Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Manchester City v Liverpool (2July 2020 - 8:15pm)

Read 6461 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester City v Liverpool (2July 2020 - 8:15pm)
      Reply #23: Jul 01, 2020 03:55:24 am
      I hope we use the remaining games to get rhe likes of Keita, Minamino, Jones, Elliot, Hoever, and Williams some minutes.  If our transfer business is going to be disrupted by Covid then we need to see who of the fringe players is capable of stepping up and playing a bigger part in our success next season.

the fixtures will be pretty close together after Thursday, so Jürgen will likely mix some of these players in, a few at a time per match, not 11 changes for a game like we saw with some of the League Cup team selections.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24: Jul 01, 2020 04:48:46 am
      Should be a really entertaining game, just a pity, I do not have Sky tv, will have to make do with the highlights later on MotD.

David its on Pick TV or Freeview .
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: Jul 01, 2020 06:35:53 am

So we try different players and prepare for next season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Jul 01, 2020 08:09:51 am
      That's the issue isn't it. Do we go all out to set a new points record or do we experiment with the players coming through. Klopp said "we can't spend million and millions...we have to look for solutions within the club"..is he saying he will be giving Williams, Jones,Mini and other a lot more game time.

For me I think it's best to play younger players. Obviously having a points record would be great but we need a bigger capable squad for next season and beyond.

We will NEVER have a better chance of setting a points total record that will stand for all time, we play our strongest team every game and rotate in some youngsters when comfortable in each game, I think its easily possible to do both, especially with this 5 subs rule.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Jul 01, 2020 08:12:35 am

OK, but not against City, our closest rivals, against them surely we play our best XI.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #28: Jul 01, 2020 08:41:13 am
      Depending on how hard the celebrations have been I do expect this to probably be our strongest looking line up of the run in. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #29: Jul 01, 2020 09:07:29 am

Not away against City mate we want to put a marker down for next season with this lot.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #30: Jul 01, 2020 09:17:53 am
      Strong team for this one I think. After that think it's time to experiment a little.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31: Jul 01, 2020 09:33:30 am
      Strong team for this one I think. After that think it's time to experiment a little.

Aston Villa, Brighton and Burnley should be good opportunities to rotate a bit. We have 5 subs on the bench per match in case it goes a bit wrong. For the other matches City, Arse, Chavs and the final game against the Barcodes as strong a team as possible please.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Jul 01, 2020 10:03:26 am
      Same team again, he wont change it for this one. also 5 subs available for 2nd half.

He may start tinkering with lineups in the games after city, but even then, I cant see wholesale changes, they want to smash these records that are up for grabs.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #33: Jul 01, 2020 11:30:21 am

Did not think the match was on Pick or Freeview, will have to check, thanks anyway !
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #34: Jul 01, 2020 12:19:52 pm
      Batter these, then use the rest of the games to give the young ones some game time, especially now we have more subs to use, would love to see Neco given a few 30 minute stints.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #35: Jul 01, 2020 02:44:50 pm
      I would like to see the same lineup that we saw vs Palace than we can roate 3 or 4 players into the starting line-up game by game until the end of the season.

Looking forward to seeing that guard of honor   :)
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #36: Jul 01, 2020 02:48:38 pm
      Give some game time for players who’d need games to qualify for a medal.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #37: Jul 01, 2020 04:30:00 pm
      Klopp on this match and the guard of honor:

"We take it, it's a nice gesture, 100 per cent. I wouldn't need it, to be honest, because we go there and want to play a football game and either way we want to win the football game.

"I don't celebrate things what happened a week before or stuff like that. Again, it's a nice gesture but that's it pretty much.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #38: Jul 01, 2020 04:47:46 pm
      OK, but not against City, our closest rivals, against them surely we play our best XI.

Not away against City mate we want to put a marker down for next season with this lot.

We won it and that is all for this year. The only record that mattered it's done for me.

I would prepare for next season.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39: Jul 01, 2020 06:39:13 pm
      We won it and that is all for this year. The only record that mattered it's done for me.

I would prepare for next season.

Oh, then I have a lot more pride and ambition than you. I'm hoping for a repeat of 4-0 or more in every remaining match. I would be pissed if we show any sign of slacking. I'd be utterly disappointed with the team if we fail to keep a clean sheet. They'd have let me down. We must be relentless in the pursuit of ultimate supremacy. I'm such an interesting LFC fan...

Don't get me wrong. I only want the best results for the club. I make no compromise that I'm heartless. If you want some love, go get a Klopp hug. We are back to the serious business of supremacy. You can have your Christmas after the season ends. Oops, wrong thread. :mad:  :f_doh:  :f_steam: :f_whistle:  :f_wah:  >:D :rasp: :aaliverpool2xt1: :champ: :couch: :celebrate:
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #40: Jul 01, 2020 06:59:18 pm
      Oh, then I have a lot more pride and ambition than you. I'm hoping for a repeat of 4-0 or more in every remaining match. I would be pissed if we show any sign of slacking. I'd be utterly disappointed with the team if we fail to keep a clean sheet. They'd have let me down. We must be relentless in the pursuit of ultimate supremacy. I'm such an interesting LFC fan...

Don't get me wrong. I only want the best results for the club. I make no compromise that I'm heartless. If you want some love, go get a Klopp hug. We are back to the serious business of supremacy. You can have your Christmas after the season ends. Oops, wrong thread. :mad:  :f_doh:  :f_steam: :f_whistle:  :f_wah:  >:D :rasp: :aaliverpool2xt1: :champ: :couch: :celebrate:

I know what you're thinking but I'm already looking to next season how to defend our title. I'm looking towards the future not the present. I think if with my team, I would win nonetheless.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41: Jul 01, 2020 08:23:15 pm

Not the game for trying things out,  for me we go there and show them exactly why we are CHAMPIONS, they f***in scraped ahead of us last season, their win against us tipped the balance overall, this season we have essentially pissed it, and currently have a 23 point lead, not 1point, Twenty f***in Three, so let’s go there to the virtual Emptihad and f***in batter them,

I want us to play them off the f***in park, don’t give them a sniff, pass them to f***in death, show how WE are the best side ever ever ever ever to grace the EPL, Ever, show them we don’t need to BUY the f***in league, show them how to win it with sheer hard graft determination, passion, and never say die mindset,

I’m looking forward to their guard of honour, all their players, Pep, the tea ladies, the chef, their board, and right at the very end is that kunt Gallagher, High Flying Turd, I’d have that pr**k presenting Hendo with a mock up trophy, watch the tw*t squirm with f***in envy as he ties on the red ribbons( great musician btw)

From Citizens to Shitizens.

1-4 CHAMPIONS

Alisson

Trent   Gomez.  Virgil. Robbo

Fabinho
                                                        Hendo.                     Gini

Salah.        Bobby.      Mane

f***in HAVE IT ! !

Y  N  W  A

Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #42: Jul 01, 2020 09:21:33 pm
      Is Fernandinho banned?
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #43: Jul 01, 2020 09:27:37 pm

Are you sure mate, just looked at Pick on freeveiw (ch 11), and does'nt say its on.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #44: Jul 01, 2020 09:35:27 pm
      Can’t wait to see sterling’s grid 😊 🐍🐍🐍🐍
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #45: Jul 01, 2020 09:44:17 pm
      We will NEVER have a better chance of setting a points total record that will stand for all time, we play our strongest team every game and rotate in some youngsters when comfortable in each game, I think its easily possible to do both, especially with this 5 subs rule.

It was only a few days ago you were talking about dropping Firmino for Minamino and even Chamberlain.

Quick Reply