Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thank you

Read 3010 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Thank you
      Jun 29, 2020 02:26:17 pm
      Long long time since Ive posted in here. Its been an emotional few days. Finally its done the wait is over. To JĆ¼rgen and his team we will be forever thankful, and you aint done yet!!

But I cant help but think of others these past few days. Good people who tried to do it for the club and fell short. Players like Fowler, Redknapp McManaman, Rob Jones, Berger, Riise, Hamann, Reina, Carra, Sami, Owen, Lucas, Kuyt, Alonso, Torres, Suarez and of course Stevie, and nany more who I should mention but it would take too long. Thank you for giving what you gave for the cause. I hope they are all feeling part of this.

Graeme Souness. Seen what needed to be done just went the wrong way of doing it but gaves us Fowler Jones among others.

Roy Evans. How close he came. And the style his team played. A fantastic liverpool man. Thank you Roy.

Gerard Houllier...He brought back the belief. Trophies and again came close but just short.

Rafa.....Rafa I hope is a happy red now. We owe him so much, not just football wise. He stood up for the club, stood up for us. Love him, thank you Rafa..

Brendan Rodgers...Again so close, so so close. Some of the best football of the past 20 years played in that sesson. Thank you Brendan..

Kenny.....just for everything Kenny, for being the person you are and everything you done for this club, the king

And to all the unsung heroes in the background that make this club what it is...THANK YOU
      +17
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Thank you
      Reply #1: Jun 29, 2020 03:39:12 pm
      Long long time since Ive posted in here. Its been an emotional few days. Finally its done the wait is over. To JĆ¼rgen and his team we will be forever thankful, and you aint done yet!!

But I cant help but think of others these past few days. Good people who tried to do it for the club and fell short. Players like Fowler, Redknapp McManaman, Rob Jones, Berger, Riise, Hamann, Reina, Carra, Sami, Owen, Lucas, Kuyt, Alonso, Torres, Suarez and of course Stevie, and nany more who I should mention but it would take too long. Thank you for giving what you gave for the cause. I hope they are all feeling part of this.

Graeme Souness. Seen what needed to be done just went the wrong way of doing it but gaves us Fowler Jones among others.

Roy Evans. How close he came. And the style his team played. A fantastic liverpool man. Thank you Roy.

Gerard Houllier...He brought back the belief. Trophies and again came close but just short.

Rafa.....Rafa I hope is a happy red now. We owe him so much, not just football wise. He stood up for the club, stood up for us. Love him, thank you Rafa..

Brendan Rodgers...Again so close, so so close. Some of the best football of the past 20 years played in that sesson. Thank you Brendan..

Kenny.....just for everything Kenny, for being the person you are and everything you done for this club, the king

And to all the unsung heroes in the background that make this club what it is...THANK YOU

Well said Brian.   :gt-happyup:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Jun 29, 2020 09:25:58 pm

Nice one Brian, well said mate, not sure why you havenā€™t posted for a while but I hope you continue to do so, we need old feckers like your good self to keep the balance of wisdom and the know all kiddies, now that weā€™re CHAMPIONS, it would be Champion If you could grace us with your presence, looking forward to reading your posts.  All the best mate.

Y  N  W  A
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Jun 30, 2020 01:07:42 am
      Beautifully said Brian.

I read this last night and both of you have said everything what we as Supporters are feeling right now! Brilliant.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/06/thank-you-a-heartfelt-title-winning-message-to-JĆ¼rgen-klopp/?fbclid=IwAR31uHy3Vhi--dEPM1kKNmVpdR7ft7vEMZJEY_aFL2Yr-BF9yNiSN2WISAk

Thank youā€¦ā€ ā€“ A heartfelt title winning message to JĆ¼rgen Klopp

June 27, 2020

Alex Malone
      Alex Malone
      Share on facebook
      Share on twitter
      Share on whatsapp
      Share on email

After Liverpool were crowned Champions of England for season 2019/20, Alex Malone penned a heartfelt tribute to JĆ¼rgen Klopp for delivering No. 19 after 30 long years.

Dear JĆ¼rgen,

It took 30 long years but finally, the ultimate prize, the holy grail to many ā€“ the ā€˜bread & butterā€™ title as Shanks called it, is ours.

I felt compelled to write you this letter as I, and millions of Reds around the world, reflect on what has been achieved since your arrival at the club.

It is a letter of thanks, not just about the trophies you have won, but about so much more.

Thank you for making us the Champions of Europe again, World Champions for the first time, and finally, Champions of England for the first time in 30 years. We dined on caviar in Istanbul and tasted champagne in Madrid, but sometimes you canā€™t beat good old ā€˜bread & butterā€™.

