Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [League Cup] Thu 1st Oct @ 7:45 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of October and on this date LFC's match record is P34 W16 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson
      2 (4.2%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      25 (52.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (2.1%)
       Fabinho
      7 (14.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (2.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (16.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (6.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: Jul 15, 2020 04:52:10 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 4221 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #300: Jul 14, 2020 05:08:14 pm
      Mo is in selfish mode too often.

In fairness he would have had 2 assists in Firmino hadn’t wasted his chance with hitting the post and if Jones hadn’t just leathered his effort wide. Both very good scoring opportunities that I would expect us to be converting, both set up by Salah. Of course that part gets left out though.

Salah’s issue this game wasn’t greed, it was converting the many chances he had.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #301: Jul 15, 2020 01:22:09 pm
      In fairness he would have had 2 assists in Firmino hadn’t wasted his chance with hitting the post and if Jones hadn’t just leathered his effort wide. Both very good scoring opportunities that I would expect us to be converting, both set up by Salah. Of course that part gets left out though.

Salah’s issue this game wasn’t greed, it was converting the many chances he had.

I disagree, Salah is extremely greedy and because of that Sadio thinks f**k you I'm not passing to you either mate! Its a serious problem that Jürgen needs to sort out. You can see it whenever one or the other scores, there is very little joy shared between them. The irony is that if both started passing more to each other both would score more goals.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      Reply #302: Jul 15, 2020 01:26:35 pm
      I disagree, Salah is extremely greedy and because of that Sadio thinks f**k you I'm not passing to you either mate! Its a serious problem that Jürgen needs to sort out. You can see it whenever one or the other scores, there is very little joy shared between them. The irony is that if both started passing more to each other both would score more goals.

You disagree that Salah created two massive goal scoring opportunities? Because that’s what my post was saying, nothing to do with the relationship between him and Mane.

FWIW, and I’m not going to go back over old ground, but I’d say Salah creates more chances than what Mane does and Mane is actually the greedier of the two. There’s a reason why Mane only managed 3 assists in the league last season compared to Salah’s 12.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #303: Jul 15, 2020 04:00:02 pm
      You disagree that Salah created two massive goal scoring opportunities? Because that’s what my post was saying, nothing to do with the relationship between him and Mane.

FWIW, and I’m not going to go back over old ground, but I’d say Salah creates more chances than what Mane does and Mane is actually the greedier of the two. There’s a reason why Mane only managed 3 assists in the league last season compared to Salah’s 12.

Hmm, I was actually disagreeing with you saying Salah was not greedy as I suspect you know. As for the assists that's an interesting one, but it could be because the ball tends to be played more to Salah than it does Mane or maybe they are as selfish as each other, in any case its not good for the team, its far to often that both of them shoot when they should pass.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      Reply #304: Jul 15, 2020 04:41:15 pm
      Hmm, I was actually disagreeing with you saying Salah was not greedy as I suspect you know.

I wasn’t saying he wasn’t greedy, I was saying that in that game that wasn’t the issue as he created a number of chances for other players, and my point was how that wasn’t getting recognition. He wasted far more of his own chances in that game than the chances he wasted by not passing. There was no point in that game, that I remember where it was clear as day he should have played the ball but went for it on his own instead.

I’m not sure how my post led on to you saying you disagree with it and then talking about the relationship between him and Mane.

Quick Reply