Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich)

Read 68261 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Thiago Alcantara (Bayer Munich)
      Reply #23: Jul 04, 2020 07:49:06 pm
      It may be a case of us agreeing personal terms with the player first before submitting a bid to Bayern.

We would have had to of been given permission by Bayern to agree terms with him, otherwise we’ve just tapped him up.
      If there was something in the reports then Rummenigge would have said we are talking to the player. He’s been open about doing all they can to keep him but him still wanting to leave.

So far there isn’t one credible source about the move and most of it is coming from a sports channel in Argentina of all places.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #24: Jul 04, 2020 08:01:27 pm
      We would have had to of been given permission by Bayern to agree terms with him, otherwise we’ve just tapped him up.
      If there was something in the reports then Rummenigge would have said we are talking to the player. He’s been open about doing all they can to keep him but him still wanting to leave.

So far there isn’t one credible source about the move and most of it is coming from a sports channel in Argentina of all places.

Not if Bayern already agreed to allow Thiago speak to other clubs after he made it clear he wants to leave. In this case we would not need to seek permission to agree terms.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #25: Jul 04, 2020 08:01:40 pm
      According to who? Because Rummenigge has just insisted that is far from the case and that we’ve not even had any contact. Given he’s been open about Thiago wanting to leave, I see no reason why he would just be saying the reports about us are false.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Chris78Williams/status/1279471387023937540

It’s his first game back from injury isn’t it? That could also be why.

Not sure on that but would make sense
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #26: Jul 04, 2020 08:03:12 pm
      Bayern don't need to say anything do they if they had contact or not
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #27: Jul 04, 2020 08:14:00 pm
      It may be a case of us agreeing personal terms with the player first before submitting a bid to Bayern.
      Regardless of if this is true or not, isn't that kinda the opposite of how it's supposed to work and how we got into trouble with Southampton and VVD?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28: Jul 04, 2020 08:22:35 pm
      Never been arsed about him as a player.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #29: Jul 04, 2020 08:40:29 pm
      Let’s be honest we won’t be signing him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #30: Jul 04, 2020 08:55:53 pm
      Regardless of if this is true or not, isn't that kinda the opposite of how it's supposed to work and how we got into trouble with Southampton and VVD?

It depends on whether Thiago has been given permission by Bayern to speak with other clubs.

With VVD we communicated with the player without us receiving permission from Southampton or VVD receiving permission from Southampton.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #31: Jul 04, 2020 09:07:16 pm
      It depends on whether Thiago has been given permission by Bayern to speak with other clubs.

With VVD we communicated with the player without us receiving permission from Southampton or VVD receiving permission from Southampton.
      Oh okay, I see the nuance between the two
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32: Jul 04, 2020 10:29:03 pm
      According to who? Because Rummenigge has just insisted that is far from the case and that we’ve not even had any contact. Given he’s been open about Thiago wanting to leave, I see no reason why he would just be saying the reports about us are false.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Chris78Williams/status/1279471387023937540

It’s his first game back from injury isn’t it? That could also be why.

No longer first choice anyway
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33: Jul 05, 2020 03:29:12 am
      I’m not too keen myself tbh wasn’t never phased by him. Thought he was bang average against us in the CL his pushing 30 and we’re already stacked in the middle. Gimme Gini any day.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #34: Jul 05, 2020 12:53:23 pm
      I’m not too keen myself tbh wasn’t never phased by him. Thought he was bang average against us in the CL his pushing 30 and we’re already stacked in the middle. Gimme Gini any day.

Is that the only time you have ever watched Thiago play? If I remember correctly none of the Bayern team played well against us in the CL. Does that mean they are a bang average team?

He is a technically brilliant midfield player and an improvement on Gini in every aspect aside from physicality.

Even at 29 I would still take him in a heartbeat my only concern is his injury record.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #35: Jul 05, 2020 01:52:42 pm
      Is that the only time you have ever watched Thiago play? If I remember correctly none of the Bayern team played well against us in the CL. Does that mean they are a bang average team?

He is a technically brilliant midfield player and an improvement on Gini in every aspect aside from physicality.

Even at 29 I would still take him in a heartbeat my only concern is his injury record.

No actually it’s not the only time I watched him play seen him at Barca and for Spain  too. He’s very good on the ball but doesn’t have the graft  of Gini or any of our starting incumbents to take their place. That injury record is a worry also.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #36: Jul 05, 2020 01:55:48 pm
      Proper player but we won't be signing him.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #37: Jul 05, 2020 03:31:22 pm
      This is not happening. If we cannot spend 45m on Werner with his prime years ahead of him we will not be spending 32m plus everything else on top for a 29 year old with an injury record.

I cannot see anything other than a quiet summer while city and the rest etc will spend bucket loads. I understand why this is ... but it's frustrating that we will be standing more or less still when in an ideal world we would be getting stronger from an already strong position.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Jul 05, 2020 04:23:26 pm
      This is not happening. If we cannot spend 45m on Werner with his prime years ahead of him we will not be spending 32m plus everything else on top for a 29 year old with an injury record.

I cannot see anything other than a quiet summer while city and the rest etc will spend bucket loads. I understand why this is ... but it's frustrating that we will be standing more or less still when in an ideal world we would be getting stronger from an already strong position.

Stood still last summer whilst other teams spent big money and we essentially had the league won by the end of October.
      Signing players doesn’t guarantee success.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #39: Jul 05, 2020 06:32:54 pm
      Stood still last summer whilst other teams spent big money and we essentially had the league won by the end of October.

No but evolving does and improving depth does listen to all the Ex players that said they always brought one or two just to freshen things up there are gaping back up deficiencys we have got away with it this season but may not next
      Kam99
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #40: Jul 05, 2020 06:50:20 pm
      I agree. He's an upgrade for sure. Gini is class but Thiago brings that Alonso 'esq player we so have missed. I reckon a swap deal with Bayern could be on the cards. Favours both parties.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41: Jul 05, 2020 09:30:14 pm
      So basically the agent uses us as Champions of Everything and drops that to the press to get his client a new four year deal with Bayern!

That sound about right?
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #42: Jul 05, 2020 10:09:38 pm
      So basically the agent uses us as Champions of Everything and drops that to the press to get his client a new four year deal with Bayern!

That sound about right?

Has he signed a new 4 year deal with Bayern ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #43: Jul 05, 2020 10:14:29 pm

No it doesn’t, but neither does not signing players.

At some point we will need to add some more quality. I get why we won’t this summer, but then that starts to put us against the wall a bit as teams will assume after two years of no real spending we will need to buy and that will make the prices go up and the negotiations get tougher.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44: Jul 06, 2020 09:23:54 am

At some point we will need to add some more quality. I get why we won’t this summer, but then that starts to put us against the wall a bit as teams will assume after two years of no real spending we will need to buy and that will make the prices go up and the negotiations get tougher.

We need to stop playing Origi so much, give some of the youngsters a go up front, see if they can make the step up in the way Jones and Williams etc have. In fact could Elliott be played up top or is he more midfield?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #45: Jul 06, 2020 02:16:14 pm

What is scaring me is that everybody in the top 4 will probably strengthen if they have not already. Chelsea will have a much more potent attack. You can count on City buying this summer (at least to fix their problems at CB). United already seems like a different team since Fernandes arrived. Leicester will also probably add a player or two to their squad while probably retaining their starting 11.

When you look at it, this is not good because it ultimately translates into points against those teams potentially being much harder to get next season.

I am not saying lets go on a buying spree or anything. Just voicing a fear I have. 

Quick Reply