Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich)

Read 68836 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Re: Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #598: Sep 12, 2020 07:35:34 am
      Does it? I’ve not seen anything that’s any more reliable than the reports saying he was possibly on his way out the door.

Reports saying a meeting between Klopp and Gini went well. Like hell would anybody, don’t care who they are; Pearce, Reddy, Romano or whoever, there is no way any details of how a private meeting between Klopp and a player would get leaked/passed on.

Letting Gini go into another season without a contract, that I would not understand.
      Especially when money is so tight - we're told.

Lets say then instead, I'm hopeful rumours of a deal being close, are true.
      And that a meeting has taken place, and went well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #599: Sep 12, 2020 08:26:32 am
      It's not a crap example, it's literally how it works

People live within their means

Simple really and if you cant see it you're either being deliberately obtuse or unintentionally obtuse

I'm not sure which is worse

But it's based on the wrong assumption that everyone spends every penny they earn, that simply is not true. After a certain points a portion of your income is not used, its savings, and that proportion grows bigger and bigger the more you earn, unless you're an utter idiot who pisses all their money away in some sort of Brewster millions style. For a footballer earning around £10m a year a vast majority of that money goes to savings. Even with outrageous spending you'd struggle to spend more than £500k per year which leaves a minimum of £3-4m in savings per year, multiply that by 10 and with some smart investments then you'll be set for life.
      Kopite78
      Reply #600: Sep 12, 2020 08:28:28 am
      But it's based on the wrong assumption that everyone spends every penny they earn, that simply is not true. After a certain points a portion of your income is not used, its savings, and that proportion grows bigger and bigger the more you earn, unless you're an utter idiot who pisses all their money away in some sort of Brewster millions style. For a footballer earning around £10m a year a vast majority of that money goes to savings. Even with outrageous spending you'd struggle to spend more than £500k per year which leaves a minimum of £3-4m in savings per year, multiply that by 10 and with some smart investments then you'll be set for life.

That's your wrong assumption

Living within your means is not spending every penny you earn

Everybody wants to maximise their earning potential no matter what level that is
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #601: Sep 12, 2020 08:36:16 am
      That's your wrong assumption

Living within your means is not spending every penny you earn

Everybody wants to maximise their earning potential no matter what level that is

So you agree with me then???

For a footballer the difference between earning £150k and £200k per week will have zero effect on their daily life. It will only affect the rate at which there savings grow but it will still grow at an obscene rate, enough to make them incredibly rich for the rest of their lives.

So then the question is be miserable in your job and be a millionaire or play where you really want and be a slightly less well off but still filthy rich millionaire, I'd chose the latter, you?
      Kopite78
      Reply #602: Sep 12, 2020 08:49:35 am
      So you agree with me then???

For a footballer the difference between earning £150k and £200k per week will have zero effect on their daily life. It will only affect the rate at which there savings grow but it will still grow at an obscene rate, enough to make them incredibly rich for the rest of their lives.

So then the question is be miserable in your job and be a millionaire or play where you really want and be a slightly less well off but still filthy rich millionaire, I'd chose the latter, you?

Absolutely not, not sure how you took I sgree with you from that

I doubt very highly hes misable in his job and I imagine there are a fair few clubs that will continue to pay him what he earns now and not offer him a 25% wage cut

No matter what you earn you dont want to take a 25% wage cut

You think his agent, who will be negotiating the deal will want his percentage to be 25% less?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #603: Sep 12, 2020 02:23:15 pm
      Absolutely not, not sure how you took I sgree with you from that

I doubt very highly hes misable in his job and I imagine there are a fair few clubs that will continue to pay him what he earns now and not offer him a 25% wage cut

No matter what you earn you dont want to take a 25% wage cut

You think his agent, who will be negotiating the deal will want his percentage to be 25% less?

