB - Kabak
      CF - Boadu
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2020 02:31:28 pm by AlwaysTheKop »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #31: Jun 30, 2020 04:08:57 pm
      and how well did Adrian do against Chelsea in the FA Cup and Ateletico in CL, he cost us both games, there is no debate over that, he''s a liability similar to Mignolet, and in those prem games he played we conceded in every single game I think.

May be we should sell the forwards for now scoring enough, and the defence too for letting those pesky opposition players too close to goal while we're at it.

Oh, and we  did keep a clean sheet during Adrián's spell, so you can drop that stat.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #32: Jun 30, 2020 04:10:55 pm
      Going off what Klopp has said and recent articles I expect we'll move on just the players out on loan and make no signings of note apart from maybe a young player or two.

EDIT:
      My desired signings, young and should be quite cheap if on a covid budget.
      LB - Alphonso Davies
      CB - Kabak
      CF - Boadu

I mean Alphonso Davies won't be cheap - 50m at least I'd say! Kid is one of the best left backs around already and Bayern don't sell many that aren't past their peak.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #33: Jun 30, 2020 04:16:00 pm

Great news.

Takes the pressure off having to sign a backup for Sadio and Mo this Summer.

We can hold firm and go for Sancho next Summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #34: Jun 30, 2020 04:19:00 pm
      Going off what Klopp has said and recent articles I expect we'll move on just the players out on loan and make no signings of note apart from maybe a young player or two.

I mean Alphonso Davies won't be cheap - 50m at least I'd say! Kid is one of the best left backs around already and Bayern don't sell many that aren't past their peak.

Agreed. Can't see us signing anyone apart from a backup keeper and CB if Karius and Lovren leave.

Maybe a LB too if we can find a decent young player for a low fee.

That will be our lot I think.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #35: Jun 30, 2020 04:56:02 pm
      and how well did Adrian do against Chelsea in the FA Cup and Ateletico in CL, he cost us both games, there is no debate over that, he''s a liability similar to Mignolet, and in those prem games he played we conceded in every single game I think.

Call me greedy but now the PL is in the bag I'm feeling stinking rotten about going out of the CL in the way we did. If Atletico or anyone else played us off the park I'd have no problem in getting beaten by the better side on the day but we were defending Champions and Adrian cost us.
      IMO both Adrian and Karius cost us European titles.. A little harsh on Adrian maybe but both aren't good enough for Liverpool even as back up, I'd sooner have a older experienced back up keeper who won't let you down like Reina or Begovic who are both on loan from their parent clubs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36: Jun 30, 2020 05:39:46 pm
      May be we should sell the forwards for now scoring enough, and the defence too for letting those pesky opposition players too close to goal while we're at it.

Oh, and we  did keep a clean sheet during Adrián's spell, so you can drop that stat.

You are quite right we kept clean sheets against Burnley and Sheff Utd, I still think we need a better backup keeper than Adrian though, he cost us against Chelsea and Atletico.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #37: Jun 30, 2020 05:40:16 pm
      Call me greedy but now the PL is in the bag I'm feeling stinking rotten about going out of the CL in the way we did. If Atletico or anyone else played us off the park I'd have no problem in getting beaten by the better side on the day but we were defending Champions and Adrian cost us.
      IMO both Adrian and Karius cost us European titles.. A little harsh on Adrian maybe but both aren't good enough for Liverpool even as back up, I'd sooner have a older experienced back up keeper who won't let you down like Reina or Begovic who are both on loan from their parent clubs.

Reina wont let ya down?? C'mon, dude was always one step away from a F**k up and he can't even get into a sh*t villa team at the mo.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #38: Jun 30, 2020 05:41:03 pm

True on Davies, but I rate the lad a lot, if he was available for around 40 I’d bite there hands off, he’d rip apart that left side in the Prem for years to come.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #39: Jul 01, 2020 10:27:08 am

Reina wont let ya down?? C'mon, dude was always one step away from a f**k up and he can't even get into a sh*t villa team at the mo.

I'll concede that one maybe not Reina now but a confident experienced back up, Adrian hardly looks composed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40: Jul 01, 2020 11:11:11 am
      he can't even get into a sh*t villa team at the mo.

He is at the end of his career, he’s said about potentially retiring at the end of the season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41: Jul 01, 2020 11:14:44 am
      I'll concede that one maybe not Reina now but a confident experienced back up, Adrian hardly looks composed.

The goalkeeper conundrum.

Anyone backing up Alisson has a thankless task.

Karius ?  Its obvious the lad's confidence was blown out of the water on the biggest stage of all nor did it help that RM played the Dark Arts that night.
      Adrian?  Did better than I thought ....but he would end up being fallible on the big stage in the big games.

Klopp's ruthless when he needs to be and maybe the Anfield analytics team are seeing something in Karius whilst on loan for us to hang on to him.
      Knowing what we know , the Red's Hogwarts Wizards will be tracking a few goalkeepers and we may see a surprising, new " Who Is That ?" player come in.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Jul 01, 2020 11:30:48 am
      Recall either Klopp or Pep saying they’re looking for a left back who can play in other positions. No one is displacing Robbo but can get their games elsewhere.

Bukayo Saka is the perfect profile.

He’ll be relatively cheap in a market like this. Can play both flanks, behind a striker and left back. Bags of potential, him.

Not arsed overall, though. Reckon Jones is nailed for more games and after assessing how the finances and market are Elliott and Neco etc. will plug any gaps.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #43: Jul 01, 2020 11:37:34 am
      Recall either Klopp or Pep saying they’re looking for a left back who can play in other positions. No one is displacing Robbo but can get their games elsewhere.

Bukayo Saka is the perfect profile.

He’ll be relatively cheap in a market like this. Can play both flanks, behind a striker and left back. Bags of potential, him.

Not arsed overall, though. Reckon Jones is nailed for more games and after assessing how the finances and market are Elliott and Neco etc. will plug any gaps.

The beauty of Milner can fill in at either FB or in midfield absolutely priceless players like that
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44: Jul 01, 2020 11:54:00 am
      The beauty of Milner can fill in at either FB or in midfield absolutely priceless players like that

Unfortunately getting on with age and looked limited playing there in the derby. About time we had a decent back up lb option instead of constantly having to rely on Milner.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #45: Jul 01, 2020 11:58:19 am
      Karius, Lovren, Shaqiri and Origi are probably the ones you wouldn't raise an eyebrow at if they went on to leave this summer.

I think this is a really critical period to ensure we have plenty of youngsters in and around the senior world class players, because this is arguably the best education any footballer in Europe can be undergoing across all positions.

Of the four players above the one I'd least like to see leave is Origi because he has proven time and time again that he can do the scrappy things that perhaps the other front three can't do in certain situations.

Quick Reply