Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Community Shield] Sat 29th Aug @ 4:00 pm
      Wembley

Today is the 9th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W8 D1 L2

Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)

Read 8683 times
      shanks7 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,825 posts | 427 
      Re: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #175: Aug 04, 2020 09:25:31 pm
      So Sancho will reportedly cost United £115 million with £15 million of it paid to City. And another £340k per week in wages over 5 years.

So over £200 million between fee and wages for one player.

They can have him.

Some saying miles apart valuation and personal terms
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,317 posts | 1455 
      Reply #176: Aug 04, 2020 09:32:04 pm
      Some saying miles apart valuation and personal terms

Doubt it.

All clubs and players know United overpay on fees and salaries.

Why would this be any different?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,109 posts | 816 
      Reply #177: Aug 04, 2020 09:36:25 pm
      Doubt it.

Correct Baz, we nearly always get milked  :f_steam:
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,304 posts | 1041 
      Reply #178: Aug 04, 2020 11:41:01 pm
      So Sancho will reportedly cost United £115 million with £15 million of it paid to City. And another £340k per week in wages over 5 years.

So over £200 million between fee and wages for one player.

They can have him.

I think he's a brilliant player who barring injuries will go onto be a top 3 player in the world but that's a hell of a lot to pay.

Was kind of hoping it would fall through for United this summer but if that's his wage demands then we wouldn't be in for him next summer anyway.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,503 posts | 2374 
      Reply #179: Aug 05, 2020 12:01:18 am
      I think he's a brilliant player who barring injuries will go onto be a top 3 player in the world but that's a hell of a lot to pay.

Was kind of hoping it would fall through for United this summer but if that's his wage demands then we wouldn't be in for him next summer anyway.

Who would the other players be in your top 3?

I think Sancho looks good but not that special, he has a lot of potential though.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,563 posts | 179 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #180: Aug 05, 2020 02:19:37 am
      Doubt it.

Maybe he thinks he can get even more money
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,109 posts | 816 
      Reply #181: Aug 05, 2020 08:26:55 am

If what you say is true then many would argue that's cheap. Don't you get fed up of reading media Bullsh!t about prices of players, teams who players go for etc etc. Personally does my head in. United been linked with about 30 players now. There's more  bullsh!t in social media than what come out of Aussie reds mouth  :f_whistle:  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,109 posts | 816 
      Reply #182: Aug 05, 2020 08:28:37 am
      Who would the other players be in your top 3?

I think Sancho looks good but not that special, he has a lot of potential though.

Sancho or Greenwood ?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,503 posts | 2374 
      Reply #183: Aug 05, 2020 08:55:08 am

I think both are very overhyped players, they have a tonne of potential but there is no way that Sancho justifies his current price tag, that kind of valuation should only be a for a proven winner who has displayed consistent top level ability over several years.

Given the choice I'd be more inclined to go with Greenwood although they are slightly different positions.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,109 posts | 816 
      Reply #184: Aug 05, 2020 11:06:41 am
      I think both are very overhyped players, they have a tonne of potential but there is no way that Sancho justifies his current price tag, that kind of valuation should only be a for a proven winner who has displayed consistent top level ability over several years.

Given the choice I'd be more inclined to go with Greenwood although they are slightly different positions.

I pretty much think any player under 21 gets overhyped in today's media, it's the new norm.....
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,304 posts | 1041 
      Reply #185: Aug 05, 2020 11:13:55 am
      If what you say is true then many would argue that's cheap. Don't you get fed up of reading media Bullsh!t about prices of players, teams who players go for etc etc. Personally does my head in. United been linked with about 30 players now. There's more  bullsh!t in social media than what come out of Aussie reds mouth  :f_whistle:  :lmao:

It's hard to call it 'cheap' as he needs to stay injury free and focused mentally to deliver on that potential but yeah if he does that then it'll look good value in a few years time.