Who cares what his agent wants, the agent works for the player. I can only assume you don't have much money but trust me, there is a point beyond which you can't spend all you earn and past that point it really doesn't hurt very much if there is a bit of a dip in earnings, especially if that involves making you happy. For example I'm fairly certain Elon Musk is doing OK despite losing several billion of his fortune last week.
      Kopite78
      Reply #604: Sep 12, 2020 02:27:03 pm
      Who cares what his agent wants, the agent works for the player. I can only assume you don't have much money but trust me, there is a point beyond which you can't spend all you earn and past that point it really doesn't hurt very much if there is a bit of a dip in earnings, especially if that involves making you happy. For example I'm fairly certain Elon Musk is doing OK despite losing several billion of his fortune last week.

Haha, I'm sound for money thanks

Elon Musk wouldnt want to have lost that money would he?
      You ask Elon Musk if he would do his work for 25% less

I bet you he tell you no

You keep suggesting he isnt happy currently, and that he will only be happy when he moves, and for less money

You live in your own world you, go ask the fairies that live down your garden about some of your theories because I'm sure some of them will be a stretch even for them

It's right up there with your constant few weeks of saying in feb March that you cant understand why football wont be back on in a couple of weeks
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #605: Sep 12, 2020 11:45:27 pm
      Haha, I'm sound for money thanks

Elon Musk wouldnt want to have lost that money would he?
      You ask Elon Musk if he would do his work for 25% less

I bet you he tell you no

You keep suggesting he isnt happy currently, and that he will only be happy when he moves, and for less money

You live in your own world you, go ask the fairies that live down your garden about some of your theories because I'm sure some of them will be a stretch even for them

It's right up there with your constant few weeks of saying in feb March that you cant understand why football wont be back on in a couple of weeks

I've actually been in the position of taking a lesser paid job because the job ticked every other box and it turned out to be a great decision and job as opposed to the one I was in.
      Some of us aren't 100% fixated on greed and realise it's not the main thing that brings happiness in life, I hope some day you'll discover that as well.
      Kopite78
      Reply #606: Sep 13, 2020 09:09:50 am
      I've actually been in the position of taking a lesser paid job because the job ticked every other box and it turned out to be a great decision and job as opposed to the one I was in.
      Some of us aren't 100% fixated on greed and realise it's not the main thing that brings happiness in life, I hope some day you'll discover that as well.

Haha.
      Look let's see if you're right and that Thiago joins us on less money than he is on as Bayern. Maybe you're right but it will be absolutely against the grain for footballers who are at the top of their game and hold all the cards

And for your information providing for your family isnt F***ing greed
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #607: Sep 13, 2020 11:06:01 am
      And for your information providing for your family isnt f**king greed

Yes. And a footballer’s career is short. Even more so, each player has to earn as much as they can while they’re able to. That’s only logical. No doubt there will be those few like god who would sign for us for free, these players will probably be few and far between. Reasonably.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #608: Sep 13, 2020 02:42:04 pm
      Haha.
      Look let's see if you're right and that Thiago joins us on less money than he is on as Bayern. Maybe you're right but it will be absolutely against the grain for footballers who are at the top of their game and hold all the cards

And for your information providing for your family isnt f**king greed

I feel we are going round in circles here mate, I am talking about the super-rich where 95% of what they earn every year goes into savings, in that scenario then it makes perfect sense to take a small pay cut to go to a club where you'd enjoy your football rather than sty and be miserable/less happy.
      These footballers earn enough in a lifetime to look after all their immediate families and probably the next generation too in absolute security and more often than not luxury.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #609: Sep 13, 2020 02:46:36 pm
      Yes. And a footballer’s career is short. Even more so, each player has to earn as much as they can while they’re able to. That’s only logical. No doubt there will be those few like god who would sign for us for free, these players will probably be few and far between. Reasonably.

