Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Community Shield] Sat 29th Aug @ 4:00 pm
      Wembley

Today is the 9th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W8 D1 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2781199 times
      rossyred, Tayls and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,571 posts | 2456 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42400: Aug 06, 2020 01:56:49 pm
      (Again! )

Our midfielders are not used in what some what call the traditional way.

They are primarily defenders, also used to high press when we are in the attacking third, win the ball back, recycle it, and bring the fullbacks into play.
      You can see them drop in behind, and slightly inside the fullbacks when they push up, supporting them, and winning the ball back, then bringing in the FB again, or a forward who has gone wide to support.

You can easily see this in the stats - our fullbacks have 25 assists in the league between them.

Our mids chip in with a few, and have around as many (or a few more) than you would expect from full backs in other teams.

They'll sometimes get into the box, when we have one extra outside the box (when teams are defending deep), but in general, they sit outside the box, picking up the scraps, hunting down the opposition, and covering the CB's.
      Our midfield is our first barrier of defense as you explained well.

If Klopp is thinking to use Jones, I personally think that Grujic is better midfielder.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,655 posts | 2908 
      Reply #42401: Aug 06, 2020 02:40:42 pm
      Our midfield is our first barrier of defense as you explained well.

If Klopp is thinking to use Jones, I personally think that Grujic is better midfielder.

I agree, but I would add that against "weaker" teams, when one of the 3 mids attacks more (AOC and Keita have been used this season) Jones is probably the better attacking option, although in fairness I haven't seen as much of Grujic, so I could be wrong.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,317 posts | 1455 
      Reply #42402: Aug 06, 2020 03:06:23 pm
      Can't deny that or course as he's a world class player when fit and motivated.

But his best days are past him now. Although he seems to be in form of late so hopefully he bangs in a couple against City tomorrow. ;D

Edit: He's been left out of the squad for tomorrow night and looks to have played his last game for Real.
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 665 posts | 109 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #42403: Aug 06, 2020 03:52:47 pm
      Yea let's sign an injury prone 31 year old currently on £450k per week cus that's the way we do business. :roll:

Me, srslfc and you know its not going to happen mate but can always think about an injury free Bale in our team at the top of his game. Oh well, dream over  ;)

Shame he's not playing against Citys defense also
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,317 posts | 1455 
      Reply #42404: Aug 06, 2020 04:23:32 pm
      Me, srslfc and you know its not going to happen mate but can always think about an injury free Bale in our team at the top of his game. Oh well, dream over  ;)

Shame he's not playing against Citys defense also

Don't get me wrong he's an unreal player but not a fit for us for various reasons.

Yea it's a shame he fell out with Zidane as he always produces the goods in big games.

Hard to see City losing tomorrow night.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,502 posts | 2374 
      Reply #42405: Aug 06, 2020 04:32:45 pm
      Don't get me wrong he's an unreal player but not a fit for us for various reasons.

Yea it's a shame he fell out with Zidane as he always produces the goods in big games.

Hard to see City losing tomorrow night.

Why is it hard to see city losing, I can imagine that easily, I can also imagine City winning easily, its one of those games that's quite hard to call as it depends on who starts better, if Real can nick an early goal then it could be very interesting.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,915 posts | 4530 
      Reply #42406: Aug 06, 2020 04:43:06 pm

Do we get a bag of golf clubs to go with him?
      nelioneil
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,839 posts | 119 
      Reply #42407: Aug 06, 2020 06:09:44 pm
      Do we get a bag of golf clubs to go with him?

Police still looking for the suspect those missing golf clubs - description is for a small Welsh man with a fiery temper.
      nelioneil
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,839 posts | 119 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #42408: Today at 09:08:23 am
      Klopp has worked with Lewandowski before, I wonder if he can tempt him here? Its a dream but what a striker he is. Hard to find a better number 9 in the last few years.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,825 posts | 427 
      Reply #42409: Today at 09:58:37 am
      Liked the look of Brooks before he got injured young and looks versatile probably out of our desired price range at the moment though
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,615 posts | 4529 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42410: Today at 11:55:53 am
      Klopp has worked with Lewandowski before, I wonder if he can tempt him here? Its a dream but what a striker he is. Hard to find a better number 9 in the last few years.

We wouldn’t pay for Werner so we wouldn’t pay twice the amount (maybe more) for a player in his 30’s.

Quick Reply