Thank you for leading us to unparalleled seasons in our clubā€™s history, with 183 points in the last 69 league games since the start of last season; 58 wins and only two defeats in those 69 games while also winning the Champions League is unprecedented.

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Saturday, October 5, 2019: Liverpool's manager JĆ¼rgen Klopp celebrates the winning second goal, an injury time penalty, during the FA Premier League match between Liverpool FC and Leicester City FC at Anfield. Liverpool won 2-1. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Thank you for the greatest home record run any club has ever seen, with 23 home victories on the bounce ā€“ and counting.

Thank you for embracing all fans of the club. Whether local or global, it doesnā€™t matter to you. You rightly care about every fan equally. Thank you for inspiring a whole new generation of die-hard Reds in every corner of the globe.

Thank you for bringing joy and positivity to peopleā€™s lives in the most difficult of times. Your optimism is infectious, burns brightly and offers hope to so many.

Thank you for the respect you show to absolutely everyone, whomever or wherever they are. In a world where respect seems to be in short supply of late, you are a ray of sunshine.

Thank you for continuing the legacy of the humble geniuses who preceded you. Shanks, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan and Sir Kenny are giants amongst men, and your place alongside them is secured.

Thank you for how much you care about and do for the local community and the City of Liverpool. Thank you for your desire to give back. Thank you for supporting the local hospitals and charities with compassion and kindness. Thank you for always standing up for what is right as well as standing against what is wrong.

Thank you for everything you have done, and continue to do, for the families of the 96.

Thank you for your fairness, togetherness, loyalty and humility. Scousers embrace these qualities above all else. Only a person who lives and breathes these ethics can ever be truly accepted in our city. You have not only been accepted you have been embraced.

Thank you for crying publicly when the league title was won. We did too. It shows how much you care.

Thank you for making the doubters believe and the believers believe even more.

Thank you for scolding us when we left the game early. You reminded us that beating the opposition was more important than beating the traffic.

Thank you for establishing a winning mentality across the entirety of Liverpool Football Club. Not just the players, but also the fans, the coaches, the medical team, the backroom staff and everyone else associated with the Club.

Thank you for embracing Shanksā€™ ā€˜bastion of invincibilityā€™ battle-cry and for creating a team as close to invincible as there has ever been. And just like the great man himself, thank you for reminding us that first is first and second is nothing.

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Saturday, August 17, 2019: Liverpool's manager JĆ¼rgen Klopp celebrates at the final whistle after the FA Premier League match between Southampton FC and Liverpool FC at St. Mary's Stadium. Liverpool won 2-1. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

The worldā€™s elite players are now dazzled by the bright lights of Anfield, not blind to them ā€“ yet only a select few of them will ever be good enough to play for you ā€“ not because others arenā€™t good enough footballers, but because they arenā€™t good enough characters.

Thank you for re-establishing the reputation of Liverpool Football Club as a global powerhouse of the sport. No longer does the lure of Barcelona or Madrid surpass the lure of Liverpool.

Thank you for reminding us that no club is bigger than Liverpool FC, not Real Madrid, not Barcelona. Not anybody.

Thank you for showing us that money does not necessarily buy trophies and that talent, heart, togetherness and desire are the ultimate currency.

Thank you for your dealings in the transfer market, which, along with the wizardry of Michael Edwards, is unprecedented in its success. Your decision making in squad development has been close to flawless.

Thank you treating everyone ā€“ and I mean EVERYONE ā€“ with respect. From those in the media to the adoring fans, to every member of the backroom staff, irrespective of position.

Thank you for supporting each and every one of your players equally, whether they be a global superstar, a player leaving the club or a young academy graduate. Unlike other managers, you believe a bus is for touring the city centre parading trophies, not for throwing your players under.

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Thursday, April 14, 2016: Liverpool supporters' banner "JĆ¼rgen Norbert Klopp Boss Tha" as the fans welcome the Liverpool team coach to Anfield before the UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg match against Borussia Dortmund. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Thank you for the fist pumps, the bear hugs and the infectious laugh. Thank you for your unrelenting positivity even in the most challenging of times. Your grace in defeat too, speaks volumes.

Thank you, FSG and your entire team for reminding us, and the rest of the world, that WE. ARE. LIVERPOOL. ā€“ and that this really does mean more.

With all that said, I would like to sign off with one final comment from a personal perspective.

I grew up as a young teen idolizing Bill Shankly. He, along with my late dad, has remained my foremost role model and inspiration throughout my life. I had convinced myself that no-one else would ever again inspire and motivate me the way Shanks did.

