Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson
      3 (5.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (12.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.8%)
       Fabinho
      9 (16.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      13 (23.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.8%)
      Neco Williams
      6 (10.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      13 (23.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.8%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Jul 06, 2020 10:10:35 pm

Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25172 times
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Re: Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Jul 02, 2020 10:37:06 pm
      Looked like we'd been on the piss for a week tonight.

Jürgen didn't look happy at the end!
      That would be the ideal excuse, they had one night off and some of the key players don't even drink. Jürgen was fuming there with that interview, hopefully he'll put that right straight away
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #392: Jul 02, 2020 10:37:54 pm
      2nd in the league so far... I’m
      Panicking.. 🙄

Is anyone expecting you to panic? We have nothing to lose now apart from taking a dent to our pride.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #393: Jul 02, 2020 10:38:53 pm
      Now you really talking sh*t!

Nothing will f**k up my life, WE WON THE F***ing LEAGUE, but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna accept the standards to just f**king drop off. Am allowed to be annoyed. I hate those cu*ts and wanted to rub it in their faces today!

I’m a way I think we did run it their faces mate.. they could have scored 100 goals against us tonight but it would not change the fact they had to give us a shifty guard of honour which we have never given them & we took the title off them.. 👍🏼
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #394: Jul 02, 2020 10:40:31 pm
      Is anyone expecting you to panic? We have nothing to lose now apart from taking a dent to our pride.

Pride..? You serious..we are the title holders.. listen to the Boss’s interview.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #395: Jul 02, 2020 10:49:04 pm
      We lost it by getting to high early on.Once we lost possession we were on the back foot back peddling.They exploited that. Normally we would've kept the game under control, counter pressed them, and hit them on the break but this wasn't a normal game.

The Gaffa knew it was a risk and if we had played the final ball better or took the chances..different game..but it was risk, it went against us..no bother..we are champions..hollow victory for them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #396: Jul 02, 2020 10:51:26 pm
      Pride..? You serious..we are the title holders.. listen to the Boss’s interview.

I’m sorry what’s the issue exactly? Yes it was a sh*t performance but what’s lost from it exactly other than our pride?
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #397: Jul 02, 2020 10:57:49 pm
      Went with Robertson man of the match  :lmao: :lmao:

Waited all my life to see us win the thing I can’t bring myself to be mad at them, not this side :scarf: :scarf:
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #398: Jul 02, 2020 11:01:19 pm
      Waited all my life to see us win the thing I can’t bring myself to be mad at them, not this side :scarf: :scarf:

Second that.
      This team and this manager have given us something special.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #399: Jul 02, 2020 11:01:23 pm
      Go back 10 years + teams used to lose at least 4 or 5 games in a league season so they must have had a few off days, we've set our standards so high we as fans expect the performance levels every week and I'm guilty of it also. As someone mentioned we lost the FA Cup final to Chelsea in 2012 and smashed them the following Weds in the league, it didn't make me feel any better so City won't feel any better.
      Sterling said next season started tonight, guess City are top of the league now then.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #400: Jul 02, 2020 11:03:46 pm
      The effort and the intelligence in the press did what it was supposed to do and we created 3 or 4 early chances and simply didn't have the focus or sharpness to take them tonight. Bobby, Mo, Sadio and Jordan all had chances and didn't take them. Even after City went up we had some chances and various players just kept failing to provide the touch, pass or finish that they normally do.

Defensively Robbo, Trent and Joe all made uncharacteristic errors that led to goals. Twice I saw Robbo dive in and leave his flank wide open and City scored both times. Joe got worked for the pen on the first goal and as Jürgen mentioned, team defending let us down there as well. Trent tried to do too much on the fourth - and by the way, that rule that FIFA put in before the season, that ultimately cost them their 5th goal. I hope they remove that one because we would be fuming if that cost us a goal. If it's not intentional it should not be ruled out.

So we'll see what Jürgen does between now and Sunday. I'm sure with the crowded schedule there was going to be some rotation over these next three matches, but I would hope players will want to get back to a more typical Liverpool performance.

