Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson
      3 (5.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (12.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.8%)
       Fabinho
      9 (16.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      13 (23.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.8%)
      Neco Williams
      6 (10.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      13 (23.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.8%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Jul 06, 2020 10:10:35 pm

Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25192 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Jul 02, 2020 11:36:20 pm
      Tell you what, looking back at the Ederson handball, slow it right down and it’s pretty obvious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lfc_commenter/status/1278785540641472514

When you see the Kane and Mahrez goals that got ruled out, questions need to be asked why this wasn’t given. But again, inconsistencies with VAR.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #415: Jul 02, 2020 11:37:47 pm
      Twitter

"Liverpool win the league, the Gov't pays people to stay at home, somewhere there's a Scouser with a lamp, wondering what to do with his last wish."

Similar one in 2014 that Involved Liverpool winning the League and Thatcher dying 

Unfortunately Gerrard slipped so the joke got shelved in early May :lmao:
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #416: Jul 02, 2020 11:48:01 pm
      If it is Minamino then I hope to see something better from him. I think his touch has been off nearly every time the ball has fallen to him, including once in front of goal tonight. Not giving up on him mind, but he's got some work to do to become an important part of the team.

Deffo. Think that was the cross that got swung in from the left an he was there a few yards out with Origi and someone else, but it was his ball to control/hit, and it richocheted wide off him. Has been flitting about in games trying to keep things tidy but not taking risk/having no real impact, yet. Hopefully he'll come good.
      And Keita, though he has had much more impact than Minamino for sure, could imposing himself more in games given he came in with such big expectations. Know has had problems with injuries, that hasn't helped. But could do with more pressure on Gini for that 'best first XI' spot.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #417: Jul 02, 2020 11:55:49 pm

Chill out Sheila ffs, your giving Keith ammo

:lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #418: Jul 02, 2020 11:56:56 pm

F**k Keith, I couldn’t give a f**k what he says! And watch your f**king mouth!

:couch:
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #419: Jul 03, 2020 06:36:53 am
      Salah's chance goes in and its 1-0 different game. They are tough to beat at home so no gifted goals, massive fan of Gomez, but to concede the penalty, was not his best moment, actually thought we played some good stuff, just one of those nights. They won the battle but we won the war, and they are still 20 points behind 😂
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #420: Jul 03, 2020 08:06:51 am
      Salah's chance goes in and its 1-0 different game. They are tough to beat at home so no gifted goals, massive fan of Gomez, but to concede the penalty, was not his best moment, actually thought we played some good stuff, just one of those nights. They won the battle but we won the war, and they are still 20 points behind 😂

No I disagree, I think City would have won this game anyway, they were much sharper in attack all game and our defence had a collective sh*t game, as did our attack. It happens, nothing to worry about, I do however hope we can bounce back well against Aston Villa, I don't want the season to finish on a whimper.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #421: Jul 03, 2020 09:44:03 am
      Huge disappointment though, to lose 4  0. It is just a pity Salah's shot did not go in, instead of hitting the post. Expect a massively improved performance on Sunday against Villa, with a few goals, from the champions.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #422: Jul 03, 2020 09:54:29 am
      In 1982/83 in Bob paisley's last season we wrapped up the league early and didn't win the last 7 games of the season. Wonder how people reacted back then

Think we lost to Southampton, ending a long unbeaten run, to actually win the title.  Think it was 5 games from the end.

But similarly, with about 7 games left the reds were miles ahead and started to coast.  Will happily take all the trophies again they won the following season!
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2020 09:59:40 am by JD »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #423: Jul 03, 2020 10:02:43 am
      Huge disappointment though, to lose 4  0. It is just a pity Salah's shot did not go in, instead of hitting the post. Expect a massively improved performance on Sunday against Villa, with a few goals, from the champions.

Always sucks to lose but that scoreline doesn't really reflect the game, they weren't 4 goals better than us last night as the stats clearly show, in fact we had more possession and only a couple less shot on goal. Its just one of those odd games where they had the rub of the green and played very well and we had a slightly off day, for understandable reasons.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #424: Jul 03, 2020 10:15:14 am
      Always sucks to lose but that scoreline doesn't really reflect the game, they weren't 4 goals better than us last night as the stats clearly show, in fact we had more possession and only a couple less shot on goal. Its just one of those odd games where they had the rub of the green and played very well and we had a slightly off day, for understandable reasons.

Exactly.

If that game mattered a toss to us in terms of needing points it would have went completely differently.

All we lost out on was extra bragging rights.

