Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Manchester City v Liverpool (2July 2020 - 8:15pm)

Read 6465 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester City v Liverpool (2July 2020 - 8:15pm)
      Reply #46: Jul 01, 2020 09:48:29 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #47: Jul 01, 2020 10:26:30 pm
      A possible 107 points on the table.

Smash the cu*ts.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Jul 01, 2020 10:38:09 pm
      Has to strike the right balance between winning games and also having one eye on the future. Obviously City away has to be a strong line up. But having these 7 games with little or no pressure is to good an opportunity not to test younger players. Progression within the squad is vital for the future of the club.

Also younger players have to feel there is a route to the first team. Could be the Gaffa will try to do both. It's a fantastic position to be in. Great to hear the Gaffa also say "we attack next season"...gauntlet well and truely chucked down.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #49: Jul 01, 2020 11:35:02 pm

My word I hope they play Otamendi...
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #50: Jul 02, 2020 04:37:21 am
      Regardless of who we field we NEED to beat this Shiteh team to display our dominance not only of the PL this season but of the winners of the last 2 seasons, everyone slips up now and again (draws against the Scum and Bitters and a Buzzin' from the Hornets) but we don't want another one against this lot!
      2-1 to the reds. YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #51: Jul 02, 2020 07:15:44 am
      The thing is we dont 'need' to do anything. As title winners and champions league holders the superiority is proven already.

Seems like for years we have gone from must win game to must win game, for the fans at least its time to sit back and enjoy.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #52: Jul 02, 2020 08:35:15 am
      The thing is we dont 'need' to do anything. As title winners and champions league holders the superiority is proven already.

Seems like for years we have gone from must win game to must win game, for the fans at least its time to sit back and enjoy.

I see your point Foar,  but there is nothing like rubbing their noses in it is there, they will hate it standing in that guard of honour, they’ll be f***in cringing as we march down that line with heads held high, and they’ll be f***in livid, they’ll want some sort of recompense and they’ll try and do it on the pitch, but it ain’t gonna happen, cos we’ll be ready, JĂźrgen will want the boys to hammer home why we are Champions, we may not need to prove anything, you’re right, but there’s nothing like kicking your rival in the bollocks when their already hurting.

F**k ‘EM’

Y  N W A
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #53: Jul 02, 2020 09:41:26 am
      Hope to win this game tonight, to show we are the champions, City look good in attack, but vulnerable at the back. A 2  1 win for the Reds tonight at the Eithiad stadium.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Jul 02, 2020 09:54:10 am
      Oh, then I have a lot more pride and ambition than you. I'm hoping for a repeat of 4-0 or more in every remaining match. I would be pissed if we show any sign of slacking. I'd be utterly disappointed with the team if we fail to keep a clean sheet. They'd have let me down. We must be relentless in the pursuit of ultimate supremacy. I'm such an interesting LFC fan...

Don't get me wrong. I only want the best results for the club. I make no compromise that I'm heartless. If you want some love, go get a Klopp hug. We are back to the serious business of supremacy. You can have your Christmas after the season ends. Oops, wrong thread. :mad:  :f_doh:  :f_steam: :f_whistle:  :f_wah:  >:D :rasp: :aaliverpool2xt1: :champ: :couch: :celebrate:

Can you just for once post without all the childish sarcasm, I honestly never know when you're being serious or not.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #55: Jul 02, 2020 09:56:57 am
      It was only a few days ago you were talking about dropping Firmino for Minamino and even Chamberlain.

That was based on how he played against Everton not Palace, in any case against City we play our strongest most stable team, not a time for experimentation.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #56: Jul 02, 2020 10:33:13 am
      I think the Boss is going to unleash the beast against city.. pure attack attack attack..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Jul 02, 2020 01:31:00 pm

Exactly.

All this "lay down a marker" thing is fan stuff, sometimes fed by ex-players to try and ramp up rivalry etc to get more subscriptions for whatever sh*t show they work for.
      Players say it because fans like to hear it, so it builds excitement and isn't just a dead rubber.

I still want us to win, of course I do, but that's because I always want us to win, regardless of the opposition.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #58: Jul 02, 2020 01:35:18 pm
      We need to go full throttle, start to finish. We know they can’t cope with it, and so do they.
      We’ll also plant massive doubts in their heads about next season.

