Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Aston Villa (5 July 2020 - 4:30 pm)

Read 3613 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Aston Villa (5 July 2020 - 4:30 pm)
      Reply #23: Jul 05, 2020 12:44:09 pm
      I’m not so sure Jürgen will change too much, I’m of the opinion that you never change a winning side, so using the same logic, I think it’s only fair that those under performers be given the chance to put things right,
      No one came off that pitch on Thursday with any credit whatsoever, yet those same players carried us through 33 league games losing only twice, in fact losing only thrice in two seasons, no one will be hurting more than them, they clinched our first title in 30 years the week before so their pride took one hell of a kicking when their lacklustre performance got severely punished, by our main protagonists, for professional athletes, that is a embarrassment,

I’d be inclined to field the same side to face Villa, I’d be wanting them to take their hurt out on them, I’d be wanting us to be at least 3 up before HT, if so, then I’d be changing things around, we have 5 subs so I’d use them all, not sure in which order but I guess it will depend on the individual,

Needless to say though that Jürgen named Jones, Williams & Elliot so that’s three possibilities right there, Keita thru the middle perhaps alongside Ox in central midfield with Fabinho holding, not so sure I’d leave Robbo out tho, he is pivotal to our attack and links up with Mane superbly, we’ll soon see won’t we, not long to wait now.

I stupidly predicted a 0-4 drubbing on Thursday (cough,cough), Villa are not Citeh, so fuckit....

4-0 Champions 🤪

Y  N  W  A
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #24: Jul 05, 2020 01:31:25 pm
      Win moves us on to our third highest points total in club history. 

Hopefully a little bit more comfortable than the away game!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #25: Jul 05, 2020 03:18:17 pm
      Gotta be 4:0 against this lot or we gotta question our lads mentality and ambition now the press won.
      These are dire, and as for the mighty Mings in their defence. Well, I’ve seen better players in Sunday League footy !

Quick Reply