Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich)

Read 68256 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Thiago Alcantara (Bayer Munich)
      Reply #69: Jul 17, 2020 11:25:20 am
      Unfortunately, BILD seems to be an unreliable source that a lot of German football fans consider to be trash.

As usual, we'll just have to wait and see. Regardless of what Klopp says, I think we are probably going to do business this summer (bc some areas are just untenable atm, like the LB situation and potentially the CB situation if Lovren leaves) but at this point it's very hard to tell who we'll go for and for how much money.

It's probably going to continue being very quite and all of a sudden we'll hear of a done deal out of the blue once the window is open. 

Apparently this story is from Bild+ which is apprently quite reliable.

I still don’t believe it but it’s not the typical Bild source that’s garbage.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #70: Jul 17, 2020 11:33:00 am
      Yea I wouldn't mind Thiago especially as Keita is so injury prone. We need a CB even if Lovren stays as Matip is made of glass. We need to convince Larouci to stay or else we need cover for LB as we shouldn't be relying on Milly to plug the gap anymore.

Other than that we are ok for next season. Our front three won't be replaced in the starting line-up for at least two more seasons. So as much as Salah frustrates he is going nowhere and neither should he as he is more than capable of having another great season for us.

I think saying Keita is injury prone is a bit unfair on the lad.

He got scissored against Barca, then fu**ed over by his national team, then the injury took a long time to heal properly.

It's not like he's had different injuries one after the other.
      His main issue has been that one injury, aggravated by his national team playing him before he was recovered.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #71: Jul 17, 2020 01:33:02 pm
      Apparently this story is from Bild+ which is apprently quite reliable.

I still don’t believe it but it’s not the typical Bild source that’s garbage.
      Yep,I should of clarified, it was BildPlus
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #72: Jul 17, 2020 04:25:59 pm
      The only way this makes sense to me is if Gini has told the boss he won't sign a new contract.  In that case, we sell Gini for 20M or so and replace him with Thiago for a net spend of about 10M.  Replace Gini's place in the squad for 4 years and don't lose Gini on a free. 

If Gini is willing to sign a new deal. Then get him secured and move on. 
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #73: Jul 17, 2020 07:00:18 pm
      Only way this will happen if Gini moves the other way both same age Thiago the better player would take a swap deal all day long
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #74: Jul 17, 2020 07:18:19 pm
      The only way this makes sense to me is if Gini has told the boss he won't sign a new contract.  In that case, we sell Gini for 20M or so and replace him with Thiago for a net spend of about 10M.  Replace Gini's place in the squad for 4 years and don't lose Gini on a free. 

If Gini is willing to sign a new deal. Then get him secured and move on. 

Might not necessarily be Gini that leaves if one of the current midfield departs.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #75: Jul 17, 2020 07:20:44 pm
      Yea I think it's referred to as BILE in Germany.

I don't think we are singing anyone except possibly a CB and LB if Lovren and Larouci leave.

After that we can only hope we don't have injuries next season.
      Exactly. I think having 4 CB's is pretty mandatory as you need at least one replacement for each of the two. This almost certainly means that Lovren leaving (if it happens) equals somebody coming in to replace him because we have nobody else to fill that gap. The same goes for LB as we only have Robbo and surely nobody (Klopp and the rest of the staff) think that Milner is a viable LB replacement and I'd be surprised if the idea was to shift Neco Williams back and forth between RB and LB.

Other than that, I don't think we're going to be moving much. I think Minamino was an early plan to replace Shaq and we'll have to wait and see how this pans out. Maybe Thiago if Gini leaves or Klopp really thinks he brings something important to the way we play (something we don't have) but I say that mainly because the rumour wont go away and some things in this story are regarded as facts (like him telling his teamates he would like to play for Klopp and LFC and Klopp being a fan of Thiago).
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #76: Jul 17, 2020 09:02:59 pm
      The same goes for LB as we only have Robbo and surely nobody (Klopp and the rest of the staff) think that Milner is a viable LB replacement and I'd be surprised if the idea was to shift Neco Williams back and forth between RB and LB.

Though Milner will never push Robbo for starting role at LB this season he he put in good shift at LB/RB when called upon and Williams still looks a decent prospect but I wouldn't have him above Milner in the pecking order as backup full back yet. The problem with both of them is they're not left footed. In a pefect world I would think getting a left footed CB who can play LB would plug two of our holes (assuming Lovren is sold).

