Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson
      3 (5.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (12.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.8%)
       Fabinho
      9 (16.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      13 (23.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.8%)
      Neco Williams
      6 (10.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      13 (23.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.8%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: Jul 06, 2020 10:10:35 pm

Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25201 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Jul 08, 2020 05:49:26 pm
      The begrudged respect thing was a bit annoying but did we expect anything else. The league table doesn't lie and maybe the disrespect might goad the Boss on to push for that points record.Might already have that fully in his sights anyway.

I mean their history is even worse than Everton's before they were bankrolled.Under our own steam we won Titles,European cups, dominated for years...under their own steam they fell into the old Third Division..some say it was more like the Turd Division with them in it.

Hardly a Manchester lad in sight of the first team.The only one that comes to mind is Phil Foden and he's miles behind the bunch of mercenary medal hunters backed by dodgy finance, playing fast and loose with financial fair play. Manufactured club in the truest sense.

They have a lot of history, tradition etc, but not many honours.
      The old Maine Road was a great ground, really atmospheric, and the Kippax was second only to The Kop really.

I read an article where they were described as "A sleeping giant", and I can only think it must have been an ant looking at a midget.

A good old fashioned Local club is what they were, with a trophy once in a while, trip to wembley etc. but never dominant.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #484: Jul 08, 2020 06:46:20 pm

The guard of honour fiasco again showed how much we're in their heads. Looking back over the last year or so, you've got the whole team singing about us just after they won the title last season, you've got Pep coming out and accusing us of diving after we got a late winner against Aston Villa, you've got Sterling voting for Harry Kane (who had been injured for about 3 months) as POTY because he couldn't stomach voting for a Liverpool player, then coming out saying "nobody wants Liverpool to win the league" at the BT awards, as well as fronting Joe Gomez when away with England. And now you've got the "guard of honour" or lack of, where Bernardo couldn't be arsed putting his hands together once for a team that's just won the title with about 20 points to spare.

Just scowering my brain and I can't think of one occasion where a Liverpool player or Klopp has came out and publicly shown any sort of disrespect towards City, not a single instance (please correct me if there is). It's great because it shows how infuriated they are by us, while we simply focus on getting the job done

Great Innit ?

Use to be just the Scum that churned up at the sheer mention of our name ( BTW Where is Gary "Rat Boy" Neville ... has he drowned himself yet?) and now its their noisy neighbours.

I bet its a real love in between them when it comes to hating us.

I f**king love it. I f**king love every bit of bit. Bring it on ... and more.

The more sh*te that comes out of both club's managers and players mouths the better it is when they have to eat it.

Was playing " Revenge" by Eminem and Pink today ..... suitable.

PS  Makes the Bitters just seemed like a jaded wallflower compared to the Madchester whores.

I won't re post this in Keith's favourite thread cos we have a bit of a truce going on and that's my way of my being nice to him ..... well ...for today.

;D

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2020 06:55:46 pm by MIRO »

Quick Reply