Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool Champions squad: To keep, loan or sell.

Read 7666 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool Champions squad: To keep, loan or sell.
      Reply #46: Jul 01, 2020 12:03:07 pm
      Unfortunately getting on with age and looked limited playing there in the derby. About time we had a decent back up lb option instead of constantly having to rely on Milner.

He only played about 20 minutes before picking up an injury to be fair.

Think the club might be in a bit of limbo over LB, perhaps unsure whether to ride it out with Milner as the cover until Larouchi shows whether he is ready or not.

But I can’t think who would even make a decent back up at left back, it seems like a slim pickings area of the game at the moment, especially in terms of who would fit our style of play.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #47: Jul 01, 2020 12:13:05 pm

Think the club might be in a bit of limbo over LB, perhaps unsure whether to ride it out with Milner as the cover until Larouchi shows whether he is ready or not.

But I can’t think who would even make a decent back up at left back, it seems like a slim pickings area of the game at the moment, especially in terms of who would fit our style of play.
      This is why I like the idea of Alphonso Davies, he’s a LB but just as comfortable at LM and with his ridiculous pace I’m sure would make a great LW too, he could be cover for Robbo and Mane.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #48: Jul 01, 2020 12:34:31 pm
      This is why I like the idea of Alphonso Davies, he’s a LB but just as comfortable at LM and with his ridiculous pace I’m sure would make a great LW too, he could be cover for Robbo and Mane.

Superb player, the couple of times I've seen him in Champions League games, can't see Bayern being too keen on selling and can't see us affording him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #49: Jul 01, 2020 12:36:09 pm

No doubt looks a real talent but we simply 100% aren’t going to pay 60mill+ for a player to come in as cover for Robbo. There’s more chance of us signing Mbappe.

If we go for anyone then my money would be on Saka, but even then it’s not really solving the issue of cover at LB because whilst he can play there, ultimately he’s a winger.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Jul 01, 2020 01:02:27 pm
      Recall either Klopp or Pep saying they’re looking for a left back who can play in other positions. No one is displacing Robbo but can get their games elsewhere.

Bukayo Saka is the perfect profile.

He’ll be relatively cheap in a market like this. Can play both flanks, behind a striker and left back. Bags of potential, him.

Not arsed overall, though. Reckon Jones is nailed for more games and after assessing how the finances and market are Elliott and Neco etc. will plug any gaps.

Never mind.

https://twitter.com/arsenal/status/1278297355209641985?s=21
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: Jul 01, 2020 01:15:42 pm

Could Neco Williams cover the LB slot at a push? I know he's more RB but surely would give more energy and drive going forwards than Milner.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #52: Jul 01, 2020 01:16:32 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #53: Jul 01, 2020 02:26:09 pm

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1277963090936492034

Hahaha I know it's supposed to be 'banter' but talk about hitting the mark!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #54: Jul 01, 2020 02:56:40 pm
      Maybe Nuno Tavares from Benfica another option for young LB? Young, fast and a decent cross... I think there’s literally only a handful of decent LBs in the world, good job we have the best already.

Lodi at Atletico looks pretty decent too.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #55: Jul 01, 2020 03:07:16 pm
      Maybe Nuno Tavares from Benfica another option for young LB? Young, fast and a decent cross... I think there’s literally only a handful of decent LBs in the world, good job we have the best already.

Lodi at Atletico looks pretty decent too.

I would like us to go for Jamal Lewis I think Klopp could make a good player out of him as backup to Robbo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #56: Jul 01, 2020 04:48:34 pm
      Could Neco Williams cover the LB slot at a push? I know he's more RB but surely would give more energy and drive going forwards than Milner.

I’d say more Trent than Neco to fill in over that side it came to it. But then again, don’t forget Gomez is capable of playing LB.

I don’t think the club really view it as a priority right now because we do have players more than capable of filling in there.

Personally I’d like to see Adam Lewis pushed on and see what he can do as cover there. If we were to sign someone then I’d probably hazard a guess at Ricardo Rodriguez as he wouldn’t cost a massive amount, he’s got plenty of experience and he’s quite attacking.

But like I say, I don’t think the club views it as a priority so I wouldn’t expect to see anyone signed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Jul 01, 2020 06:00:43 pm
      https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1277963090936492034

Hahaha I know it's supposed to be 'banter' but talk about hitting the mark!

Had a look at that place (Bluemoon) and the conspiracy sh*t is F***ing epic.
      It's almost brilliant in it's sheer petulant insanity.

5 stars
      Highly recommend ;)
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #58: Jul 01, 2020 06:11:47 pm
      Had a look at that place (Bluemoon) and the conspiracy sh*t is f**king epic.
      It's almost brilliant in it's sheer petulant insanity.

5 stars
      Highly recommend ;)

The number of them who went on about VAR conspiracy vs those who recognised how good we are were embarrassingly huge. Not sure if it is still the case.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #59: Jul 01, 2020 06:25:16 pm
      Can't say I blame him, guaranteed starter in that team.

On the bench today ;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #60: Jul 01, 2020 07:11:05 pm
      I think Jürgen liked what he seen when Larouci made his bow in the league cup, he was very impressive when he came on and looked as though he is the ideal cover, he himself got the nod ahead of young Adam Lewis who unfortunately was injured at that time or else he would have made the bench himself, that’s two potential players who if given the chance will I’m sure grasp the nettle,
      They both have the talent, the pace & skills, they only have to look across the pitch and see TAA, for the motivation if any were required,

Millie is getting on a bit for sure but I bet he’s still a vital component next season, and of course we have JoGo if things turned to sh*t, we have to keep in mind that any potential addition has to fit the system, not just on the pitch but off it too, and that goes for any position anywhere,

The GK issue is a interesting one, I really can’t see any way back for Karius, he is simply not good enough, not even as a No2, we may as well get Pegguy back, or to be more accurate Pegguy’s Cat, as for Adrian, I don’t know, he has pulled off some belters for us as well as the odd howler, he did well initially but went off the boil towards the end of his stint, that just might be a confidence thing, but I’d rather have him as back up than Karius,

Players going out for pastures new, obviously Lallana, probably Shaq too, you can add Karius, Grujcic, maybe Lovren, Pedro May have already gone, not sure, and I’m not 100% convinced Harry Wilson will ever get game time here either, but you never know, wee Eddy Howe hasn’t played him so whether he’s injured or off his game, F**k knows, Any hoo, can’t see Divock going anywhere, not this summer unless Jürgen pulls a rabbit and lands Dembele or someone, Aubamuyang from the Goons maybe ?

Y  N  W  A

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #61: Jul 01, 2020 08:43:42 pm
      Unfortunately getting on with age and looked limited playing there in the derby. About time we had a decent back up lb option instead of constantly having to rely on Milner.

Didnt say he was player of year pal just stating the importance of having players who can play several positions
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #62: Jul 02, 2020 10:28:51 am

OK OK, but you know what I mean, hell of a lot closer to being an automatic starter in that team than he would be with us for example.

Quick Reply