PSG and Barca to blame for this. PSG paying 200m for Neymar and then Barca going and spending 100m+ on Dembele a few days later who'd only had one good season with Dortmund. Add on the 'English tax' and you can see why Sancho commands that kind of fee in this market.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,543 posts | 2397 
      Reply #186: Aug 05, 2020 10:41:34 pm
      I'm assuming on the fact that we wouldn't stump up the cash for Werner?

I'm not saying we would pay for him but just because we don't 'stump up' for one player doesn't necessarily mean we won't for another.

I agree with you in that we won't buy Sancho for the same reason I've always thought we won't pay big money for any transfer this summer but I don't think it's as simple as we wouldn't pay for Player X because we didn't for Player Y.
      « Last Edit: Aug 05, 2020 10:57:14 pm by srslfc »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,550 posts | 3694 
      Reply #187: Aug 05, 2020 11:36:40 pm
      I'm not saying we would pay for him but just because we don't 'stump up' for one player doesn't necessarily mean we won't for another.

I agree with you in that we won't buy Sancho for the same reason I've always thought we won't pay big money for any transfer this summer but I don't think it's as simple as we wouldn't pay for Player X because we didn't for Player Y.

Pearce made a good point. We aren’t going to pay 100m+ for a player that doesn’t walk into our starting 11. He walks into United’s starting lineup. That’s while they will pay the price. We’ve shown we will pay big money for instant starters, but our squad doesn’t really need that right away. We need some good backups and a good forward to push Mane, Salah and Bobby.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,603 posts | 4070 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #188: Aug 06, 2020 03:47:46 am

Oiiii...I don't speak ya Manc C**t, I just post pictures, remember !!!  :action-smiley-055: :action-smiley-055: :action-smiley-055:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,109 posts | 816 
      Reply #189: Aug 06, 2020 10:32:21 am
      Oiiii...I don't speak ya Manc C**t, I just post pictures, remember !!!  :action-smiley-055: :action-smiley-055: :action-smiley-055:

Warning level 80%  :couch:
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,230 posts | 2090 
      Reply #190: Yesterday at 02:26:27 pm

F**k all chance we sign anyone of substance under these owners this summer. Covid is a happy accident for the owners, it gives them a reason to be mingebags now

The only time they have spent anything of any note is when we have sold anyone of any note

If we want a big name at any point again under these is if we sell another big hitter. Some may not like that but it’s the truth

Personally I don’t really want us to spend big this summer, not at all. I took that stand when they tried to put staff on furlough (another example of them being mingebags)

Personally I think any club spending big this summer should be f**king embarrassed by themselves. From Arsenal making 55 + staff redundant and blaming covid, to then signing players on 200k a week for 3 years and attempting other signings
      To united spending 100m on a teenager when such a high number of their season ticket holders will be struggling over the next few years with high unemployment levels in the area.
      Embarrassing out of touch cu*ts both of them

But that doesn’t mean our owners aren’t mingebags. They have been since day 1 but covid is like a gift from the mingebag gods
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,109 posts | 816 
      Reply #191: Yesterday at 03:22:31 pm
      F**k all chance we sign anyone of substance under these owners this summer. Covid is a happy accident for the owners, it gives them a reason to be mingebags now

The only time they have spent anything of any note is when we have sold anyone of any note

If we want a big name at any point again under these is if we sell another big hitter. Some may not like that but it’s the truth

Personally I don’t really want us to spend big this summer, not at all. I took that stand when they tried to put staff on furlough (another example of them being mingebags)

Personally I think any club spending big this summer should be f**king embarrassed by themselves. From Arsenal making 55 + staff redundant and blaming covid, to then signing players on 200k a week for 3 years and attempting other signings
      To united spending 100m on a teenager when such a high number of their season ticket holders will be struggling over the next few years with high unemployment levels in the area.
      Embarrassing out of touch cu*ts both of them

But that doesn’t mean our owners aren’t mingebags. They have been since day 1 but covid is like a gift from the mingebag gods

Nice to have you back.  :D
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,543 posts | 2397 
      Reply #192: Yesterday at 06:13:46 pm

Was going to say similar. :D

Quick Reply