It only really matters if we finish the whole season like that, and I fully expect us to bounce back (even if we don't, it takes nothing away from our title-winning performance, We are STILL on a record-setting pace for the best Premier League season ever).

Once again we sleep tonight as champions.

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2020 11:09:52 pm by Robby The Z »
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #401: Jul 02, 2020 11:04:07 pm
      Still need two for not getting the piss of "a gift given by Chelsea"..... Shouldn't be a problem though😉
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #402: Jul 02, 2020 11:12:09 pm
      My favorite moment of the night was during the 1st half water break when Pep was all animated and he's ticking players one by one and he obviously got to Ederson and suddenly he stops shouting, looks left, looks right, looks behind him and then he's like "Where is Ederson" - who was over in his goal taking his drink alone, and everyone starts shouting to him.

Goalkeepers... :)
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2020 01:35:15 am by Robby The Z »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #403: Jul 02, 2020 11:15:31 pm
      In 1982/83 in Bob paisley's last season we wrapped up the league early and didn't win the last 7 games of the season. Wonder how people reacted back then
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #404: Jul 02, 2020 11:18:52 pm
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #405: Jul 02, 2020 11:20:58 pm
      I just thought it was a poor display tonight, especially in defence. Although being champions is all that matters and that is the main thing, when all is said and done !
      Aldo the best
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #406: Jul 02, 2020 11:22:43 pm
      Go back 10 years + teams used to lose at least 4 or 5 games in a league season so they must have had a few off days, we've set our standards so high we as fans expect the performance levels every week and I'm guilty of it also. As someone mentioned we lost the FA Cup final to Chelsea in 2012 and smashed them the following Weds in the league, it didn't make me feel any better so City won't feel any better.
      Sterling said next season started tonight, guess City are top of the league now then.
      totally agree, however we have a few games before next season really starts, unlike every other team, as we are winners regardless
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #407: Jul 02, 2020 11:24:30 pm
      Anybody see Bernado Silva during the guard of honour? Didn't clap once and then got off before all the players had finished walking on

Not arsed like but there'd be f**king uproar if that was one of our lads
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #408: Jul 02, 2020 11:25:46 pm
      Just watched Jurgens prickly post match interview :) Good to see him annoyed and taking no sh*t. We've won the league but he won't want the players downing tools, two games in 4 days coming up.
      Might see a bit more of Keita, Minamino etc and some of the young lads who need a few more games for medals.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #409: Jul 02, 2020 11:28:24 pm
      In 1982/83 in Bob paisley's last season we wrapped up the league early and didn't win the last 7 games of the season. Wonder how people reacted back then

Probably just remember that we won the title that year :)

:champ: :ernaehrung004:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #410: Jul 02, 2020 11:30:14 pm
      Anybody see Bernado Silva during the guard of honour? Didn't clap once and then got off before all the players had finished walking on

Not arsed like but there'd be f**king uproar if that was one of our lads

Probably still pissed off about bad getting player of the year
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #411: Jul 02, 2020 11:31:03 pm
      Twitter

"Liverpool win the league, the Gov't pays people to stay at home, somewhere there's a Scouser with a lamp, wondering what to do with his last wish."
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #412: Jul 02, 2020 11:33:16 pm
      Very weird game, we were just a bit off colour today and city were very good, a game of fine margins, ricochets going their way etc. Not to bothered but I need to see a good reaction against Villa and the remaining games, we can still get 104 points for the season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #413: Jul 02, 2020 11:34:55 pm
      Just watched Jurgens prickly post match interview :) Good to see him annoyed and taking no sh*t. We've won the league but he won't want the players downing tools, two games in 4 days coming up.
      Might see a bit more of Keita, Minamino etc and some of the young lads who need a few more games for medals.

If it is Minamino then I hope to see something better from him. I think his touch has been off nearly every time the ball has fallen to him, including once in front of goal tonight. Not giving up on him mind, but he's got some work to do to become an important part of the team.

Quick Reply