We're still in a good position to set a new PL points record all our remaining games are very winnable if we are hungry enough for it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #425: Jul 03, 2020 10:53:40 am
      Exactly.

If that game mattered a toss to us in terms of needing points it would have went completely differently.

All we lost out on was extra bragging rights.

We're still in a good position to set a new PL points record all our remaining games are very winnable if we are hungry enough for it.

I actually think that result might have been good as it was the kick up the arse the team needed to finish the season well, knock them out of the celebration haze.  Judging by Klopp's spiky interview I'm fairly certain he'll be reminding them that there's still 6 games to play and he expects them to win them all!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #426: Jul 03, 2020 11:17:01 am

Yep, if our front three were a bit sharper then we score the first goal last night and we probably would have ended up winning it. They weren't on it though and our back five had a nightmare (Gomez and the full backs in particular) so a hammering was always incoming once they got that penalty.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #427: Jul 03, 2020 11:20:33 am
      sh1t happens. we move on. still champions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #428: Jul 03, 2020 12:01:06 pm
      Our motm was whoever was setting the fireworks off outside the ground!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #429: Jul 03, 2020 12:03:28 pm
      I blame Hodgson and Purslow.

Pair of cu*ts they are.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #430: Jul 03, 2020 12:53:41 pm
      I don't really care as we have already won the war. Unless last night was Everton.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #431: Jul 03, 2020 12:57:56 pm
      I don't really care as we have already won the war. Unless last night was Everton.

More sarcasm required.

Come on, don't drop your game now.
      You've been smashing it all season, and now is no time to take your foot off the gas.

The supporters on internet forums deserve better from you, and as we know, they are perfectionists who all know better than lowly mortals.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #432: Jul 03, 2020 01:15:21 pm
      I hugely disappointed but wait, we still are Champions!

We need to improve next Sunday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #433: Jul 03, 2020 02:05:56 pm
      Quote from Guardiola about us:

“I saw how incredibly focused they were to try and beat us during the guard of honour and that is why they are champions. They didn’t even say thank you because they were focused on the game,

What a jackass of a comment. Sorry, but it is.

One thing I noticed from when we gave one to Chelsea, is every one of our players stays in place until all the Chelsea players walk through. They are also all clapping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoVqXLL1QI

I see some players not clapping and a number, including Pep himself, walking off before our group had finished walking through. What I don't see is where we are supposed to say thank you for them doing this.

So when do we play them again? I can't wait.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #434: Jul 03, 2020 03:06:59 pm
      The game and result reminded me of our win over Citeh earlier in the year only this time it was Citeh who took their chances when given them.

Onwards to Villa on Sunday
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #435: Jul 03, 2020 03:14:07 pm
      Quote from Guardiola about us:

“I saw how incredibly focused they were to try and beat us during the guard of honour and that is why they are champions. They didn’t even say thank you because they were focused on the game,

What a jackass of a comment. Sorry, but it is.

One thing I noticed from when we gave one to Chelsea, is every one of our players stays in place until all the Chelsea players walk through. They are also all clapping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoVqXLL1QI

I see some players not clapping and a number, including Pep himself, walking off before our group had finished walking through. What I don't see is where we are supposed to say thank you for them doing this.

So when do we play them again? I can't wait.

Let's be honest their conduct before the game was nothing short of disgraceful. Can you imagine the uproar if we acted like that? Or if Mane did what Bernardo did and not clap and run away when the players were still coming onto the pitch? They get a free pass all the time, even when they've been found guilty of cheating their way to the top.

Like you said though, all this just gets me even more excited to win the league again next year and see Pep F**k off back to Spain.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #436: Jul 03, 2020 03:54:22 pm
      Now you really talking sh*t!

Nothing will f**k up my life, WE WON THE F***ing LEAGUE, but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna accept the standards to just f**king drop off. Am allowed to be annoyed. I hate those cu*ts and wanted to rub it in their faces today!

So did I mate, so did I, I predicted we’d batter them 4 f***in nil in the pre match, in essence I’m looking like a bigger kunt than anyone, most posters on these boards accepted the defeat in a light hearted way knowing it as just a blip tinged perhaps with less intensity, mate, we got caught with our pants down simple as that, nobody shat in our kettle, pissed on our chips or chucked water on our barbie,
      Disappointed we didn’t F**k them over like I wanted to yes, but like you said were the f***in Champions and in five weeks time we’ll still be champions,

Have a nice f***in day,  oh and btw, Keith still loves ya 🤪

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply