Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich)

Read 68255 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #690: Sep 17, 2020 01:40:45 pm
      What a stupid comment, they play different roles unless you consider Hendo as an AM.

The thought of Fabinho as DM, Thiago as CM/playmaker and Keita as AM is very very attractive, especially against teams who park the bus.

Against tougher opposition we go back to Fabinho and Hendo as DM's with Thiago or Keita as AM

Sorry, how is it a stupid comment to question leaving the captain out of the starting lineup?

I know Henderson and Keita play different roles but they play those roles in the same F***ing position. Unless Keita plays up front and I've been missing something
      Kopite78
      Reply #691: Sep 17, 2020 01:42:47 pm

That’s fine mate, no problem, the point being Jürgen can field any three of his choosing I was only using my three as a example, f**k sake, some folk get on their f***in high horse for the most trivial of things, oh and I apologise if my grammar isn’t what it should be, and before anyone points it out, feel free to add a ‘g’ to f***in .

Y  N  W  A

Only taking the piss like 😃

Meant to be light (f***in ) hearted after our little spat a few weeks back

The second bit is just my opinion, Hendo is boss and Thiago like the rest of the players will adore him within days of being here
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #692: Sep 17, 2020 01:42:48 pm

You forgot you’re ‘g’ mate 🤪
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #693: Sep 17, 2020 01:45:03 pm
      Think Edwards is starting to show off
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #694: Sep 17, 2020 01:45:56 pm
      Only taking the piss like 😃

Meant to be light (f***in ) hearted after our little spat a few weeks back

The second bit is just my opinion, Hendo is boss

Fairy muff mate, I agree regarding Hendo, but I do like that Fabinho, Thiago, Keita trio, I’m just glad I don’t have pick the side.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #695: Sep 17, 2020 01:46:29 pm
      And just like that, Liverpool delivers once again. The infidels just never learn.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #696: Sep 17, 2020 01:53:19 pm

A play on words my friend, your not so stupid that you would think that Jürgen would actually field that side every week, are you ?

No, course not. I've just seen a lot of the "Thiago - Fabinho - Keita" shout being thrown about on here & Twitter since the news broke (some who were more serious about it than yourself) and couldn't get my head around it.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #697: Sep 17, 2020 02:05:04 pm
      Was going to say the same.
      People have been leaving Henderson out of their lineups for a long time.
      It's like they don't notice how our performances drop off when he doesn't play.

Wijnaldum is getting left out of a few possible midfields too which I find strange. Dunno if that's because people expect him to be offski though
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #698: Sep 17, 2020 02:05:40 pm
      No, course not. I've just seen a lot of the "Thiago - Fabinho - Keita" shout being thrown about on here & Twitter since the news broke (some who were more serious about it than yourself) and couldn't get my head around it.

There are many combinations that Jürgen can opt for mate, like yourself and Kopite 78, Hendo should be the first name on the teamsheet , I guess it will depend on who the opposition are to which three he uses, I just love the idea of attack attack attack like we used to do in the old days, Fabinho protecting the back four, with Thiago & Keita joining up with the three amigos in a five prong attack,

I don’t imagine we will see it much of it if at all but it f***in excites me, Jürgen did say we will attack the league after all didn’t he ?

Y  N  W  A
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #699: Sep 17, 2020 02:06:37 pm
      Wijnaldum is getting left out of a few possible midfields too which I find strange. Dunno if that's because people expect him to be offski though

Well I think someone has to go as we have too many bodies in midfield and signs keep pointing at Gini as the one likely to go.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #700: Sep 17, 2020 02:20:07 pm

There are many combinations that Jürgen can opt for mate, like yourself and Kopite 78, Hendo should be the first name on the teamsheet , I guess it will depend on who the opposition are to which three he uses, I just love the idea of attack attack attack like we used to do in the old days, Fabinho protecting the back four, with Thiago & Keita joining up with the three amigos in a five prong attack,

I don’t imagine we will see it much of it if at all but it f***in excites me, Jürgen did say we will attack the league after all didn’t he ?

Y  N  W  A

Could essentially be a 7 prong attack though if you take into account how much the fullbacks get forward, which is why I think it's unlikely that we'd see Thiago, Fabinho & Keita play together regularly. That's not to say Thiago won't be molded into playing a deeper role, but I think if he's to be used for his creativity then it'd more than likely be him or Keita in order to strike the right balance
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #701: Sep 17, 2020 02:26:08 pm

Dude, ever heard of Sarcasm, maybe not huh, you need a sense of humour to understand it ?