Then you came along.

Sincerely, Alex Malone,

Supporter of The Greatest Football Club On The Planet.

Youā€™ll Never Walk Alone.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4: Jun 30, 2020 03:08:50 am
      I would also include FSG who came in .... made mistakes and corrected them....  then slowly and surely, built solidly the renaissance of our amazing institution   Liverpool  Football Club.

Without them coming in who knows what could have happened.

They have shown the football world how to do it sustainably and surely .

Everything has evolved since.

Thank You.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #5: Jun 30, 2020 04:23:30 am
      thank you to all the great men who put their lives into this club that we get to enjoy every single day.

thank you to this forum - i joined here in febuary 2010 as a new liverpool supporter, inherited from my family age 19/20, didn't know much about the world game outside australia before i found out i have liverpool in my blood. this forum was the best connection to the city and it's people and it's mentality that i could've imagined. i learned from some of the best here. i learned the best mentality to have as a liverpool supporter and it's ingrained in me in general. i enjoyed all the highs and even the lows, those low points where supporters we protesting with the black shirts and the like was important to understand how big we are and how serious we are as peoples, this is more than a game and even more than life, this is life for the long haul, this club is about making LFC the best thing it can be for hundreds of years, not just an individuals lifetime, no selfish desires, it's all about the greater good of liverpool and football and people.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6: Jun 30, 2020 01:52:19 pm
      Thank you to all the great men who put their lives into this club that we get to enjoy every single day.

Thank you to this forum - i joined here in February 2010 as a new Liverpool supporter, inherited from my family age 19/20, didn't know much about the world game outside Australia before i found out i have Liverpool in my blood.

This forum was the best connection to the city and it's people and it's mentality that i could've imagined.

i learned from some of the best here. i learned the best mentality to have as a Liverpool supporter and it's ingrained in me in general.

i enjoyed all the highs and even the lows, those low points where supporters we protesting with the black shirts and the like was important to understand how big we are and how serious we are as peoples.

This is more than a game and even more than life, this is life for the long haul, this club is about making LFC the best thing it can be for hundreds of years, not just an individuals lifetime, no selfish desires.

It's all about the greater good of Liverpool and football and people.

Great Testimony.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #7: Jun 30, 2020 05:14:41 pm
      Superbly put Brian..
      Souness changed it too fast Houghton and Staunton did great at Villa and Beardsley still had a lot to offer, look how many goals he was still laying on for Andy Cole 4 or 5 years later.
      Houllier was destined for possible greatness and then Senegal beat France...
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #8: Jun 30, 2020 06:11:20 pm

Excellent post Brian. Can't really add anything to that. Seems surreal at the moment due to this bloody virus, to think i've waited thirty years for this and some Chinese virus is released and disrupts everything.

Well done to all who have made this moment happen and will no doubt make many more moments we can be proud of.

Good to see you back Brian. Keep you and yours safe.

YNWA
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #9: Jul 01, 2020 06:04:42 pm
      Big thank you to Raheem Sterling, Jerome Sinclair, Emre Can and Phil Coutinho...

Thank you very much from the bottom of our hearts. We hope your careers worked out the way you've intended them to be. Well, Hendo's career worked out. Four major trophies and counting... I don't know about you. But thank you so much for leaving us on your own will. We wish you well...
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #10: Jul 01, 2020 10:27:06 pm
      Big thank you to Raheem Sterling, Jerome Sinclair, Emre Can and Phil Coutinho...

Thank you very much from the bottom of our hearts. We hope your careers worked out the way you've intended them to be. Well, Hendo's career worked out. Four major trophies and counting... I don't know about you. But thank you so much for leaving us on your own will. We wish you well...
      Jerome Sinclair?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #11: Jul 02, 2020 10:26:57 am
      Thank you to all the fans on here who have made the wait for number 19 more bearable.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #12: Jul 02, 2020 02:28:39 pm

He walked out on us, am I right? By choosing to leave and running down his contract. Otherwise, my bad... whether he would make it into Klopp's team, that's something else beside my point.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #13: Jul 02, 2020 03:54:47 pm
      He walked out on us, am I right? By choosing to leave and running down his contract. Otherwise, my bad... whether he would make it into Klopp's team, that's something else beside my point.
      You may be right mate I just wasnā€™t familiar with the name. Seemed a bit out of place compared to the other names mentioned.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #14: Jul 02, 2020 04:05:33 pm
      Sinclair was a kid, wanted to better himself cos he knew he'd not make it with us,not the first won't be the last.Not a clue why anyone would wanna have a pop especially in this thread! Danke! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w_nMv5mU94

Quick Reply