Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villa?

Alisson
      21 (32.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (3.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.5%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      14 (21.5%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      16 (24.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (4.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (3.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.1%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Jul 09, 2020 06:25:05 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12504 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Jul 06, 2020 04:03:19 pm
      Ox and Keita in the same team does not seem to work. Keita was not phenomenal but he kept on trying and it eventually worked. As for Ox, it seems that the poor form of the front 3 did not help him. He has a very good relationship with Salah, but the latter was not in great form, being bullied by the physicality of the defenders.

We need to invest in this team! An attacking midfielder and a striker. Origi has been more than enough chances to prove himself. He is not improving enough. Sturridge played much less but still performed regularly, he as still sold. I'm not saying we should sell him, but he should improve and show that he deserves his place in the team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #254: Jul 06, 2020 04:23:45 pm
      Ox and Keita in the same team does not seem to work. Keita was not phenomenal but he kept on trying and it eventually worked. As for Ox, it seems that the poor form of the front 3 did not help him. He has a very good relationship with Salah, but the latter was not in great form, being bullied by the physicality of the defenders.

We need to invest in this team! An attacking midfielder and a striker. Origi has been more than enough chances to prove himself. He is not improving enough. Sturridge played much less but still performed regularly, he as still sold. I'm not saying we should sell him, but he should improve and show that he deserves his place in the team.

I'm really not convinced by Ox, he goes missing in matches far to often, yesterday should have been his opportunity to shine but he was one of the worst on the pitch, along with Origi. Ox is an ok squad player but I'd prefer to see more of Curtis than Ox going forwards.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,900 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #255: Jul 06, 2020 04:53:53 pm
      I did note how Curtis celebrated his goal.
      Be good if he could look a bit more pleased with himself, rather than looking so angry 😣

Why would he be angry, he looked pretty pleased with himself when the players congratulated him, remember Anfield was empty of supporters so it wouldn’t feel right running around celebrating like a lunatic would it ?

Y  N  W  A
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #256: Jul 06, 2020 05:00:13 pm
      I did note how Curtis celebrated his goal.
      Be good if he could look a bit more pleased with himself, rather than looking so angry 😣

He certainly seemed happy enough about it in his interview after the game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #257: Jul 07, 2020 11:02:54 am
      He certainly seemed happy enough about it in his interview after the game.

Yeah, agree with the afters. It was just the instant reaction where he looked like he’d just been robbed. 😂
      Not a major issue, just an observation 🤷‍♂️
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #258: Jul 07, 2020 11:07:48 am

Did look a bit disjointed , but Id rather put it down to the lack of rythem, which the whole team is obviously suffering from just now.

Both can be brilliant on theyre day.

I expect to see a lot more of them both next season, remember both have had terrible runs of injuries, be nice to see them fit for a full season.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #259: Jul 08, 2020 06:55:57 am
      Did look a bit disjointed , but Id rather put it down to the lack of rythem, which the whole team is obviously suffering from just now.

Both can be brilliant on theyre day.

I expect to see a lot more of them both next season, remember both have had terrible runs of injuries, be nice to see them fit for a full season.

I have no doubt about them, they are good CM, but I think that midfiled is all about equilibrium: there needs to be a leader and there needs to be balance between attack and defence. Ox and Keita are not in the category of leaders in the team (yet) and are more attacking CM.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #260: Jul 08, 2020 08:44:54 am
      Quote from JD
      89 points.  Five to play.  24th consecutive home league win.  About our millionth home league game without defeat.

All mad mad stats and doubt it will ever be repeated.

Curtis Jones knows where the goal is doesn't he!

6 months to the day he knocked the blueballs out of the cup. It was probably warmer that day than this. Jürgen was kitted out for a wild day in January than July.

Game was what I expected it to be. A dour struggle between a team that lost it's last game 4-0 and a team determined to do anything to beat the drop. It looked a 0-0 for a long time until the cavalry arrived, delivered the goods, and we won our first home game as champions. 57 home league games unbeaten is a full 3 seasons worth of home games. 51 points from 51 at home this season is unbelievable. It means we will win the league by a minimum of 8 points, although it should be nearer 20 in the end.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #261: Jul 08, 2020 10:25:51 am
      6 months to the day he knocked the blueballs out of the cup. It was probably warmer that day than this. Jürgen was kitted out for a wild day in January than July.

Game was what I expected it to be. A dour struggle between a team that lost it's last game 4-0 and a team determined to do anything to beat the drop. It looked a 0-0 for a long time until the cavalry arrived, delivered the goods, and we won our first home game as champions. 57 home league games unbeaten is a full 3 seasons worth of home games. 51 points from 51 at home this season is unbelievable. It means we will win the league by a minimum of 8 points, although it should be nearer 20 in the end.

I agree, I think the winning margin will be about 26 as I can see City dropping some more points as they focus on FA Cup and CL, Pep will want to rotate as much as possible in the league.

Quick Reply