Y  N  W  A

???
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #702: Sep 17, 2020 02:27:59 pm
      Could essentially be a 7 prong attack though if you take into account how much the fullbacks get forward, which is why I think it's unlikely that we'd see Thiago, Fabinho & Keita play together regularly. That's not to say Thiago won't be molded into playing a deeper role, but I think if he's to be used for his creativity then it'd more than likely be him or Keita in order to strike the right balance

Fair comment mate, I can see where you’re at regarding fullbacks, you got to be excited going forward with the options we now have, most definitely with the creative side, it’s what we’ve been lacking at times against the bus Parker’s in particular.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #703: Sep 17, 2020 02:31:41 pm

Fair comment mate, I can see where you’re at regarding fullbacks, you got to be excited going forward with the options we now have, most definitely with the creative side, it’s what we’ve been lacking at times against the bus Parker’s in particular.

The bus parking sides just collectively slumped their shoulders. Thiago "should" put an enormous amount of pressure on those sides with the way he quickly pushes play forward without the need to recycle the ball much. Turn and burn.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #704: Sep 17, 2020 02:43:13 pm
      Sorry, how is it a stupid comment to question leaving the captain out of the starting lineup?

I know Henderson and Keita play different roles but they play those roles in the same f**king position. Unless Keita plays up front and I've been missing something

Of course its a stupid comment or are you seriously saying that Hendo has to play every single game irrespective of tactics or opposition?  No one and I do mean no one, yes even including Virgil, should have a guaranteed place in the team, they have to earn it each and every week AND be the best option against the opponent.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #705: Sep 17, 2020 02:47:22 pm
      Of course its a stupid comment or are you seriously saying that Hendo has to play every single game irrespective of tactics or opposition?  No one and I do mean no one, yes even including Virgil, should have a guaranteed place in the team, they have to earn it each and every week AND be the best option against the opponent.

What the F**k are you on about you clown?

Somebody made a post saying how great it would be seeing a certain lineup every week so I countered the post because the lineup didn't include Henderson. Then you jumped in talking absolute waffle about AMs & DMs and a load of other Football Manager tactics, give it a rest
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #706: Sep 17, 2020 02:47:46 pm

Wijnaldum is hugely underrated by quite a few.

The whole reason Robertson can bomb forwards is because Gini is doing his job to perfection, and that's just one aspect of his game (although perhaps the most important one in Klopp's setup.)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #707: Sep 17, 2020 02:52:31 pm

Probably because that midfield three offer us the most balance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #708: Sep 17, 2020 02:57:51 pm
      What the f**k are you on about you clown?

Somebody made a post saying how great it would be seeing a certain lineup every week so I countered the post because the lineup didn't include Henderson. Then you jumped in talking absolute waffle about AMs & DMs and a load of other Football Manager tactics, give it a rest

You said that Hendo HAS to be on the teamsheet, I disagree and outlined why, you then realised that your statement/position is nonsense but instead of owning up to it you resort to petty name calling!!

Anyway today is a happy day, I don't want to argue, I think we can all agree that this signing gives Jürgen tonnes of options tactically.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #709: Sep 17, 2020 03:02:15 pm
      How are people arguing after we’ve just signed a world class midfielder for 25 small ones!?  :lmao:

Edit: signing*
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #710: Sep 17, 2020 03:04:13 pm
      Probably because that midfield three offer us the most balance.

For the way we play, it absolutely doesn't
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #711: Sep 17, 2020 03:18:42 pm
      For the way we play, it absolutely doesn't

As good as we’ve been over the last 2-3 seasons, one of (maybe the only) criticisms is that our midfield hasn’t been creative enough at times.

The front three are exceptional and usually our back five are too. The midfield can hide behind both of them at times.

We all know they work their socks off and how crucial they are for certain games, but we were definitely missing something still, and I believe Thiago is that missing piece.

Fabinho simply can’t be dropped. He’s the only player in the squad who can play DM to a world class level. If fit, he plays.

Thiago instantly becomes our best midfielder. From all of our other midfielders, the one who is most similar to him is Henderson. Despite being captain and despite having a decent season last year, Thiago is a far superior player.

You could play Henderson as the third midfielder and I’m sure Klopp will at times. But in terms of balance then Naby would certainly be a better option.

But as everybody else keeps saying, it’s great to have options.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #712: Sep 17, 2020 03:26:06 pm
      You said that Hendo HAS to be on the teamsheet, I disagree and outlined why, you then realised that your statement/position is nonsense but instead of owning up to it you resort to petty name calling!!

Anyway today is a happy day, I don't want to argue, I think we can all agree that this signing gives Jürgen tonnes of options tactically.

I'm repeating myself here but I was replying to a post which stated how great it would be seeing X line up every week. Which I, like surely most reading the comment, interpreted as "X lineup is our strongest". I strongly disagreed with the lineup being our strongest as it didn't include the captain.

Then you jumped in talking irrelevant nonsense about how Henderson and Keita don't play the same role.

I'm not saying you can't rotate the team, my initial point before you jumped in was that Henderson gets into our strongest 11 and he should be playing more often than not, I also believe Keita doesn't get into that same 11. For certain games of course I'd give him a shout and you can mix it up, but if we were playing a Champions League final tonight Keita wouldn't be starting, Henderson would

Quick Reply