You’ll probably see a topic on blue moon soon,
      “How do we close the gap on Liverpool”

Most of all I want fab to show de Bruyne whos the boss in that midfield 💪✊🏻

Come on you mighty red men 😊
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #59: Jul 02, 2020 02:36:20 pm
      I'm cool tonight... A win will be good. I mean we got over the line. And our most important match, Everton is already over. For once, I'm cool and I'm not desperate for any outcome. A win will be good. Otherwise, not the end of the world. :champ:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #60: Jul 02, 2020 02:57:05 pm

I see your point Foar,  but there is nothing like rubbing their noses in it is there, they will hate it standing in that guard of honour, they’ll be f***in cringing as we march down that line with heads held high, and they’ll be f***in livid, they’ll want some sort of recompense and they’ll try and do it on the pitch, but it ain’t gonna happen, cos we’ll be ready, JĂźrgen will want the boys to hammer home why we are Champions, we may not need to prove anything, you’re right, but there’s nothing like kicking your rival in the bollocks when their already hurting.

F**k ‘EM’

Y  N W A

Always subtle .

Love your work  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #61: Jul 02, 2020 03:00:58 pm
      I'm cool tonight... A win will be good. I mean we got over the line. And our most important match, Everton is already over. For once, I'm cool and I'm not desperate for any outcome. A win will be good. Otherwise, not the end of the world. :champ:

I agree with you, I want to win and actually expect us to win, but as long as we don't get a humiliating loss then I'm fine, having said that lets F***ing smash them, show them what a proper football team looks like!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #62: Jul 02, 2020 03:18:08 pm
      From the official site today: Klopp added: “In an ideal world, we would not have had eight days. In our specific situation it was OK, but when you could see how many changes City could make, then I think they can deal with the situation.

“When I thought about the fixtures we will face and what City will face, especially with Champions League coming up plus the FA Cup, I knew it would be really tough for Pep and his boys. But then you watch the games and you think, ‘Wow!’. It’s pretty impressive. I don’t know – they have rhythm, we had a break, what is better we shall see tonight.”

Liverpool prepared for this evening’s fixture with a light training session at the home of rugby league club Salford Red Devils.

“It was good, a good pitch,” said Klopp of the workout at the AJ Bell Stadium. “It is not a long session on the morning of a game, but it’s an important one with a few set-pieces, couple of routines on the pitch, so that’s important. We did it, so now we are here, the boys are eating and I give you an interview!”
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #63: Jul 02, 2020 03:21:54 pm
      The one thing I'm sure about today's match is that we won't be suffering for lack of effort or desire. There will be no hangover or whatever.

Just watched extended highlights from the match at Anfield, which feels like it was played in about 1988...! Buzzin' for this one now.

Should be a cracker. About 5 hours now.
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2020 03:39:21 pm by Robby The Z »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #64: Jul 02, 2020 04:25:08 pm
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #65: Jul 02, 2020 07:03:21 pm
      Nice surprise, this. Any other situation I'd probably be infatuated with the thought of this game for about a week or two beforehand. But after everything that's happened in the last week I keep forgetting that it's on. Even today I've been opening Twitter and keep having a "oh f**king hell yeah, the match is on tonight" moment

Was also reminded today of that snide video they all made last season after they won the league, so after our guard of honour I hope we f**king batter them & rub salt completely in the wounds.

Going off ours & their last two performances you'd expect it like, but the bookies for some reason have us at nearly 3/1 to win ???

I know the lads had a few beers after we won the league but that was 7 days ago now. Expect them to be up no less up for this than they would be any other game
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #66: Jul 02, 2020 07:10:45 pm
      Looking forward to the game, it is just a pity, only Sky tv are showing the match live, there is no football on Pick.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #67: Jul 02, 2020 07:22:39 pm
      Gonna be pissed off if I miss this, but without sky, has anyone got a decent streem They can recomend.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #68: Jul 02, 2020 07:24:11 pm
      Gonna be pissed off if I miss this, but without sky, has anyone got a decent streem They can recomend.

Hesgoal is always sound for me mate. Hardly any popups. I've got sh*te WiFi speed too and very rarely have any problems with buffering

Quick Reply