Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Scottish PL season to start on 2nd August

Read 1412 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Scottish PL season to start on 2nd August
      Jul 06, 2020 09:29:35 am
      I'm not all up to date with the ins and outs of Scottish football but obviously they ended their season early, but will be starting the next one in a few weeks - 2nd August in fact.

They have not scheduled a winter break - sensible I would have thought just in case they have one enforced.

Still don't understand the top leagues who didn't complete their season (can understand clubs lower down the pyramid).  Especially when they are starting a new one under the same restrictions they could have correctly ended the last one.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Scottish PL season to start on 2nd August
      Reply #1: Jul 06, 2020 12:45:26 pm
      I'm not all up to date with the ins and outs of Scottish football but obviously they ended their season early, but will be starting the next one in a few weeks - 2nd August in fact.

They have not scheduled a winter break - sensible I would have thought just in case they have one enforced.

Still don't understand the top leagues who didn't complete their season (can understand clubs lower down the pyramid).  Especially when they are starting a new one under the same restrictions they could have correctly ended the last one.

Wonder how they're going to cope with the expenditure. Can imagine Scottish teams would rely on the money from gates as a fair chunk of their income. The TV money will be miniscule compared to what PL clubs make. Can imagine the likes of Celtic & Rangers will manage but it's worrying for the smaller teams
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Jul 06, 2020 02:57:48 pm
      Can imagine Scottish teams would rely on the money from gates as a fair chunk of their income.

This was what I was thinking.  If they're going to playing 10 games without crowds anyway they should have just finished their season off in the proper way and started their season later. 

If they're only getting a handful of new cases a day now in Scotland then surely they could reintroduce moves to socially distance a crowd.  You must surely be able to get at least a couple of thousand in a game with relatively low to no risk.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3: Jul 06, 2020 05:52:54 pm
      This was what I was thinking.  If they're going to playing 10 games without crowds anyway they should have just finished their season off in the proper way and started their season later. 

If they're only getting a handful of new cases a day now in Scotland then surely they could reintroduce moves to socially distance a crowd.  You must surely be able to get at least a couple of thousand in a game with relatively low to no risk.

I've thought about this as well. The seating I would think would be easy enough, I think the logistics would be getting people in and out of the stadiums with as little crowding as possible. Also, they probably assume people will crowd up before and after as well and there's less chance of being able to manage that.

Although I think they could seat people at different times. A lot of work but I think it's something that should be looked into.

If you normally get a crowd of 30,000, I'd think you could easy do half that and give everyone space.

Although personally, I think we are going to have to start thinking about getting back to normal at some point. This virus isn't going away anytime soon and there isn't going to be any viable vaccines. So we can stay hidden and locked up or get on with our lives.

Quick Reply