OK so the average elite footballer earns £150k per week, times that by 15 years and you are looking at at least £50m after tax, assuming they don't have some clever accountants working for them, which of course they do. Even without making any smart investments and just chucking all that money into a low interest savings account its more than enough to retire very very comfortably I would think.
      Kopite78
      Reply #610: Sep 13, 2020 02:57:16 pm
      I feel we are going round in circles here mate, I am talking about the super-rich where 95% of what they earn every year goes into savings, in that scenario then it makes perfect sense to take a small pay cut to go to a club where you'd enjoy your football rather than sty and be miserable/less happy.
      These footballers earn enough in a lifetime to look after all their immediate families and probably the next generation too in absolute security and more often than not luxury.

Only reason we are seemingly going around in circles is because you tried to suggest all I care about is money

Now as for the elite footballers, look in an ideal world maybe you could be right, however in reality we all know its nonsense and they like everyone else want to maximise their earning potential

Its just reality

And to be honest the more really high earning footballers we have over here currently the better as half their earnings go to the government, and we're 2 trillion in debt as a country
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #611: Sep 13, 2020 04:33:18 pm
      Only reason we are seemingly going around in circles is because you tried to suggest all I care about is money

Now as for the elite footballers, look in an ideal world maybe you could be right, however in reality we all know its nonsense and they like everyone else want to maximise their earning potential

Its just reality

And to be honest the more really high earning footballers we have over here currently the better as half their earnings go to the government, and we're 2 trillion in debt as a country

I agree the majority are driven by greed but its possible some of them might take a small cut to have a new challenge, its not like they'd suddenly be working for free, they'd still be earning obscene amounts of money.

Anyway let's agree to disagree.
      Kopite78
      Reply #612: Sep 13, 2020 04:37:51 pm
      I agree the majority are driven by greed but its possible some of them might take a small cut to have a new challenge, its not like they'd suddenly be working for free, they'd still be earning obscene amounts of money.

Anyway let's agree to disagree.

You call it greed

It's not a case of agreeing or disagreeing. Yiure just not accepting reality
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #613: Sep 13, 2020 04:41:33 pm
      You call it greed

It's not a case of agreeing or disagreeing. Yiure just not accepting reality

You're an argumentative sod aren't you, I hand out an olive branch and you snap it in two.

So are you saying that players are not greedy and that they need 200k per week just to get by??  Poor souls, shall we set up a charity for them maybe?
      Kopite78
      Reply #614: Sep 13, 2020 04:45:41 pm
      You're an argumentative sod aren't you, I hand out an olive branch and you snap it in two.

So are you saying that players are not greedy and that they need 200k per week just to get by??  Poor souls, shall we set up a charity for them maybe?

No I dont believe they're greedy to want to maximise their earning capabilities
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #615: Sep 13, 2020 05:22:38 pm
      No I dont believe they're greedy to want to maximise their earning capabilities

They are if money is the only reason keeping them at a club they hate over a club they'd love to play for.

Anyway bored of this now, feel free to have the last word, I know you need it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #616: Sep 13, 2020 06:54:01 pm
      They are if money is the only reason keeping them at a club they hate over a club they'd love to play for.

Anyway bored of this now, feel free to have the last word, I know you need it.

I'll have the last word if you're talking nonsense

What makes you think Thiago hates Bayern? Gives me no impression he hates Bayern
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #617: Sep 14, 2020 05:53:08 pm
      I'll have the last word if you're talking nonsense

What makes you think Thiago hates Bayern? Gives me no impression he hates Bayern

Kopite 78, you are banging your head against the wall with him, and he reckons you are a argumentative sod that's a joke.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #618: Sep 15, 2020 08:07:26 pm
      Don’t believe this. A whole day has gone by, without any wild unsupported speculation being tossed around for everyone else’s derision 😂😂😂😂
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #619: Sep 17, 2020 09:41:49 am
      Looks like he’s coming according to Pearce! Get the F**k in!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #620: Sep 17, 2020 09:44:55 am
      Oh ye of little faith, trust the club and the people who run it.

Quick Reply