As far as Thiago really like the player and with  lot of sides just letting us have 60-70 percent possession he would add something to the attack we don't have. I wouldn't hate the move but it doesn't fill out more pressing needs (pacey forward and LB).
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #77: Jul 18, 2020 01:54:04 pm
      Though Milner will never push Robbo for starting role at LB this season he he put in good shift at LB/RB when called upon and Williams still looks a decent prospect but I wouldn't have him above Milner in the pecking order as backup full back yet. The problem with both of them is they're not left footed. In a pefect world I would think getting a left footed CB who can play LB would plug two of our holes (assuming Lovren is sold).

As far as Thiago really like the player and with  lot of sides just letting us have 60-70 percent possession he would add something to the attack we don't have. I wouldn't hate the move but it doesn't fill out more pressing needs (pacey forward and LB).
      I would also add that Milner is 34 going towards 35. He won't give you anything near what Robbo gives you in terms of bombing up and down the pitch. You can't stick him in there and expect him to give you 90 minutes of the same intensity Robbo gives you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #78: Jul 18, 2020 02:21:54 pm
      I would also add that Milner is 34 going towards 35. He won't give you anything near what Robbo gives you in terms of bombing up and down the pitch. You can't stick him in there and expect him to give you 90 minutes of the same intensity Robbo gives you.

Milner is still the fittest player in the squad.

He's renowned for it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #79: Jul 18, 2020 03:08:23 pm
      Milner is still the fittest player in the squad.

He's renowned for it.

Expecting an offer soon from Leeds!

It's deffo on his to-do list.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #80: Jul 19, 2020 01:48:59 am

:-\ 

Will miss his sure thing penalties!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #81: Jul 19, 2020 10:17:51 am
      :-\ 

Will miss his sure thing penalties!

Same. Fabinho needs to start taken em
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #82: Jul 19, 2020 10:20:21 am
      Quality player, just not sure who he replaces in our starting 11?

Fab, Hendo and Keita is the three for me.

Is he to come in as a squad player who can play in the midfield three as well as Bobby's role?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #83: Jul 19, 2020 04:32:56 pm
      Quality player, just not sure who he replaces in our starting 11?

Fab, Hendo and Keita is the three for me.

Is he to come in as a squad player who can play in the midfield three as well as Bobby's role?

So he can cover all midfield and false 9, what's the problem?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #84: Jul 19, 2020 04:35:37 pm
      So he can cover all midfield and false 9, what's the problem?

Where did I say there was a problem? I said I don't see him getting into our starting 11.

If he wants to come in as a squad player than nice, otherwise I just don't see it happening.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #85: Jul 19, 2020 05:50:56 pm
      Where did I say there was a problem? I said I don't see him getting into our starting 11.

If he wants to come in as a squad player than nice, otherwise I just don't see it happening.

I'd sooner he wanted to come here and think he's good enough to dislodge someone in the first 11 and he probably would think that.

I don't see any downside to this transfer at all if it ever happens.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #86: Jul 19, 2020 06:08:08 pm

yep, and I wouldn't begrudge him the move if we have someone lined up to come in.

His experience has been invaluable for us.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #87: Jul 19, 2020 09:00:18 pm
      I'd sooner he wanted to come here and think he's good enough to dislodge someone in the first 11 and he probably would think that.

I don't see any downside to this transfer at all if it ever happens.

I wouldn't see a downside to it either, just more about whether it is realistically going to happen, if it does great.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #88: Jul 19, 2020 09:08:00 pm

I think he could be rotated in when we are playing sides who park the bus when we will see 60-70 percent of the ball. Based on his injury history I don't think he fit enough to start majorty of games but he does offer something different.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #89: Jul 19, 2020 10:26:41 pm
      I’m not sure why anyone thinks we’d buy a player we don’t really need, that doesn’t fit our profile when we passed on one that does already?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #90: Jul 23, 2020 12:26:11 pm
      I’m not sure why anyone thinks we’d buy a player we don’t really need, that doesn’t fit our profile when we passed on one that does already?
      Can think of about 50 million reasons.

As people have said above, I think this only happens if Gini goes the other way.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #91: Jul 23, 2020 01:33:48 pm
      Can think of about 50 million reasons.

As people have said above, I think this only happens if Gini goes the other way.

I would rather hold on to Gini.

Next seaaon it should be Fabinho and Naby with one of Hendo/Gini as our first choice midfield.

Quick Reply