Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool (8 July 2020 - 8:15 pm)

Read 5280 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre-Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool (8 July 2020 - 8:15 pm)
      Reply #23: Jul 08, 2020 11:59:22 am
      I expect another tight contest, most likely a one goal game, hopefully with us winning. Brighton are not quite safe yet so I expect a real battling performance from them.

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #24: Jul 08, 2020 12:54:06 pm
      Even though they're more or less safe a win definitely puts brighton on the beach (pardon the pun). Another tight game tonight, Brighton are a well drilled team. 2-1 Liverpool Mané x2
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #25: Jul 08, 2020 01:21:45 pm
      I'm also not expecting too many changes and a team that is close to full strength. Robbo and Ox have had a bit of criticism in here recently but would not surprise me to see both start tonight. Make up of the midfield three is important I think, last game we went with Fab as the holder and Ox and Keita who both like to get forward and the balance didn't look right. Keita and Ox would benefit from playing with 2 from Milly, Hendo, Gini behind them. It's not ideal for them both to play together imho. Expect Bobby to start. Regardless of form it would be a mistake to rest him, our attacking balance goes out the window the minute we lose his left foot and overlaps from the team. Stick Williams out there and he has to cut in and play simple passes with his right foot all game. We're not nearly as dynamic on the ball without Robbo and Trent in the team.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #26: Jul 08, 2020 01:26:47 pm
      Three that were rested at the weekend back in, Keita to keep his place (needs a run of games until the end of the season). Would love a comfortable game so the kids can get some more minutes but I think Brighton will make it tricky.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #27: Jul 08, 2020 03:13:16 pm
      Even though they're more or less safe a win definitely puts brighton on the beach (pardon the pun). Another tight game tonight, Brighton are a well drilled team. 2-1 Liverpool Mané x2

Ever been to beach a beach in Brighton mate, trust me, they wouldn’t want to be on it I’m sure, It’s alright if you’re a collector of rocks & shingle, oh and btw, Bobby will get his obligatory away goal tonight & Salah needs to bag to keep tabs on Vardy.

Y  N  W  A
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #28: Jul 08, 2020 06:38:52 pm
      I don't care. How often can we say that? It's a privilege. I'm enjoying mine.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29: Jul 08, 2020 06:56:24 pm
      I think I'd like to see Keita get another start but I'd have Hendo back in with Gini.

Same back five and normal from three with a view to Minamino getting some decent minutes and Jones a good run out second half.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30: Jul 08, 2020 07:08:33 pm
      I think I'd like to see Keita get another start but I'd have Hendo back in with Gini.

Same back five and normal from three with a view to Minamino getting some decent minutes and Jones a good run out second half.

Yeah love to see Nabby but he must play high as that's were he's effective. Worked well with Hendo,Gini and Nabby for 30 mins or so against Villa. Jones also must be played again. He will fancy it against Brighton, mean he wouldn't be fazed if it was Real M.

0-5.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #31: Jul 08, 2020 07:11:24 pm
      Yeah love to see Nabby but he must play high as that's were he's effective. Worked well with Hendo,Gini and Nabby for 30 mins or so against Villa. Jones also must be played again. He will fancy it against Brighton, mean he wouldn't be fazed if it was Real M.

0-5.

Agree on Many. He needs to play more closely to the front three. 

Even Fabinho, Hendo and Keita in a three would allow this
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #32: Jul 08, 2020 07:20:44 pm
      Neco at LB. This is what I love about Jürgen. If that was Pep or Mourinho they would splash 40/50 million on a LB and hope it fits. Klopp is willing to try things by sticking a young lad in out of position. I see him doing well, real quality in young Williams.

Quick Reply